Staff Bag Embroidery

jlukes

Reaction score
So I want to get the panel on my Odyssey staff bag embroidered, but I am not sure who would do this type of thing.

Would a store like Golf Galaxy offer these services? A tailor?

Also can't decide if I just get my name on it, or if I throw "Lukes" on there as well

A local sports embroidery store could probably do it. As long as the panel is removable.

No guarantees that something won't get damaged. Like waterproofing.

Took mine to an embroidery shop that our local Edwin Watts recommended. Cost about $20 for mine.
Call around and see local pro shops recommend is my advise.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

A local sports embroidery store could probably do it. As long as the panel is removable.

No guarantees that something won't get damaged. Like waterproofing.

Nice, I will have to check a few of the local places out. Already removed the panel so good to go there and not worry about waterproofing as I don't plan on using it much (maybe just THP events)

I would look for a local embroiderer. They should be able to do what you want. Also bring the entire bag so it comes out good.

Also, is there a specific letter size to use, or just as big as my long-ass last name will allow?

I would assume any local embroidery shop would be able to do it.

As far as lettering goes, I am sure when you meet with the embroidery shop you can tell them what you want and what size and they would be able to do it.

Also, is there a specific letter size to use, or just as big as my long-ass last name will allow?

Are you gonna go block or cursive-like?

Go big or go home lol.
Bigger is easier to see from a far.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

I would look for a local embroiderer. They should be able to do what you want. Also bring the entire bag so it comes out good.
This would be my recommendations as well, the company we use for corporate embroidery was going to do a bag of mine earlier, they said it wasn't going to be too much since it was a fairly small area and not too much involved.

Find an Embroidme near you, I used to send customers to the one down here before It closed and to one in Metuchen when I worked up that way, both places did a nice job. Just make sure that they use the largest font that will fit, taller and thinner letters is a decent trade off for longer names or else it will end up being small overall.

My brother in law owns a custom embroidery business here in Albany and I've used him for quite a few unique gifts for people. Each and every time I went to him with an "idea," and each and every time he came up with something better.

So I'd try to find one local and pick their brain to see if they have any ideas on how to make it exactly the way you want.

So I found a local guy to embroider my new Bridgestone Master's bag and a Mini Staff Titleist bag that I have - Just my name. I know that makes selling either one a little hard in the future, but at my age, don't think that is an issue. Is there some reason why I wouldn't want to do it besides it's a "Little Bold"?

So I found a local guy to embroider my new Bridgestone Master's bag and a Mini Staff Titleist bag that I have - Just my name. I know that makes selling either one a little hard in the future, but at my age, don't think that is an issue. Is there some reason why I wouldn't want to do it besides it's a "Little Bold"?

Covered this very topic on THP radio in the Dean Has Spoken volume 1

Thanks JB - Sounds like we might be on the same page.

Thanks JB - Sounds like we might be on the same page.

Im not sure we are....haha
I suggest listening to the take on the show.

Do you have game? If not, then reconsider using staff bag as full time gamer bag.

I do not agree. Staff bags are awesome and the world would be a better place if we all used them. Just my opinion.

Do you have game? If not, then reconsider using staff bag as full time gamer bag.

I do not agree. Staff bags are awesome and the world would be a better place if we all used them. Just my opinion.
That's why you aren't allowed to run for president. Horrible stance on the issues hehe

Oddly enough, I am thinking of bringing a staff bag with my name on it to Club Clash. #HypocrisyAtItsBest

That's why you aren't allowed to run for president. Horrible stance on the issues hehe

Oddly enough, I am thinking of bringing a staff bag with my name on it to Club Clash. #HypocrisyAtItsBest

Do it!

If one isn't re-upping one's USGA membership (due to numerous reasons not limited to the solo round handicap issue) and getting the name on the bag tag, this could be an option.

"Blugold is wrong. The Dean has spoken."

That's not a very extreme stance to have haha

Did it!

238b54c9061394783e81380b459bbae3.jpg

Guy did it for $10.00

What made you go ball pocket instead of name pocket?

Looks great Mark! That turned out really nice!

Looks pretty good

Back