Charleston restaurants

Ag2979

Reaction score
Handicap
Ok you guys were fantastic helping me pick a course to play while in Charleston.

Now I am reaching out to the THP oracle for the CANT MISS food places. Breakfast, lunch or dinner!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Charleston restaurants

What kind of food you looking for? Seafood I'm assuming...

Tappin from the iPhone

My three favorite seafood places for dinner are Hanks, Amen Street Raw Bar & Fish Market, Coast. All three are very good and are in the historic district.

Those all look really good! I can't wait for some good biscuits and gravy and fried chicken as well.

I too like Hank's a lot, also if you go to the touristy Hyman's I would recommend the shrimp & grits, that seems to be what they do best. Jestine's Kitchen is a good home cooking restaurant that we enjoyed.

Poogan's Porch is another good one. Lots of "southern" dishes there. I find the seafood better at the other three I mentioned but Poogan's is good for other things.

Tommy Condons is a great Irish pub. Always enjoy going there

I too like Hank's a lot, also if you go to the touristy Hyman's I would recommend the shrimp & grits, that seems to be what they do best. Jestine's Kitchen is a good home cooking restaurant that we enjoyed.

I agree on the shrimp and grits...

Tappin from the iPhone

Yup good choice there Fridays is all you can eat fish and chips lol.

Halls Chophouse is a little pricey but darn good it's on King st

Mercato is a great place to listen to live Jazz with some decent Italian it's on Market Street

The Rutledge Cab Co. on Rutledge st has some incredible burgers and may be the best in Charleston lol

SNOB
Poogans Porch
For fast food....Hubie D's.

I lived in Charleston for 7 years (2001-2008) and get back there at least once a year. For breakfast/brunch, Hominy Grill is a must for my wife and I whenever we're there. Lunch: Look up Butcher & Bee.

I could go on and on about dinner, but here's a sampling: FIG, The Ordinary, Husk, McCrady's, Cypress, Anson, The Macintosh, Two Boroughs Larder. All of those will be downtown. If you want to get out of downtown and have a fun experience, check out Bowen's Island Restaurant, which is right on the water near Folly Beach and serves local oysters along with fresh seafood. It looks like a dive when you get there, but it's awesome.

Trout Bum mentioned Mercato, that place closed and has reopened as Brasserie Gigi.

Have to disagree with DawgDaddy about Hyman's, it's a tourist trap that I would stay far away from. Hank's is less than a 5 minute walk from there and is much better.

I have had some good meals here, especially when ordering off the menu and having a chef's special for that day.

FIG is pretty incredible in my opinion. I'm also a fan of High Cotton.

Sitting at poogans porch for dinner. The biscuits are just ridiculously good.

Back