Your first hole of 2016?

My first hole of 2016 was this past Friday, January 29th. Salt Creek Golf Course (links course in Southeast San Diego County), 387 yard down hill par 4. Driver, Sand Wedge, One Putt for a Birdie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Popped the drive up a little but in the fairway, left me about 170. Back to back chunked shots, then a good PW to about 10', 2 putt for the double-bogey.

Updated Feb 3

First hole of 2016 was last Tuesday at Lake Buena Vista Golf Course.

Par 4 of about 350 yards

Double bogey, due to a flubbed chip (thank you Florida Bermuda)

Drive was decent and first real shot with the CF16 (9 iron) was solid and just missed the green on the right side.
Bumped since I had been holding the space since Jan 1

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

A bogey @ Laughlin Ranch AZ was an acceptable start on the 29th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
January 15th at Mattaponi Springs. .. started on #10. Nice drive to the middle of the fairway, left with 7 iron in, pulled it to the left, nice pitch & run to tap in for par 4.
Nice to get out and get the rust off.
Sad that I haven't been out since.

f29f395e537f4e4fa2198ac69929f906.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

My first hole for 2016 wasn't ideal for me. First of all I was playing with rental clubs and second it was my first time playing in CA (I was on travel for work).

Anyways I'm in prep mode for RR and short game is my focus, so I hit up an executive course. 1st hole 182 yard par 3, slightly downhill. I tried to swing a smooth 6 iron and I struck it just a little too well. Straight over the flag about 15 yards and on the fringe. I chipped on and 2 putted for a bogey to start my 2016 off.

January 15th at Mattaponi Springs. .. started on #10. Nice drive to the middle of the fairway, left with 7 iron in, pulled it to the left, nice pitch & run to tap in for par 4.
Nice to get out and get the rust off.
Sad that I haven't been out since.

f29f395e537f4e4fa2198ac69929f906.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I love that course.

First hole of the year was a par 4. Pulled my drive to the left rough, approach was short, chipped up and 2 putted for a bogey.

First hole of 2016 was a short par 4, where I elected to hit 4i off the tee. On my second shot I had 105 into a blustering wind and hit PW to 25'. Two putt par.

Started my 2016 with a nice and straight forward par 5. Hit a decent drive; layed up to about 75 yards, missed my birdie putt and tapped in for an easy par

Got,my first hole in today. Par 3, tee shot was short and right. Chipped up to 3 feet and made the putt for par. Happy to start my golf year out with that!!!

Great start checkered.

Par. Hooked tee shot, punched 2nd shot through trees just off the green, chipped to tap in distance.

Par for me. Block fade tee shot right, punch 7 iron to the back of the green and two putts

Your first hole of 2016?

6a0ef0328dc9a8b72584883e9c948a92.jpg

Birdied it...then things went a little sideways but I managed to keep it together for the most part.

Edit: to elaborate, it was downwind...don't remember the yardage but it was under 400. 4 iron off the tee, pure. Missed the fairway right because I was lined up right (laid a club down after my shot to check alignment). Hit a smooth PW to about 8 feet. On the walk up and when I was lining up I kept thinking "Man this is gonna suck when you miss an easy putt to birdie the first hole of the year". Putt was a little downhill, slightly left to right. Made it barely, snuck it in the left side.

Last edited:
just got back from St. George Utah. == Got 4 rounds in 1st hole this year par 4 355 yards 2 putt par from 30 feet 1 foot tap in. -- happy played well each time.

First hole of the year and first time hitting a ball since November. Slight dogleg right par 4. Hit driver dead center of fairway to 110 out. Thinned my AW 15 yards past the green. Chipped under a tree to just short of the green. 56 to about 5 feet, made the putt for a bogey.

Ended the the day with a 91. I probably would have been better off spending a day at the range after not touching a club for 4 months, but had way more fun going straight to the course. With a little work on my irons I should be right back to where I was last year.

First hole and round for 2016 was yesterday with my wife. We had another couple that was supposed to play with us but they bailed out when the temps did not get above 42 and the wind picked up to 14 mph. Glad my wife is a trooper!

Anyway, the first hole was a 335yd dogleg right par 4. I tried to hit a straight driver, but it faded a little and got around the corner to a perfect spot in the fairway and left me 95 yds out. I hit a 56 * wedge that splashed in the wet edge of the green and stopped dead. That left me a 15 foot, left to right slider for bird. I burned the edge and made the 10 inch tap in par.

The first birdie of 2016 came on the par 5, 5th hole. 512 yds into a breeze, I hit driver, 18* hybrid, 56* wedge to 4 feet and made the bird.

With this being the first time I swung a club since early November, shooting 79 felt great !

Driver into the right side of the fairway, toed iron shot onto the next fairway, hit my approach well off to the side of the green, skulled the chip over the green, then 2 putted from there for the triple.

But hey - golf in MA in February, I'm not complaining!

First hole was my practice round at RTJ Grand National Friday. Made par so I felt good. Hybrid, 9 iron and a chip to a foot for a gimme. Great start for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

371 yard par 4 at Riverwalk Golf Club in San Diego. Hooked my drive into the right rough, 6 iron short left of the green, chipped to just off the back of the green and two putt for bogey.

Short par 4. Took 3 wood off the tee and hit it pretty well then chunked my 6 iron and then blocked my 8 iron left of the green. Chipped on for a 2 putt and double.

Longish par 5, I blocked my drive into an obstacle, dropped, thinned my lay up shot, shanked my wedge and had a great approach from 45 yards from the trees to 12 ft. 2 putts double

Short straight away par 4. Birdied it Saturday after a nice drive in the fairway left me about 80 yards. First approach with my new PM grind hit to about 12 feet and made the putt!

Back