OGIO Silencer Stand Bag Preview

Hawk

Master Painter
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The perfect bag for golfers who want to stealglances for their skills on the course, not their clanking clubs

silencer_zigpin.jpg
silencer_raceday.jpg

Salt Lake City, UT -(May 29, 2014)
OGIO, a leading designer of golf bags andapparel, introduces its new Silencer™ stand bag for golfers on the move.Equipped with OGIO’s innovative Silencer Club Protection System* and a weightequalizing Shoxx X4 strap, the Silencer provides the most comfortable and quietgolfing experience to date. Available now for $234.99, the newest stand bagcontinues OGIO’s tradition of combining innovative design with unique style.

OGIO designed the Silencer standbag from the ground up with the walking golfer in mind. Silencer’s dynamicprotective membrane top separates up to 14 club heads and the proprietaryUnibody Grip Lock bottom uses flex grab teeth to keep clubs in place andeliminate movement. By reducing the dreaded clanking sound and minimizing clubdings, golfers can add years of life to any set of clubs. The feather-litestand bag’s durable integrated handles allow for stable and secure lifting,while the equalizing shoulder strap balances weight across your back, making itas comfortable on the 18th green as it is on the first tee.

“Innovation coupled with uniquefashion embody our design signature,” says Tom Gocke, Global VP of OGIO Golf.“The Silencer is our latest innovation in golf that provides the ultimate inclub protection while reducing the annoying sound of clanking clubs.”

Built for efficiency,organization and ease, the Silencer features 7 pockets. Pockets include aninsulated zippered water bottle pocket, as well as a fleece-lined pocket forvaluables. The added touch of a pen sleeve also ensures all of your items, nomatter how small, have a place.

with_clubs.jpg
top_detail.jpg

Silencer stand bag is now available at www.ogio.com for $234.99.

Interesting concept.

As someone that doesn't even like individual dividers, I can't see this product being for me.

i applaud the functionality, but seems like it might be a hassle getting the clubs in and out of the slots. Looking forward to your thoughts with this one.

I'm liking the looks of this bag. Especially with the top where it keeps the clubs more organized.

I wish they had a video on their site that showed clubs being put in and taken out. Would love to see how the slots interact with the grips as I would be concerned with the grips snagging and/or wearing down prematurely

Too pricey for a stand bag for me

Very interesting..but, agreed, I'd need to be assured the grips weren't fouled.

Worth a shot. Looks like it would stop club chatter. Wonder if it would hold up over the long term to justify the price?

As someone who's gaming a 7 year old stand bag and looking to upgrade in the next year or so, this has piqued my interest. I'm also pretty obsessive about each club going in its designated spot when I carry (mostly to reduce bag chatter). Add in some really nice looks, and, yeah...dat pricetag doe. I know from a cost perspective, $235 is a deal for a new driver that I may not bag nearly as long as the bag itself...but that's still a lot of scratch for a bag.

I really like the looks and the tech on this bag, but the price point send a bit high to me for a bag made for walking.

Be the ball!!

an interesting top design that's for sure. Kind of reminds me of the bag boy clip in system.

Want.

It couldn't replace my THP Cally Staff Stand Bag, but I'm still intrigued.

Of all the bags I've ever gamed, none compare to Ogio. I just got a brand new cart bag but would love a nice stand bag in case.

Really like what Ogio has done here, practical and good looking.

Interesting, I have a chamber bag looks like an updated better version of that. No complaints with it, other than the putter part not being friendly to something like a super stroke.

Love it. Just not so sure about that premium price. Ogio makes great stuff though and I love their "Woode" system which this emulates. I may not get this bag, but ogio is at the top of my list.

I would guess the MSRP of this bag would scare a lot of people off, but it will probably be $170 or less on EBay by late July.

I would guess the MSRP of this bag would scare a lot of people off, but it will probably be $170 or less on EBay by late July.

I hope you're right! I will buy one if that's the case. I really like my Ogio chamber cart bag but when I walk I can't take it and the clubs rattle around unless I have the towel wrapped around them just so. This could solve that issue.

i really love ogio and how they always come up with new bag technology i like the looks and the design and tech i wonder how much it weighs usually its a little heavier with these technology added in adds more lbs.

As others, I'm a little curious of the rigidity of the slots and how they might affect grip wear. Additionally, I just can't get past Ogio's graphics on their bags.

Absolutely loved my Grom when I used to carry and this looks even more improved!

I want to see this in person, ill be in the market for a bag soonish. This definitely looks like its worth a look.

Saw one of these in person today at PGA SS, at first glance I thought it was a new chamber until I looked closer. I like the top design a little more than the chamber type--ready to hear about daily usage and wear.

Interesting bag i would worry that it might scrape the leading edge of the grips

Interesting design, but not sure it would be something I would buy

I wish they had a video on their site that showed clubs being put in and taken out. Would love to see how the slots interact with the grips as I would be concerned with the grips snagging and/or wearing down prematurely

I am assuming the slots are flexible enough to allow the club to pass through, but on top of the concerns about grips, I would also be concerned with how long the flexible tabs actually last before snapping or not being strong enough to hold the clubs in place any longer?

Back