Page 2 of 412 FirstFirst 123456781252102 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 6166

Thread: The Car Shopping Thread

  1. #16
    Repping #TeamNE! russtopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The armpit of MA
    Posts
    12,102
    Member
    14253
    Handicap
    Going down
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    10,692
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    7,033
    Thanked in
    4,244 Posts
    I'll be keeping a close eye on this thread.

    My wife and I both need new cars, and we're planning on purchasing summer/fall 2015 once I'm done with my MBA since that's where all the spare money's been going the past few years. We're both driving cars from pre-2004 (I've got a Saturn and she has a Corolla) and are crossing our fingers nothing happens to either car over the next 12 months.

    Boy, I hope I didn't just jinx myself by saying that.

    She's probably going to try and stay with Toyota, possibly a Prius as that's what both of her parents have and she enjoys driving them. Her commute is almost all highway. I'd prefer to go back to a small SUV or crossover, I had an Explorer for a number of years and I really miss the ability to load/move things. I'm thinking something like the Ford Escape. But we'll see what our budgets are come next year.
    In the bag:
    F6 11.5* White Tie
    Great Big Bertha 3W and V-series Heavenwood
    X2Hot 4 hybrid (currently in "time out" for being a hook machine)
    D200 5i-GW
    X Series JAWS 54*, PM Grind 58*
    Huntington Beach #10
    Q-Star Tour

    Currently testing the Smart Sole S 3.0 thanks to
    Proudly represented #TeamNE in #THPRegionalRivalry thanks to & !

  2. #17
    2-Time HOFer

    adwillingham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Cleveland, TN
    Posts
    15,000
    Member
    259
    Handicap
    18
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    9,881
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    7,917
    Thanked in
    3,575 Posts
    After driving one in Las Vegas last year, I'm really thinking about getting a Dodge Charger as my next vehicle (maybe next year when I can find a '15 slightly used). So sick of my 07 Sonata after driving it for 8 years now. Really trying to wait until we are able to pay off our van first so that we only have one payment (or have a small enough amount to roll/combine it into the new loan).
    Rogue Driver - 10.5 deg, Synergy Stiff
    Epic Flash Fairway - 3W
    Rogue Hybrids - 4H and 5H, Synergy Stiff
    Apex Irons - 6i - AW, Tour V Regular
    MackDaddy 3 Black - 54/58 deg
    EXO #7 Slant Neck, 35

  3. #18
    Major Champion Wake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Brandon, Fl
    Posts
    37,392
    Member
    6423
    Handicap
    13
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    11,829
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    12,916
    Thanked in
    8,176 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spring182 View Post
    Last year I bought a 2013 Ram pickup for 22k after rebates. After a job change and driving much more miles a day, I traded it in in June for a 2014 Chevy Cruze Turbo Diesel. Cool thing is I got more for my trade in then I even paid for the truck lol. Payment went down and I'm getting 43mpg compared to 18mpg :).


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I really hope those diesel cruzes sell well, I want more diesel options in our market.
    Ozone XX Stand bag
    XR 10.5
    XHot Pro 15*
    MT 3i
    Apex 4-SW
    J40 60*
    Tank #7



  4. #19
    Major Champion Spring182's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Oklahoma City
    Posts
    2,157
    Member
    20649
    Handicap
    13.4
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,303
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    604
    Thanked in
    376 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    I really hope those diesel cruzes sell well, I want more diesel options in our market.
    I am totally amazed at myself that I haven't put gasoline in it yet lol.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  5. #20
    #2019GrandaddyAssCap mikeg_74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Katy, Texas
    Posts
    30,333
    Member
    15992
    Handicap
    My Swing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    16,746
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    26,909
    Thanked in
    11,469 Posts
    Subscribing to this one. In the market for a truck at the end of this year and right now it's between the new Tundra or wait to see the new 2015 F150.
    In My #TheGrandaddy 2.0 Team Redemption Bag

    Epic Flash 10.5 | Custom THCE Project X 6.0
    Epic Flash 3+ 15.5 | Project X Even Flow Green 6.0
    Epic Flash 5W 17 | Project X Even Flow Green 6.0
    Epic Flash Heavenwood 20 | Project X Even Flow Green 6.0
    CF-19 Apex Smoke Combo 5-AW | TT Elevate Tour Black S
    PM Grind 19 Tour Grey 54/14 | 58/12 | TT Elevate Tour Black S
    Stroke Lab Marxman
    ERC Triple Track | Chrome Soft **

  6. #21
    Major Champion Spring182's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Oklahoma City
    Posts
    2,157
    Member
    20649
    Handicap
    13.4
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,303
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    604
    Thanked in
    376 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeg_74 View Post
    Subscribing to this one. In the market for a truck at the end of this year and right now it's between the new Tundra or wait to see the new 2015 F150.
    The new F150 looks sooooooo good!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  7. #22
    Major Champion Wake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Brandon, Fl
    Posts
    37,392
    Member
    6423
    Handicap
    13
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    11,829
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    12,916
    Thanked in
    8,176 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeg_74 View Post
    Subscribing to this one. In the market for a truck at the end of this year and right now it's between the new Tundra or wait to see the new 2015 F150.
    The Tundras reliability is nice, but it is just so far behind all if it's much newer competition these days.
    Ozone XX Stand bag
    XR 10.5
    XHot Pro 15*
    MT 3i
    Apex 4-SW
    J40 60*
    Tank #7



  8. #23
    #2019GrandaddyAssCap mikeg_74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Katy, Texas
    Posts
    30,333
    Member
    15992
    Handicap
    My Swing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    16,746
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    26,909
    Thanked in
    11,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    The Tundras reliability is nice, but it is just so far behind all if it's much newer competition these days.
    That's the main reason I want it. I can run it 200k plus miles with confidence & that's pretty nice, but agree some of the others have better convenience options.
    In My #TheGrandaddy 2.0 Team Redemption Bag

    Epic Flash 10.5 | Custom THCE Project X 6.0
    Epic Flash 3+ 15.5 | Project X Even Flow Green 6.0
    Epic Flash 5W 17 | Project X Even Flow Green 6.0
    Epic Flash Heavenwood 20 | Project X Even Flow Green 6.0
    CF-19 Apex Smoke Combo 5-AW | TT Elevate Tour Black S
    PM Grind 19 Tour Grey 54/14 | 58/12 | TT Elevate Tour Black S
    Stroke Lab Marxman
    ERC Triple Track | Chrome Soft **

  9. #24
    Major Champion Spivey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    8,767
    Member
    22783
    Handicap
    7.6 GHIN
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    5,975
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    6,251
    Thanked in
    3,292 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by arydolphin View Post
    I'm driving a 2001 Honda Accord right now and getting the itch for a new car. Thinking that I'm going to have to go all-wheel-drive with my next vehicle because I now live in a place where we have to drive up a significant hill to get there, and because I have a job where I still have to be there even when the snow is really bad. The new Subaru Legacy is intriguing to me, but if that one doesn't work, I might have to move up to the AWD luxury category (BMW 3 Series, Audi A4, Infiniti Q50, etc). Before anyone says it: wife doesn't want an SUV or crossover type vehicle.
    re: Audi - I love the cars, but they are AWFUL to own, even if you buy new. Electrical system is full of gremlins. I owned an Audi years ago, loved driving it, hated owning it. Three people I am friends with currently all have Audi's (A4, A7, A8) and two of them hate their cars - gonna get rid of them as soon as they can. The A7 guy got his because his convertible Audi (not sure what model) stopped closing completely. His car is about a year old, and he hasn't had any problems YET.
    Spoiler
    GBB 9* ( LZ 6.0)
    Bertha Mini 1.5 12*
    I25 3h (19*), I25 4-PW, KBS 120 Stiff shafts.
    Tour Gorge 50*
    56*
    62*
    Rx2

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Spivey For This Useful Post:

    Penglynns (08-21-2014)

  11. #25
    Follow @THPGolf JB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Where the THP Tour Van Takes Us!
    Posts
    178,639
    Member
    3
    Handicap
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    19,322
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    341,391
    Thanked in
    65,138 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spivey View Post
    re: Audi - I love the cars, but they are AWFUL to own, even if you buy new. Electrical system is full of gremlins. I owned an Audi years ago, loved driving it, hated owning it. Three people I am friends with currently all have Audi's (A4, A7, A8) and two of them hate their cars - gonna get rid of them as soon as they can. The A7 guy got his because his convertible Audi (not sure what model) stopped closing completely. His car is about a year old, and he hasn't had any problems YET.
    I was under the impression that the last year or so that stuff had been worked out. I'd be interested to hear Jrod's input on that.
    In my 2018 #TheGrandaddy THP Event Bag

    Driver:
    Epic Flash w/ Helium Shaft 45"
    Driver 2: XXIO Prime w/
    Custom THP HZRDUS Shaft 43.5"
    Fairway Wood:
    JGR
    Hybrids:
    Launcher HB
    Irons: Apex 19 w/ Recoil Proto 95
    Wedges:
    CBX 50* and RTX-4 56* & 60* PM Grind 19
    Putter:
    #7S
    Balls:
    Chrome Soft X

  12. #26
    #journey2017 emart2173's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    North of my desired location
    Posts
    32,096
    Member
    23838
    Handicap
    10
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    28,777
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    16,518
    Thanked in
    10,611 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    My dad picked up a new Wrangler Unlimited a few months ago, he's like a kid again. He is constantly trying to decide what his next mod is.
    What has he done? As soon as get some funds going my way I plan to do tires but i need to do gears first to fit the 34". But first I'm going to lift 2.5". Maybe some bumpers then call it a day.
    "It is what it is"

    "If you fail to plan, you plan to fail"


  13. #27
    Major Champion Wake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Brandon, Fl
    Posts
    37,392
    Member
    6423
    Handicap
    13
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    11,829
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    12,916
    Thanked in
    8,176 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    I was under the impression that the last year or so that stuff had been worked out. I'd be interested to hear Jrod's input on that.
    It seems to go in cycles with Audi, they get the gremlins sorted out for a few years, then they are back with some new electronics a couple years later.
    Ozone XX Stand bag
    XR 10.5
    XHot Pro 15*
    MT 3i
    Apex 4-SW
    J40 60*
    Tank #7



  14. #28
    #journey2017 emart2173's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    North of my desired location
    Posts
    32,096
    Member
    23838
    Handicap
    10
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    28,777
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    16,518
    Thanked in
    10,611 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by arydolphin View Post
    I'm driving a 2001 Honda Accord right now and getting the itch for a new car. Thinking that I'm going to have to go all-wheel-drive with my next vehicle because I now live in a place where we have to drive up a significant hill to get there, and because I have a job where I still have to be there even when the snow is really bad. The new Subaru Legacy is intriguing to me, but if that one doesn't work, I might have to move up to the AWD luxury category (BMW 3 Series, Audi A4, Infiniti Q50, etc). Before anyone says it: wife doesn't want an SUV or crossover type vehicle.
    What about the WRX? Sporty and still all wheel drive.
    "It is what it is"

    "If you fail to plan, you plan to fail"


  15. #29
    #journey2017 emart2173's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    North of my desired location
    Posts
    32,096
    Member
    23838
    Handicap
    10
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    28,777
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    16,518
    Thanked in
    10,611 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adwillingham View Post
    After driving one in Las Vegas last year, I'm really thinking about getting a Dodge Charger as my next vehicle (maybe next year when I can find a '15 slightly used). So sick of my 07 Sonata after driving it for 8 years now. Really trying to wait until we are able to pay off our van first so that we only have one payment (or have a small enough amount to roll/combine it into the new loan).
    Loge the Charger, if I went back to a car that would probably be my choice unless I can find money for a new vette
    "It is what it is"

    "If you fail to plan, you plan to fail"


  16. #30
    Major Champion T2GRN18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    25,166
    Member
    12415
    Handicap
    2.1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    7,706
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    21,371
    Thanked in
    9,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    I was under the impression that the last year or so that stuff had been worked out. I'd be interested to hear Jrod's input on that.
    As would I, Lee is thinking about trading in her A4 for a Q5. A4 is a fun car, but a bit small for my liking.
    917 D3 9.5 Speeder 64
    917F3 15* Oban Devotion
    718 T-MB Project X Rifle 6.0
    718 AP3 Nippon Modus3 125S
    718 AP2 Nippon Modus3 125S
    SM6 46F/50F/54M/58
    Futura 6M
    PROV1 X
    Tour X


    If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over? John Wooden

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •