KPop

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey Freddie,

i want more distance! I know everyone says that. I hit the ball fairly well (short game is streaky), but my question today is all about putting my body in a power position.

About me: 56 year old. 5'7" 165 pounds or solid old age. 10 - 12 handicap. Hit 75 plus percent of fairways. Hit 38 percent GIR.

finally my question: on backswing, would I get more swing speed if my hands were higher as opposed to lower(flatter plane)?

it is difficult to ask, so I know it may be impossible to answer.

thanks in advance

Kent

Adding distance has nothing to do with high or low hands. If you want to add a few yards to your swing you need to engage the hips to start the swing and allow the shoulders to follow. A go key is to be sure your back is turned to the target at the top of your swing. Keep you back to the target as long as possible on the down swing. This will create lag and more speed through the ball.

Don't over swing on the back swing and swing into the inside of the right leg. This will add a few yards.

Adding distance has nothing to do with high or low hands. If you want to add a few yards to your swing you need to engage the hips to start the swing and allow the shoulders to follow. A go key is to be sure your back is turned to the target at the top of your swing. Keep you back to the target as long as possible on the down swing. This will create lag and more speed through the ball.

Don't over swing on the back swing and swing into the inside of the right leg. This will add a few yards.
i will do as you instruct

Right leg? Would a right handed golfer swing into their left leg

Right leg? Would a right handed golfer swing into their left leg

No, a right handed golfer swing into the inside of the right leg.

On the way down? I'm really confused here panda.

Why? I've preached swing into the inside of the right leg on the back swing since forever. I preach right leg flexed

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. I'm a self taught golfer. I think I have a decent swing, but I'm not sure. Thanks again. I'm looking forward to one day meeting you at a THP event.

Kent

Why? I've preached swing into the inside of the right leg on the back swing since forever. I preach right leg flexed

Now I get it. I was thinking coming down and through.

My teacher tells me the same thing, to try to keep the shaft close to the right leg on the downswing to stay on plane.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My teacher tells me the same thing, to try to keep the shaft close to the right leg on the downswing to stay on plane.

Keeping the shaft close to the right leg is a great tip for a good inside to out path. Have to be careful the club doesn't get stuck behind you.

Keeping the shaft close to the right leg is a great tip for a good inside to out path. Have to be careful the club doesn't get stuck behind you.

Yeah I'm fighting that now. Was hitting it great for a while focusing on keeping the shaft close to the right leg, but am now getting stuck and sometimes going too far inside on my backswing, so have to work on not over emphasizing that move.

So swinging into inside of right leg on the back swing I get. It is what i do. On downswing is when I get lazy. At times my thought is right knee to touch left knee.

Any through swing thoughts?

So swinging into inside of right leg on the back swing I get. It is what i do. On downswing is when I get lazy. At times my thought is right knee to touch left knee.

Any through swing thoughts?

Keep your back to the target on the down swing as the hips fire through. I believe I mentioned this in my first post.

Back