Regular flex drivers and golf ball compression.

Karl

Reaction score
Handicap
If I am getting a lot of driver flex for a regular driver would I be better off with a lttle harder or softer compression ball than my usual? What if I was using an stiff flex at the same swing speed? Maybe around 98mph for example.

How well do you hit your driver with the regular shaft? You may want to go try some stiff flex shafts as they may help you with control. I have a swing speed similar to yours and have a stiff flex in my driver and it has done wonders for me. You may be overloading the shaft depending on your swing type.

I have a fairly inconsistent driver swing that is still developing. I hit the ball around 210 to 270 yards with my familiar r flex G20. How has switching to s flex helped you in particular? I have been auditioning a few newer s and r flex drivers.

I've just changed from a regular shaft to a stiff after a fitting. How has it changed my shots? I'm hitting the ball a little further and a lot straighter. My bad shots aren't as bad. A fact noticed by 2 regular partners today. My swing speed by the way is 93mph. That all being said, I would go for a proper fitting before deciding to change the shaft.

Thanks. I noticed with an R flex i was getting more distance out of a Z star compared to a lower compression E6.

Back