The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like I was right about my 15yo not wanting to text us on her trip.

Instead she's snapchatting her way across the country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like I was right about my 15yo not wanting to text us on her trip.

Instead she's snapchatting her way across the country.

Hopefully she's sending something worth seeing and not just her breakfast or her friend sleeping beside her. :alien:

I totally agree it depends on the kid, but there is no reason a 6 year old needs their own smartphone.

You're probably correct there.

Electronic Parenting.

Slap a device in front of them and you dont have do anything.

our 10 year old has one. first I was totally against it but they are using a cloud based system for school and when we travel (we do a lot of driving) she can play games the school has. worked out well for us. she is not allowed to have it on from 5-8 during our family time.

Hopefully she's sending something worth seeing and not just her breakfast or her friend sleeping beside her. :alien:

She's been taking scenery pics and noting where they are.

And her and her best friend making weird faces at their friends who are conked out around them.

I need to pack.

I need to pack.

I'm behind on that too. Mostly staged the essentials, but I have a feeling I'll be doing some laundry tonight.

I'm behind on that too. Mostly staged the essentials, but I have a feeling I'll be doing some laundry tonight.

I've paired shorts and shirts, but thats it. Need to clean up some shoes and stuff too. I'm also positive I'll forget something.

It's a strange feeling that comes over you, when your daughter sends out pics of her sharing a seat, and snacks, and headphones with a boy on a long bus trip. And they're shoulder to shoulder with huge grins on their faces.

It's a strange feeling that comes over you, when your daughter sends out pics of her sharing a seat, and snacks, and headphones with a boy on a long bus trip. And they're shoulder to shoulder with huge grins on their faces.

Send her a picture of your 9 iron and tell her it's for her seat mate to think about. LOL Good luck. I'm glad I have a boy. :alien:

Well they got in!!! Now I just have to sell a useless organ to pay for it. Lol

You get more money for the useful ones. Just saying.

Well they got in!!! Now I just have to sell a useless organ to pay for it. Lol

I call dibs on Freddie's club stash that he will be selling soon.

For the life of me I can't understand why when I get up early and get stuff done is an issue. In my line of work early usually provides access to the equipment I need to work on.
It works for me, it works for my customers, it is easier for me and for them....
I get my $hit done, leave me the hell alone!....

For the life of me I can't understand why when I get up early and get stuff done is an issue. In my line of work early usually provides access to the equipment I need to work on.
It works for me, it works for my customers, it is easier for me and for them....

My owner doesn't understand why I'm sending emails at 6am or in the office at 7 when at corporate. It's how I'm wired.

My owner doesn't understand why I'm sending emails at 6am or in the office at 7 when at corporate. It's how I'm wired.

Yeah, I regularly start work 4-5 AM (sometimes sooner) have no problems working late, Long hours, travel, etc.....
Why give me crap? Why tell me to slow down a bit?....
I don't ask (rarely do) others to do the same....

Same thing here. I'm in the office at 7:30 - we've got flexible hours, which most people use the other way - getting in at 10:00 or so. People get confused why I'm headed out at 4 when they stop by to ask me a question.

If you don't start work early how else can you get out of the office and on to the tee box?

If you don't start work early how else can you get out of the office and on to the tee box?

Exactly.

Me too buddy. Up early, work in peace. Get caught up and then let the day begin.

I had an agent friend of mine years ago that said "If you are up at 5am, you better either be returning emails or buying diapers, otherwise nothing good is going to come of it"

Same thing here. I'm in the office at 7:30 - we've got flexible hours, which most people use the other way - getting in at 10:00 or so. People get confused why I'm headed out at 4 when they stop by to ask me a question.
My last company, I was in at 7:30 and worked to 4:30. Most arrived at 9:00 to 9:30 and were supposed to work to 6:00, but in reality left at 5:00 most times. Yet, when they saw me leaving at 4:30, they would always say "must be nice" I'm like hey, I was here before you were probably even out of bed. So many times, people often only see things from their perspective.

You're just old fashioned - that means you have a solid work ethic!

My last company, I was in at 7:30 and worked to 4:30. Most arrived at 9:00 to 9:30 and were supposed to work to 6:00, but in reality left at 5:00 most times. Yet, when they saw me leaving at 4:30, they would always say "must be nice" I'm like hey, I was here before you were probably even out of bed. So many times, people often only see things from their perspective.

I'm checking emails at 6am and in the office at 8:45. I eat lunch at my desk and take off around 4:30 at the latest. And then I'm checking emails again from 8ish until around 10. No one ever says a thing about my schedule because they know I get stuff done correctly and on time.

I just got yelled at by a custodian.

For being 3 minutes late to my classroom.

Seriously?

Me too buddy. Up early, work in peace. Get caught up and then let the day begin.

I had an agent friend of mine years ago that said "If you are up at 5am, you better either be returning emails or buying diapers, otherwise nothing good is going to come of it"

hahaha the secondary portion of that is why I am most effective between midnight and 3am rather than 5-8am.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back