2013 Callaway X-Forged Irons Preview

The statement was a bit broad but take I to consideration these are traditional forged blades that have some Serious forgiveness. The Xhot Pros are expected to have that forgiveness. The xforged, not so much.

Others have commented that they don't see it. I do and I am very surprised that such a small compact head offers the forgiveness they do. Are they more forgiving than the Pro's, no. But by comparison to other blade type irons on the market, yes. Does that clear it up.
I agree with all of this. The Xforged are definitely more forgiving than the Mizuno line of players clubs and look just as good at address; the MP 59, 64, & 68-9 are all way less forgiving. IMO, this is the first blade-like club looks wise at address that has the most forgiveness, not even close. Interestingly, the I20 from Ping looks like a more forgiving iron than the Xforged, but that wasn't the case for me. I made the switch and couldn't be more happier, love these sticks!:rockon:

I'm very much looking forward to playing these long term. The look, forgiveness, feel and playability are all there. Will my misses be felt, I'm sure of it. I'll just have to limit those now, won't I?

I'm very much looking forward to playing these long term. The look, forgiveness, feel and playability are all there. Will my misses be felt, I'm sure of it. I'll just have to limit those now, won't I?

So you are leaning back in this direction over the XHP Freddie?

I like the way your leaning FK.

Good stuff Freddie. I think these will be perfect for you. There may not be a nicer looking bag than yours at the MC

i played in some crazy wind today and i was amazed at how well the forged 6 iron cut through the wind for me. lots of shots were really struggling to get anywhere with the wind knocking them down and although i def was clubbing up by hitting the 6 it held its line really well and had a good trajectory. still have no clue what set i'm gonna be using come july!

These are screaming form to throw some S-Tapers in them. It doesn't look like Callaway has an up-charge for them!

Well, this tread is about to get a bit more busy with what appears to be at least 3 Morgan Cup'ers going with the X Forged this year. Just put in my request today:

Head Chosen – X Forged
Setup - 4-pw
Grip – Lamkin Crossline ACE 3GEN (2[SUP]nd[/SUP] choice REL 3GEN – White); 1 wrap
Lie - Standard
Length - Standard
Shafts – KBS Tour Stiff

Thanks again THP and Callaway Golf for this opportunity! It never gets old saying that! Once I was selected to Team Callaway I knew these would be the irons I was drawn to. They were everything and more...way more! Just a really good transition for me from my MC's to now these.

It came down to the pxi and KBS Tour shafts in this club last night when I was getting fit for lie and length. Most of the numbers were dead on with both shafts so it came down to what I felt the best with. Went with the KBS Tours. I would have had no problem going with the pxi shafts if the KBS were not being offered. Great shafts.

Looking forward to sharing some thoughts and feelings with these clubs as we get closer to July! Very excited to say the least!

These are screaming form to throw some S-Tapers in them. It doesn't look like Callaway has an up-charge for them!

You are correct! :)

I absolutely love looking at these in the garage between rounds. I was doing a project this weekend and didnt get to play, thus the clubs are still in the trunk...I feel like I'm doing them a disservice.

I too decided to order the X Forged for the Morgan Cup. It was a tough decision for me because the X Hot Pros were a full club longer than the X Forged in my testing but once I got the set of X Forged in for my homepage review I just fell in love with them. My concerns going in where the long irons, I knew I could kill the 7,8,9,PW without a problem but the 4,5 and 6 irons were where I wondered if I could really game these babies or not. The final answer for me came this past weekend when I was playing in a ton of wind and some pretty cool conditions. I had a lot longer shots into the greens than normal and I used the 4 and 5 irons a lot. I was playing with a guy from Men's League who carries a 4 hdcp and after one shot with the 4 iron he commented how he wished he could hit a 4 iron like that.

The iron is seriously one of the best looking irons I've ever seen and the performance more than matches up with the looks. The turf interaction being as great as it is will serve me great on those bermuda grass fairways down in Myrtle Beach for the Morgan Cup. I cannot wait!

I too decided to order the X Forged for the Morgan Cup. It was a tough decision for me because the X Hot Pros were a full club longer than the X Forged in my testing but once I got the set of X Forged in for my homepage review I just fell in love with them. My concerns going in where the long irons, I knew I could kill the 7,8,9,PW without a problem but the 4,5 and 6 irons were where I wondered if I could really game these babies or not. The final answer for me came this past weekend when I was playing in a ton of wind and some pretty cool conditions. I had a lot longer shots into the greens than normal and I used the 4 and 5 irons a lot. I was playing with a guy from Men's League who carries a 4 hdcp and after one shot with the 4 iron he commented how he wished he could hit a 4 iron like that.

The iron is seriously one of the best looking irons I've ever seen and the performance more than matches up with the looks. The turf interaction being as great as it is will serve me great on those bermuda grass fairways down in Myrtle Beach for the Morgan Cup. I cannot wait!

Combo set ftw

There will be a trifecta of xforged love at this year Morgan Cup. My captain, Jake and Callaway team member,Nate,will also be rocking these along side myself. I went with:

4-PW with TrueTemper DG S400, Lamkin REL3GEN blue grips with three wraps. This will represent the first time since joining THP that I have gone back to the TrueTemper brand. I've been playing KBS in one style or they other for the past two years and have grown fond of them. But during my fitting at the Annika Academy, we found the productivity of the s400 to be the best out of all the shafts I swung.
My swing speed was slower but my distance, ball speed, launch angle and distance all increased.....noticeably. Go figure, a heavy shaft was clearing the zone better than the lighter KBS Ctaper and Tours. But the launch angle was what was so appealing to be. I'm not a high ball hitter and switched to the KBS to solve this problem. Then we insert the Xforged and S400 and my launch is a full degree higher with optimal spin and 9 yards more distance.

Ive had the chance to swing the xforged since my fitting I can honestly there is not thing to fear with this irons. I miss hit one badly on a par three and paid the price. The swing I put on the ball would have garnered the same results with any club. A bad swing is a bad swing. In this age of GI and SGI clubs it is great to have a 'players' iron cloaked in forgiveness and playability. The Xforged may be the softest, easiest forged clubs I have has the pleasure of swinging.

Can't believe I didn't hit these at demo day. What the crap?

Weren't an option or I would have in a heartbeat, the set there was Jake's

Ah, that makes sense now. They are a pretty club for sure, best looking set this year. I liked these quite a bit, but they were trumped by the XHPs for me as far as accuracy and forgiveness.

Ah, that makes sense now. They are a pretty club for sure, best looking set this year. I liked these quite a bit, but they were trumped by the XHPs for me as far as accuracy and forgiveness.

The XHP's were def just fun as heck to hit. So good, SO long.

Can't believe I didn't hit these at demo day. What the crap?

What the crap indeed! I wanted a lengthy Jman review! I'm pondering the heck out of these. Maybe sell the MP-H4's

I hit these at demo day and really liked them. The stock shaft probably isn't the best for my game but wasn't bad either.

Callaway blew me away at demo day. I had no intention of playing their driver but after demo day and 54 holes, it now sits in my bag. If I was looking at new irons, the x forged would be in the top 3 for sure.

I hit these at demo day and really liked them. The stock shaft probably isn't the best for my game but wasn't bad either.

Callaway blew me away at demo day. I had no intention of playing their driver but after demo day and 54 holes, it now sits in my bag. If I was looking at new irons, the x forged would be in the top 3 for sure.

Callaway's current offerings are very good throughout the bag. The X Forged irons are fantastic, but the X-Hot Pro hybrids may be their best new clubs. All very good.

Lagged close by my HTC One

Forged Heaven has arrived and I am so happy to be apart of Team Callaway and Team DOTCOM for this adventure. I'm pretty darn excited about these irons, as most of you that already have these in the bag know, and am ready to get these out to the course. Although, it might be hard getting them dirty for the first time......

018-1_zps3289318e.jpg

KBS Tour S shafts
027_zps24f64375.jpg

Lamkin REL 3Gen grips
013-1_zps271b35f1.jpg

032_zpsdf992595.jpg

031_zpsf529de1d.jpg

Back