bogeyme

The Golf GODS hate me
Reaction score
Handicap
High
I think I may have mentioned this once before on here but I had a couple questions. On my Q4 putter I can have the toe or the heel weighted slightly heavier than the other. Is there a benefit to having the toe weight more than the heel or vice versa? How can I tell if I should have one or the other weighted heavier? The putter came with 10g weights installed and an 5g weight that I can put in either side to make it weigh a little less.

You may want to ask amollerud

if you push the ball 95% of the time, putting a heavier weight in the heel will allow the toe of the putter to get through first which will in essense correct your push. if you pull the ball 95% of the time, putting the heavier weight in the toe will allow the heel to get through first which will correct your pull.

in my opinion, while that will work with drivers for draws and fades, with putters, it will probably feel weird and very unbalanced. and i have yet to meet somebody who pushes or pulls with their putting stroke every single time. personally, i would leave the weights balance and just work on making and solid, and even stroke. and if i ever have a putter with weights, the only configuration i would ever look at is something lighter or heavier, never unbalanced. just my 2 cents. hope that helps

Back