Current Driver & Shaft

No fitting for my current (or any) driver.

I'm playing Callaway BB 815 with a Project X one of a kind shaft from the #HandCraftedExperience. I'd say the combo was fit for me. I tested out a baseline shaft for a month then had the best in the shaft business, DB design a golf shaft specifically for me based on what I saw during the month with the baseline.

Driver - Ping G30 with a stiff flex diamana 'ahina by mitsu. Fitted by my local PGA pro. Got my spin to a great number.

Irons, wedges (although i over ruled with the project x shafts) fitted by same guy.

Im lucky to have access to this type of stuff.

3 wood, 7 wood and hybrid not fitted.

Mine was fit by my current teacher. Process took roughly 60 minutes all drives were hit outside and on trackman.

I started hitting my current driver at the time. After a few swings we had a baseline number. Then I hit that head with several different shafts and found best combo. Form there I hit several different head and shaft combos. At that point there were 3 combos that were superior. From there I hit those 3 combos until ultimately going with my current setup.

Things we looked at were AOA, launch angle, spin rate, dispersion, and carry. The one I settled one gave me the best numbers in all areas. The only negative with getting fit by my coach is he only carries a couple of product lines as far as clubs go. Selection would have been larger going to some of the fitting centers in the area. The big positive of the fitting was that I walked out with the combo that I hit on the range that day. No ordering, no pulling one off the wall that matches the club I was fit into.

Current shaft was not what I was fit go for the head and have been tinkering with various shafts.

my fitting for this driver was done at a demo day. Fitter didn't have launch monitor setups as it was close to,the end of the demo day. Tried one shaft and the fitter recommended different one so we put that in the head and launch stayed the same, flight became more penetrating.

My current drive and shaft were not a result of a fitting.

My combo was not fit for me as the store only had one brand of shaft choice. Purchased after comparing against my previous driver at PGATSS simulator.

Pics below show what is, without a doubt, the BEST EVER Driver/Shaft combo for me...:thumb:

:love: A Hot-Faced, Forgiving Driver with a Hot Shaft and a perfect fit!

Attachments

• SLDR-C Driver.jpg
    SLDR-C Driver.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 0
  • download.jpg
    download.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
No it was not.

No. I'm like a blind mouse just trying to find something that works based off visual results. Problem though is consistency of swing makes that almost impossible.

Played my first round yesterday with the Fujikura Speeder TS 7.2 X shaft installed on my Titleist 913D2. It will take a few rounds/range session to get used to the weight of this shaft.

I was fitted for this shaft back at Modern Golf

No fitting, but would like to get full set fitted on my next big purchase.

No. I'm like a blind mouse just trying to find something that works based off visual results. Problem though is consistency of swing makes that almost impossible.
This is my situation as well.

How can I get fitted with a swing that has, to my knowledge, never been the same twice.

This is my situation as well.

How can I get fitted with a swing that has, to my knowledge, never been the same twice.

Focus on lessons first.

My current driver was fit for me by my teacher at golf Galaxy. We tried a bunch of different heads with the stock shafts. We didn't tinker with any different shaft combos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I go between 2 setups. However both were fit to me. Same head, Great Big Bertha. Both set at 8 degrees. Shafts are Speeder 565 Stiff(Fit at ECPC for Granddaddy), the other is Fubuki 50 Stiff(Fit at Callaway HQ during GBB Week).

I was not fit into my current driver. I came across it when I was test driving the J815 and liked how it played in the rounds I had with it, so decided to buy one.

I will say the driver I had before this was through a fitting at Club Champion. They take you through a number of head and shaft combos until it is narrowed down to the one giving you the best numbers. When the J815 was beating that driver on distance, accuracy and forgiveness, i decided to make the change.

I was fit. Fitting involved only the one brand. Started by hitting my gamer at the time, which was found out did not work with my swing as the time, very high spin (4500+). So, first step was trying a very low loft and stiff flex shaft. From there, the fitter added loft to find a launch angle that worked, while still keeping spin down. Shaft basically came down to feedback from me. He knew the characteristics of the shafts he had there and basically just handed me a bunch and asked how each felt to me and concluded on what I now have.

Yes at the TMPL last fall. Tested the M1 in a few configurations outdoors with CG2. I lofted up from the R15 and went with 10.5 on the M1 as it gave a even higher launch without increasing the spin.

Not fit but I'm gaming the xr16 pro with hzrdus yellow. Gives me great numbers and performs on course

Was fitted for my driver, but eventually swapped it out for a heavier shaft that I hit better. Was fit on a launch monitor, but only went through three shafts.

It would have been cheaper for me to go through a fitting. I did it the hard way... bought the driver, then went through 5 shafts before finding what works best for me.

Current set up was not fit for me. My last fitting was for my J40 tour ad-di pairing.

Nope, Ive never been fit for a club unless you consider lb44 telling me what I need to buy on the range as a fitting.

Back