Where does Bridgestone Invitational rank on PGA Tour Calendar?

rlew

Regulators, 2023 Budget Golf Championship #MountUp
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
So, of course, the four majors and the The Players make up the top-5 tournaments on Tour each year.

I'm from Northeast Ohio and have had some involvement with the Bridgestone Invitational at Firestone CC. Being a major tournament with all the big-name players every year, Tiger's dominance, FedEx Cup involvement, right before the PGA, I've long wondered what people from outside NEO thought about the tournament.

For us, it being right here, it's in a clear top-6 with all the previously mentioned events. But of course there are other big tournaments that would rank right there with it to people from outside the state.

So does anyone have some opinions on where it ranks with some other big events? Long wondered if it was anywhere near as big as viewed here.

Definitely a big event. Attracts marquee players and has some great history thanks to Mr Woods.

I'd say the Bridgestone/Doral/Match Play (if it indeed is going to happen) all rank T-6 behind the 4 majors and The Players.

It's a pretty big tourney as far as "name recognition" goes, and it's pretty cool that it is basically an hour and a half away over in Akron.

Agree with the consensus here. Big name event big name players. And I'm definitely going for a round or 2 this year

I agree here as well. Firestone CC is literally 5 mins away and the community here looks forward too it. The big name draw brings in the spectators as well. I will be volunteering this year and also plan on being a spectator.

Agree with the consensus here. Big name event big name players. And I'm definitely going for a round or 2 this year

Let me know if your going to. Winchell is trying to line up tent tickets with Konica Minolta. He has a friend who works for them. Could get us access to the grounds, club house and hospitality tent

Back