Your Preferred Tee Time

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
I'm an early AM golfer. I like to tee on on weekends no later than 7 and as close to 6 as possible. Last weekend teed off around 8 and the round was a good 45 minutes slower. We ended up pairing with the group in front of us, and they always prefer to tee off around 8. Which makes sense because normally we see them coming up 9 when we are finishing 18. So what is your preference? Do you prefer early AM, mid morning, afternoon, twilight?

Earlier the better, prefer not to tee off after 8 unless it's something special.

First thing in the morning here but I also like mid day if it's not busy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Early AM, especially on the weekends. Love getting off the course before lunch and still having the entire day

I like to play 7 or earlier, or just wait for the afternoon. I'm like you, I found tee times before 7 are an hour faster than playing mid morning. So if I can't get off first thing I usually prefer to wait until mid afternoon when it starts to speed up again.

Edit: My dad and I played with Pudge this weekend at 6:53, he commented that we were probably two tee times away from playing in 2:30-3 hours. It was a bit over 4 hours instead.

Personally I'm an afternoon/twilight golfer. I'm more of a night owl anyway, so early morning rounds aren't usually my thing. I like to sleep in until at least 10/11 on the weekends, so I'm just waking up when you get done normally haha.

I love being first out on weekdays. I can play 9 in less then an hour and be to work on time no problem. I hate playing in the afternoon, the wait just makes my anxiety go haywire.

Early PM for me. When it's hot out, no one plays. I get a course that's very empty and for a preferred rate. I never have to worry about early morning dew and the damp lies that come with it, and I don't have to worry about possibly skipping breakfast to sleep longer.

First.

Early enough but not too early. Hate getting out there and the course is all wet from either dew or sprinklers and stuff. Like 8:30 would be perfect time.

I love to be one of the first off the tee if possible. If I can't do that, I like to play mid-afternoon when it isn't too crowded.

I prefer to play in the afternoon around 2-3 pm but the crowds usually make for a miserably slow round.

I tend to play at 6:30am because if you go off later on the weekends, it's a zoo.

On the weekdays, I'll go off whenever.

I'd love to play early mornings, but my work hours don't allow for that (off work between 11pm-1am). Most of my rounds are in the afternoon or evening.

Early AM, you have so much of your day left after your round.

I love to play as early as possible, first tee time is great. The problem is my body would like to play around 10, if not later. Takes me hours to loosen up most days.

The earliest the better. especially on one local course, if you book a tee time after 10am its 5 hrs to play 18.

Early in the morning or late in the afternoon during daylight savings time. I enjoy teeing off around 5 or so and coming up 18 with dusk settling in. Plus less people on the course then and I can play multiple shots if working on something.

Early AM is what I like best, but I will play at any hour.

7 ish.

Avoid the drunks and still have time left in the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like to go off around 10:00 a.m. (Mon - Fri) as I have a few things to do when I first get up and this gives me time to take care of business.

11AM or earlier - once you get beyond that the course clogs up and can turn into a 5 hr round IMO.....

The golden hour, about 2 hours before sunset.

I prefer to golf later in the afternoon. I am not a morning person. Most of my rounds are after work and I prefer it. Love seeing the sun start to set as I am finishing up golfing, just a perfect ending to the day for me.

Depends what's going on. Early am most of the time, but weekdays in the afternoon so I can get some work done in the am. If I'm on vacation without the family, it's usually 36 holes or give me something in the late afternoon that gets me done around happy hour.

Early AM is my preferred for sure

Back