Are You A Course Snob?

Generally like to play more than pay more. As long as its not just a "farm field", its fine by me.

Nope, I really just enjoy getting out with friends and having a good time golfing.

Hard to play anywhere but my home course since I play for free, however, that frees my money up to play nice courses.

Are You A Course Snob?

I'll play just about anywhere. From the public par 3's to the private clubs (when I get the opportunity). It's about enjoying the game.....although that's not to say I don't grumble about the condition of the course during the round, if it's bad.

Not a chance of me being a snob. I'm sometimes hard pressed to actually find the course, let alone figure out who designed it.

I would say I probably am and playing better courses makes it worse. After playing RTJ Muscle Shoals a few weeks ago I am getting my trail card. I can play 9 at RTJ Huntsville for the same as twilight at my local muni. So 9 holes on a better course vs 15-18 at a local muni after work. I will take the 9 on a better course.

I probably am though I play a lot of different courses. I am only vaguely into the designers but I do love some of the old school Donald Ross courses (Sakonnet Golf Club comes to mind). To me really good greens (and green complexes) are important and around RI good greens usually means really nice courses like Newport National.

The history of golf course design intrigues me and knowing who designed a course can really give you insights when playing it for the first time. I love playing courses where there are classic hole designs in the layout like the Redan or Biarritz and being familiar with designers helps you find their unique design tendencies. Trying to get a taste of Augusta (because I never going to be invited!) by playing another Alister MacKenzie course is as close as I am going to get.

I can't afford to be a snob. Mostly I play Cow Pastures...although, every once and a while, I will save up and play a Goat Track.

Back