Good and informative golf resources?

Keeper4560

Reaction score
Handicap
Hello all,

As previously posted I'm looking to get back into the game slowly but surely after acquiring my grandpas old golf clubs.

I'm looking for some good informative golf websites that'll allow me to pick up on some basic information that I can use in my future golf endeavors!

Thanks a lot!

Alex R.

Hello all,

As previously posted I'm looking to get back into the game slowly but surely after acquiring my grandpas old golf clubs.

I'm looking for some good informative golf websites that'll allow me to pick up on some basic information that I can use in my future golf endeavors!

Thanks a lot!

Alex R.

You have come to the right place! Tons and tons of great information here as well as tons and tons of people that are willing to help out. What type of information are you looking for?

Thanks!

Some basic golf techniques, and specifically(I feel embarrassed asking) but the used and pros and cons for each particular club. I forget when I need to choose a 5 iron over a 9 iron and so on.. :)

Keeper, there are some good books out there worth checking out. Golf for Dummies is a pretty simple intro to the game and might be useful.

That being said, my advice is to ask a bunch of questions here. You have tons of resources right at your fingertips and we're always glad to help when we can.

AND please know no one will make you feel bad for asking questions. I would start by using the search tool for this site and ask away. Whatever you dont find answered, I am sure a quick thread will clear up and questions you might have.

**Hawk I dont usually pay attention but did you cap fall a couple of points? sorry to divert from the thread.

AND please know no one will make you feel bad for asking questions. I would start by using the search tool for this site and ask away. Whatever you dont find answered, I am sure a quick thread will clear up and questions you might have.

**Hawk I dont usually pay attention but did you cap fall a couple of points? sorry to divert from the thread.

I waited to update this year until I had more rounds in there to even out home course rounds. It's rising steadily though and who knows where it will stop.

Thanks!

Some basic golf techniques, and specifically(I feel embarrassed asking) but the used and pros and cons for each particular club. I forget when I need to choose a 5 iron over a 9 iron and so on.. :)

This is going to sound really stupid, but before I was really into golf, I played alot of Tiger Woods golf. Helped me understand when to use certain clubs. I know that sounds really weird, but a buddy of mine started playing and I had him do that and it helped him a ton. He never asks me what club to use anymore.

This is going to sound really stupid, but before I was really into golf, I played alot of Tiger Woods golf. Helped me understand when to use certain clubs. I know that sounds really weird, but a buddy of mine started playing and I had him do that and it helped him a ton. He never asks me what club to use anymore.

From a "know your game" standpoint, this makes sense to me. Once somebody has their yardages in some sort of pattern that is repeatable, then the rest is just pulling the club that gets the job done.

JM

Back