2014 NBA Draft Thread

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Lots of conversation in the NBA thread about this one, but sitting in a hotel tonight and planning on watching some so figured what better way than with THPers. It could be a very interesting draft with players rising and falling as well as trade talk everywhere and huge free agents looming.

Tonight might be bonkers...

Seeing alot of rumors saying that the Magic and 76ers are trying HARD to get to #1. They said the 76ers are in a full court press for Wiggins.

Tonight might be bonkers...

Seeing alot of rumors saying that the Magic and 76ers are trying HARD to get to #1. They said the 76ers are in a full court press for Wiggins.

I can see that. Both teams are in MAJOR need of help. My Orlando Magic can use all the help they can get. Ugh.

my team does not even have a pick yet hopefully the Warriors will buy in to the late first round

Sixers offered Thaddeus Young and #3 for #1, but have since "increased" the offer, not sure what the add in is

• Admin
Sixers offered Thaddeus Young and #3 for #1, but have since "increased" the offer, not sure what the add in is

Just heard this on the radio. Apparently Cleveland wants another #1 and I cant blame them.

• Admin
The biggest question in my opinion is does Kevin Love get moved tonight.
Celtics offered Olynyk as well as #6, #17 and a future 1st rounder and Wolves have not budged.
The Warriors deal for Love is supposedly dead.

He has openly said he will opt out next year, so tonight could be the night. I truly expected him to be in a C jersey next year.

Just heard this on the radio. Apparently Cleveland wants another #1 and I cant blame them.

yeah, Id say give us someone on the roster but there isnt too much there to take

If you are the Sixers, do you give up #3, #10 and Thad Young for #1?

They want Wiggins BAD... and I think that is the deal that gets them to #1.

He's not a known name and may not get drafted. But I'll be interested to see if Jerelle Benimon of Towson is drafted.

Led the nation in double/doubles the past two years. Finished 2nd in the nation in rebounding this year.

Had a scout at everyone of Towson's games this year. A few of them described him as a Royce White type Point Forward.

At 6'8" 255 he brought hrs ball up court over half hrs time for Towson this year. Finished with 18 points and 11.5 boards per game.

If not drafted he'll certainly get signed as an UFA. Worked out for about 10 teams and was voted most outstanding player at a tournament for all draft eligible players.

You have to think that with Carmelo Anthony and Lebron James both testing the free agent market, some teams are going to be freeing up as much space as possible to try to grab one of them. Should be interesting to follow along.

I think there will be a lot of movement tonight. I just have no idea who or to where. Ha

I'm not much of an NBA guy, but I'm going to be paying attention to where Iowa Hawkeye Roy Devyn Marble gets drafted. Apparently he's expected to go in the 50s for a pick in the second round. He has a nice shooting stroke. But personally, he's too small to play forward, and his ball handling skills are suspect to be playing guard. Wherever he's drafted, I predict he goes down to the minors, and maybe works his way to actual NBA play after a few years.

~Rock

If the Cavaliers take Embiid at #1, someone is gonna get hurt

I heard the Hawks were getting Lebron, so I'm not that interested in the draft.

ACTUAL RUMOR

He's not a known name and may not get drafted. But I'll be interested to see if Jerelle Benimon of Towson is drafted.

Led the nation in double/doubles the past two years. Finished 2nd in the nation in rebounding this year.

Had a scout at everyone of Towson's games this year. A few of them described him as a Royce White type Point Forward.

At 6'8" 255 he brought hrs ball up court over half hrs time for Towson this year. Finished with 18 points and 11.5 boards per game.

If not drafted he'll certainly get signed as an UFA. Worked out for about 10 teams and was voted most outstanding player at a tournament for all draft eligible players.

6'8" 255? Get some shoulder pass on that kid and teach him to play TE.

If the Cavaliers take Embiid at #1, someone is gonna get hurt
Maybe. But what if he walks on stage doing the Johnny Football money hand signal?

I think the draft will proceed as planned, at least the top 10.

6'8" 255? Get some shoulder pass on that kid and teach him to play TE.

Seriously!! It would have been kind of cool to see the Ravens take him in like the 7th round, but probably a wasted pick, maybe back in the day when they had 13 or 14 rounds.

But his nickname is Benimonster, I stood next to him after almost every game in the press conferences and he would crush me...and I'm 6'5" 270.

Here's a picture to give you an idea, granted Coach was a 5'7" point guard in his day...ha

Towson-Basketball-02-e1363019469860.jpg

Apparently Cleveland has made a selection alraedy and keeping it to themselves. Looks like they are keeping the pick.

Im hoping Embiid ends up with Boston.

Looking at mock drafts. ..they never have enough european players...they love those guys

Looking at mock drafts. ..they never have enough european players...they love those guys

My gut says Cleveland goes with Wiggins as he is a better defender than Parker right now.

Back