Shotscope Performance Tracking System Preview

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This arrived at THP HQ today and is headed to a THP Staff Writer for full review. What do you think?

these devices seem to be getting better, so I am interested in seeing how it goes. I know Dan and I talked about the Arccos unit on our podcast.

That one looks muuuuuuch more streamlined.

I have not looked into any of these shot tracking systems in depth. I do love the idea of having all that into at your disposal post round and can see this being a great tool to identify areas of improvement.

I will never get myself to spend the cash on this though.

That looks good, I'm just not a fan of sticking things in my clubs.

Looks like something I would be interested in. Looking forward to the review!

Looks good. Definitely waiting on a review to see how it stacks up to the other offerings. I have a game golf tag system, but yet to actually put it in play...

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I don't know how much I would use these types of devices. This one though appears to be so streamlined that would probably be the only one to make sense. I'm hoping the software isn't buggy on it and winds up interrupting your round. Looking forward to the review.

If someone can figure out how to put a sensor on a putter that is has weights in the grip (existing options cannot), I will throw money at it.

The unit seems streamlined and the program visuals look good. I'm interested in hearing how it functions on the course, any bugs etc, as well as how effective their customer service is if needed. Looking forward to the review.

I have been pondering these for a while, I am really looking forward to the review. Looks pretty good so far.

I like the UI and overall capabilities of this one better than anything i've seen so far. I will be waiting to see the details on how this one stacks up.

Interested to know more. Curious why I'd need a watch and the tags as some of the GPS watches now do shot tracking with no tags. I'm just not a fan of watches while I play but not something I'd rule out until I learned more.

Interested to know more. Curious why I'd need a watch and the tags as some of the GPS watches now do shot tracking with no tags. I'm just not a fan of watches while I play but not something I'd rule out until I learned more.
One benefit I see over the watch is that the watch won't know what club you are swinging. Every swing you have to input that. With this, each club has a sensor. I'm guess there's a pairing process the 1st time you set it up, but the idea here is that you pretty much grab the club and go. Not as intrusive to your round, and it isn't something that's strapped on like GameGolf.

For me this product has the major drawback of being wrist mounted so surely anyone (like myself) who wears a GPS watch already isn't going to be keen on wearing another watch type thing on the other wrist. I don't know why they didn't add a simple display to their unit so it does both. I wouldn't consider it for this reason.

What are the benefits to this over Arccos, and Game?

This is what I'm thinking as well. I could do with the watch though as I wear one when I play now.

I bet there will only be improvement as it's the newest one to market.

Very interested in this as I love these kind of data devices.

This is what I'm thinking as well. I could do with the watch though as I wear one when I play now.

I bet there will only be improvement as it's the newest one to market.

Very interested in this as I love these kind of data devices.

yeah you've been an Arccos guy for some time now.

I would love something like this. I really think they serve a purpose and enjoyed my game golf (until I ran it over with my car). This looks solid!

I would love something like this. I really think they serve a purpose and enjoyed my game golf (until I ran it over with my car). This looks solid!

I feel bad for you but i just LOL at the parenthesis

If someone can figure out how to put a sensor on a putter that is has weights in the grip (existing options cannot), I will throw money at it.
Double stick tape?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I feel bad for you but i just LOL at the parenthesis

Yea not my best moment. It is pretty funny now but I was super heated when it happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is moving closer to a true virtual caddy. You can use machine learning to really improve your game. It could use your historical data (distance hit with each club) and combine it with realtime data to advise you on what club to hit given current conditions. Very cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back