Callaway X2 Hot Deep Fairway Woods

Beautiful. I always have trouble getting the ball elevated off the deck but the 18.5 degree gave me a beautiful trajectory with a very soft fade.

I'm in the same boat as you when it comes to getting it elevated off the deck, so sounds like I should give the 5 Deep a whirl. Just gotta find a place that has them to demo.

I'm in the same boat as you when it comes to getting it elevated off the deck, so sounds like I should give the 5 Deep a whirl. Just gotta find a place that has them to demo.

Driving range in Pennington will have one tomorrow around 11am.

I believe they hit stores at the end of next week

Driving range in Pennington will have one tomorrow around 11am.

I believe they hit stores at the end of next week

Haha wish I could make it to the range especially since all I've been doing is staring at my Apex Pros in the bag, but unfortunately have wedding planning crap I have to do with the fiance..

SWEET! Thank you for the pictures.

Will be adding one to the arsenal.

Look great! Will definitely be trying a 2deep this year!

A better picture to give everyone an idea of how deep the face is on the 5deep

e4yba5yr.jpg

A better picture to give everyone an idea of how deep the face is on the 5deep

e4yba5yr.jpg

Looks great! Definitely not as deep as I thought it was going to be. Looks like a possible early birthday present to myself.

These look so mean. Definitely need to get my hands on the 5Deep at least, specially after hearing about how awesome it's been for jlukes!

OK so just got home. Head is still spinning from what I this club showed me today.

Played sim golf with fireitup and the yardages we saw with out other clubs were spot on to what we normally see.

What I don't normally see is a ton of carry off the deck with a fairway wood. The 5deep has changed that. I carry this thing further than any fairway wood I've ever hit. Consistently between 250 and 255 carry off the deck, and. 255 and 260 off the tee. I used it off the tee on several shorter par 4s and ended up much further down the fairway than I initially planned. I cannot wait to hit it outside tomorrow
That's deep buddy. 5deep style

Also wanted to clarify that I'm playing my 5Deep with the same shaft I got in my driver (Diamana D+ whiteboard 72 stiff) , tipped 1.5 inches and playing to the standard 5deep length.

Hit this outside today. The ball flight with this thing off the deck is insane. Just in awe of how it gets up so dang fast.

I used the 2 deep off the Tee a bunch yesterday. I like the feel of this club more than I though I would. It gives me near driver distance with much more control. I'm figuring as the season gets into full swing I will rely on this primarily for tee shots. Unless I get into a crazy long par 5 I can't see the need for it of the deck, but the swings I have taken of the deck with doesn't rule it out. I also have the 5 Deep, but I didn't use it on the course yesterday. But once I get that sorted out it will be a great addition to the bag, and handy on those longer par 5s.

I had the 3 deep in the Xhot last year, and this years version follows inline quite well.

My 2Deep and 5Deep showed up on Friday, unfortunately due to some lower back issues I only hit a few balls with them on the range this weekend. The 5Deep is a potential game changer for me. 18.5 degree wood that is not hard to hit off the deck and sets up great when tee'd up. Very easy to be confident swinging this club. I only tee'd up 3 2Deeps and hit 2 bombs (for me!) and the other was off the toe but it would have kept me in the short grass with acceptable distance.

Looking forward to the back healing and giving these a good rip this week.

Any updates? Especially looking for more on the 2Deeps. Thanks.

I will have the 5Deep on the course for the first time today. Will provide updates after the round

Any updates? Especially looking for more on the 2Deeps. Thanks.

Just got my 2 Deep in today but won't be able to provide much feedback on it alone for a while yet. All I can say is once I had it in hand, you can't help but want to smash a golf ball with it.

Just got my 2 Deep in today but won't be able to provide much feedback on it alone for a while yet. All I can say is once I had it in hand, you can't help but want to smash a golf ball with it.

How much snow do you have on the ground downstate?

How much snow do you have on the ground downstate?

Not really the thread for that, but I could take a healthy divot in a couple inches of it now with another 6" coming tomorrow. The simulator is my therapist.

Not really the thread for that, but I could take a healthy divot in a couple inches of it now with another 6" coming tomorrow. The simulator is my therapist.

Sorry didn't mean to derail - just have to go down on Friday for work and wondered what to expect

just cant seem to get the hang of a driver but my x2 hot 3 wood is awesome on the tee box or off the deck. looking for a little more distance off the tee so would i be better off with a 3 deep or a 2 deep? I am a regular shaft and the 2 deep only comes in stiff or x stiff.

just cant seem to get the hang of a driver but my x2 hot 3 wood is awesome on the tee box or off the deck. looking for a little more distance off the tee so would i be better off with a 3 deep or a 2 deep? I am a regular shaft and the 2 deep only comes in stiff or x stiff.

2Deep will launch a little lower than 3 deep so depending on what your launch angle is off the tee with the 3deep, you might be better off sticking with the 3Deep

The 5 deep has caught my attention some. I'm still not 100% sure I'm going to keep my RFX 3 woods in the bag, but I need something to replace the distance it gives me, but with more consistency. Do you guys think a normal 3 X2 Hot 3 wood would be ideal or maybe a 5 deep? I'm jut not sure, and I have yet to hit either one anyway....so...hummm.

The 5 deep has caught my attention some. I'm still not 100% sure I'm going to keep my RFX 3 woods in the bag, but I need something to replace the distance it gives me, but with more consistency. Do you guys think a normal 3 X2 Hot 3 wood would be ideal or maybe a 5 deep? I'm jut not sure, and I have yet to hit either one anyway....so...hummm.

If you hit the ball high on the face like I do, 5 deep is a great option IMO. I preferred the BB 3wood over X2Hot, but I'm sure it would be about the same as your RFE 3wood.

Back