Srixon Z 355 Irons Review

That's so bad it's almost comical. Not being able to meet the current demand has to be the worst thing a struggling company can subject itself to.

the srixon line isn't struggling. They had a good year last year in terms of sales goals.

Sorry to hear this. I guess it's somewhat of a good thing company wise if they are out selling their inventory though.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its a tough spot. They set smaller sales goals and hope to hit those numbers. I'm guessing they have exceeded the number for these irons by quite a bit. While it's good for them in one instance, it's bad on the other side of things.

the srixon line isn't struggling. They had a good year last year in terms of sales goals.

Its a tough spot. They set smaller sales goals and hope to hit those numbers. I'm guessing they have exceeded the number for these irons by quite a bit. While it's good for them in one instance, it's bad on the other side of things.

Exactly. You said it better than me

Good to know; I was just lumping Cleveland/Srixon together. Not sure if that's fair or unfair to consider them one company at this point.

Anybody compared these to ap1s

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Finally hit these, man really liked them paired with the graphite shaft, super easy to hit and launched nice and high. If it wasnt for hitting the 565s right after these Id be even more giddy about them

Finally hit these, man really liked them paired with the graphite shaft, super easy to hit and launched nice and high. If it wasnt for hitting the 565s right after these Id be even more giddy about them

I'm a little torn by this myself. Spend the extra money on the 565 or get the 355?

I pulled the trigger on a used set of stiff steel shaft Z355 from Global Golf thanks to their current 20% off sale and their standing 15% discount for used LH clubs. I basically bought them for the price of a bag of pucks. I'm hoping they arrive by the weekend so I can try and get out with them on Sunday. I thought these had such a smooth feel to them and were so easy to hit from the times I've gotten to hit them at the Shootout and the various demo swings I've taken at local shops with them. I've been eyeing them and it was hard to pass them up at the deal they were offering.

I won't speak for ddec regarding the Apex, but when I hit them, they were longer than the 545s on solid contact, and those have been some of the longer clubs I've ever had in the bag.

So, I re-read this thread today and caught this post, which is quite on point for what I'm about to divulge.
I just got fit at Club Champion. We went through several heads. I game the 545s, so we tried the 565, M2, AP2, JPX900, XR OS *YUK*, and on the fitter's whim, the z355. Matched to the already chosen Nippon 950 in Regular, the 355 was just a freaking laser beam of a launcher.

I thought I had my irons pretty well in hand, as I hit them pretty damn well, I know my yardages for each club and swing to plus/minus 2-3 yards, and they feel good. I hit the 355 and I almost fell over when I saw the comparison to my current gamer 6 iron. My best measured swing w/ the gamer was 154.8yds. Best swing w/ 355 and lighter flex shaft was 183.2yds. The average of 8 swings on the 355 was 171.0. So my average 355 was still 16.2 yards further. Oh, and the average L/R distance was only 7.7ft.

This was before realizing I needed to go about 1.5° flat to really bring it in.

Just thought I'd add to the 355 vs 545 (and everything else) point.

So, I re-read this thread today and caught this post, which is quite on point for what I'm about to divulge.
I just got fit at Club Champion. We went through several heads. I game the 545s, so we tried the 565, M2, AP2, JPX900, XR OS *YUK*, and on the fitter's whim, the z355. Matched to the already chosen Nippon 950 in Regular, the 355 was just a freaking laser beam of a launcher.

I thought I had my irons pretty well in hand, as I hit them pretty damn well, I know my yardages for each club and swing to plus/minus 2-3 yards, and they feel good. I hit the 355 and I almost fell over when I saw the comparison to my current gamer 6 iron. My best measured swing w/ the gamer was 154.8yds. Best swing w/ 355 and lighter flex shaft was 183.2yds. The average of 8 swings on the 355 was 171.0. So my average 355 was still 16.2 yards further. Oh, and the average L/R distance was only 7.7ft.

This was before realizing I needed to go about 1.5° flat to really bring it in.

Just thought I'd add to the 355 vs 545 (and everything else) point.

Toad I'm just seeing this and I think it's awesome that you got to hit these in comparison to what you had gamed and other options.

Someone commented on the review article yesterday and mentioned that they purchased after reading review and trying. I think they got a bit over shadowed but certainly and easy iron to recommend to people. Like you saw, high launch and strong distance. Not to mention the sole design and forgives packed in to them.

Toad I'm just seeing this and I think it's awesome that you got to hit these in comparison to what you had gamed and other options.

Someone commented on the review article yesterday and mentioned that they purchased after reading review and trying. I think they got a bit over shadowed but certainly and easy iron to recommend to people. Like you saw, high launch and strong distance. Not to mention the sole design and forgives packed in to them.

Still trying to really get used to them, as every time I've played since receiving them, the wind and barometer have been all over the place. I can tell you I'm hitting stuff dead at the pin now, thanks to being bent flat as prescribed. I've not had any turf issues, and balls are stopping inside a foot, and I have not even been using premium balls! I hit a 5 iron (SuperSoft) last week that stopped like 4 inches from the pitch mark. Whhhaaaatt?! I couldn't believe it. Same yardages (at least) and much higher ball flight, mostly by going down to Reg flex, I'd guess.

I took notice that the 355s are still on the main Srixon product page while the x45 line has been upgraded to x65. I would kind of like to see more stuff out in the general golf public about the 355. Sweet *$$ irons.

I own these irons and this is a major upgrade for me. I was using a 15 year old hand-me down clubs which was too short for me - the clubs were a -1 length. when 2 golf instructors say "your clubs are too short", I got a fitting by another company that specialize in fittings and was matched with these clubs.

and yes, my game has improved greatly the next week playing a round.

Has anybody got the lie adjusted on a used set of these? I can't find if they're forged or cast.

Has anybody got the lie adjusted on a used set of these? I can't find if they're forged or cast.

They are cast, but lie can easily be adjusted.
I have seen as much as 3 degrees, but 3 degrees would be no issue at all.

they are cast, but you should be able to have them bent if need be. Really good set of irons too.

Picked up a set of these last night so I can try out and review the Nippon shafts that I won in the contest. These should be fun to mess around with for a bit and then pass along to my son hopefully.

Picked up a set of these last night so I can try out and review the Nippon shafts that I won in the contest. These should be fun to mess around with for a bit and then pass along to my son hopefully.

sweet! Good set of irons. Looking forward to your thoughts on them to go along with the new shafts.

Email from Srixon says I will have these in hand by Wednesday. :blob:

Clubs arrived today, they will get dropped off for lie angle adjustment and grip change and be on the course this weekend. Should be fun having some more V-sole in the bag. :clapp:

Interested for a post-round thought or two on your setup.

I missed these last few posts, but mine are 2 flat and I will never fall out of love with the Nippons.

I wonder if Srixon will update these. I guess if they did it would be Z375s.

I hope if they do, they go with a metal finish in the cavity to mimic the 565/765s. It would look so much better than the black badging they put in the 355s IMO.

Interested for a post-round thought or two on your setup.

I missed these last few posts, but mine are 2 flat and I will never fall out of love with the Nippons.

This will be my first time playing Nippon shafts and looking forward to it.

I hope if they do, they go with a metal finish in the cavity to mimic the 565/765s. It would look so much better than the black badging they put in the 355s IMO.

Agreed!! But they do match my bag very nicely.

Attachments

• IMG_20170220_101131.jpg
    IMG_20170220_101131.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 0

Wouldnt they be near identical to the 5 series then?
The difference in them is rather small in terms of design.

Back