Extra Rounds and Travel Talk - Wilson Staff #PersonalDistance event in Chicago

Hawk

Master Painter
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Going to start this up so people can chat about travel plans and extra rounds. I'm not offering to organize things necessarily, but we can see where it goes. Not a huge number of people in this one anyway, so it doesn't have to be too formal.

I can keep a tally in this first post of whatever the plans end up being.

• Staff
My plans at the moment are to arrive in the Chicago area around 10am on Friday and I'll be playing right around then.

Courses I'd like to play:

Stonewall Orchard (North)
Mistwood (south)
Ravisloe (south)

I'll be arriving probably around 3-4 in the afternoon Friday, so probably no round for me. I'd be interested in playing Sunday morning, preferably pretty early am (7:30-8:00)

My plans at the moment are to arrive in the Chicago area around 10am on Friday and I'll be playing right around then.

Courses I'd like to play:

Stonewall Orchard (North)
Mistwood (south)
Ravisloe (south)

This sounds good to me, sign me up for that

• Staff
I'll be arriving probably around 3-4 in the afternoon Friday, so probably no round for me. I'd be interested in playing Sunday morning, preferably pretty early am (7:30-8:00)

I do know we've got the replay rate available Sunday, but I'll have to let 441 share the specifics there. I'm not really sure what's going on with that. I'm tenative for Sunday, but I do think I'd like to get out there if I can. Season will be winding down at that point.

• Staff
This sounds good to me, sign me up for that

You'll be coming across 80, right? If so, we can play South and then head up to the Elgin area after that.

Yes sir I believe that's correct

• Staff
Yes sir I believe that's correct

Mistwood could be the ticket then for Friday. It's supposed to be really good and is sort of in between 80 and the north burbs.

I had a chance to play Ravisloe when I was out that way for the Ryder Cup and really liked the course. Lots of interesting, unique Donald Ross features on some of the holes. The clubhouse is also well known for its design.

Hopefully things haven't changed much in the last couple years and you guys have a blast.

I did a review of the course, so here it is if anyone wants to take a look before playing it.

http://bestphillygolf.blogspot.com/2012/10/ravisloe-cc.html

Mike, are you leaving at like 4:00am to get there by 10? It's about 6 hours for you isn't it?

I had a chance to play Ravisloe when I was out that way for the Ryder Cup and really liked the course. Lots of interesting, unique Donald Ross features on some of the holes. The clubhouse is also well known for its design.

Hopefully things haven't changed much in the last couple years and you guys have a blast.

I did a review of the course, so here it is if anyone wants to take a look before playing it.

http://bestphillygolf.blogspot.com/2012/10/ravisloe-cc.html

Have always wanted to play there. Just never enough time!

Mike, are you leaving at like 4:00am to get there by 10? It's about 6 hours for you isn't it?

Little less, plus I get an hour with the time change

Little less, plus I get an hour with the time change

son of a, I forgot about that. I used to love the hour change going there. That could change a few things for me, we shall see.

I'm in for whatever everyone decides that weekend. I will be coming on Friday as well.

I'm in for whatever everyone decides that weekend. I will be coming on Friday as well.

Think you can be in town around 10'ish?

Think you can be in town around 10'ish?

Yea I can definitely do that. My plan was to split up the the trip, visit some friends about 2 hrs away Thursday night. I will have an easy drive in Friday morning.

Yea I can definitely do that. My plan was to split up the the trip, visit some friends about 2 hrs away Thursday night. I will have an easy drive in Friday morning.

Excellent. As it gets closer we'll nail down a for sure time.

I'll be coming from from the North, should take me about 3 hours, and would be up for a round anytime on Friday AM. Girardcorp will also be coming from this direction, not sure when though.

I'll be coming from from the North, should take me about 3 hours, and would be up for a round anytime on Friday AM. Girardcorp will also be coming from this direction, not sure when though.

Excellent.

It's a shame most of you are coming from the other direction, would love to play ThunderHawk, but its close to the WI/IL border. This is a long ways away, here's to hoping we don't run into a bunch of recently aerated greens!

That'll be the question for sure. Last year I think many courses were scared into aerating early, like in September, because the year prior we got an early freeze. Hopefully it's similar this year.

I forgot about the time change. I'm looking at a 5hr 45min drive so depending on when I leave, Friday is a possibility. I'm in for sure for a Sunday morning round

I forgot about the time change. I'm looking at a 5hr 45min drive so depending on when I leave, Friday is a possibility. I'm in for sure for a Sunday morning round

we will chat in a few weeks and lock it down

Portillos located 4 miles sw of Mistwood. Bonus.

Back