Worst weekend of golf in about 2 years

golfdawg

Reaction score
Handicap
My Driver and irons have been solid for the last two years, with room to improve but good enough to get me around any course. My short game has been off the last six months, but it was the only good point of the two rounds i played this weekend.

I sliced, pulled, duffed and topped almost 90% of all my shots over 100 yards this past Saturday and Sunday.

My short game was the only positive, and while my putts did not fall, speed was spot on, and i saved plenty of shots with my chips and pitches.

The good thing is yesterday i was telling myself i am not a fan of golf, take a month off, then this morning i was back to thinking what i could have been doing that caused my swing to be soooo off, and how to work on it this week.

Understand completely. I played absolutely horrible this weekend. Even my buddy was saying "Man, I haven't seen you play this bad in a looong time" lol. That's just golf I guess.

I'll join your Played Rotten This Weekend club. No biggie dude. You'll be back before you know it.

Understand completely. I played absolutely horrible this weekend. Even my buddy was saying "Man, I haven't seen you play this bad in a looong time" lol. That's just golf I guess.

Yes anytime you think you have things works out the golf gods come down and slap you around a little bit

Right there with you. Played Navy Seal golf yesterday. Left, right, left, splash.

I am right there with you. Saturday was so lousy that I didn't bother playing on Sunday. Among other things, I lost 4 balls.

I am right there with you. Saturday was so lousy that I didn't bother playing on Sunday. Among other things, I lost 4 balls.

I stopped counting after 6. :curse:

I'll join your Played Rotten This Weekend club. No biggie dude. You'll be back before you know it.
I'm genuinely curious, does this add pressure/doubt heading into the MC or are you able to treat it like a normal bad weekend and put it behind you and know you are ready given all the work you've put in?

I'm genuinely curious, does this add pressure/doubt heading into the MC or are you able to teat it like a normal bad weekend and put it behind you?

Nah. I hit my fair share of good shots and had a great warmup session. Bad luck combined with some little mistakes on the first few holes put me in the hole right away. Bad rounds happen when you leave the comfort of the internet lol :comp:

I stopped counting after 6. :curse:

that is about where i was on both rounds, 3-5 balls lost per round

Nah. I hit my fair share of good shots and had a great warmup session. Bad luck combined with some little mistakes on the first few holes put me in the hole right away. Bad rounds happen when you leave the comfort of the internet lol :comp:

This is why i come here, because on the internet i can hit a 6 iron 230 yards like Rory.

you know you have it in you, its probably just a little tweak that will get you back on track

My tale of woe..,two weeks ago for the first time I posted back to back rounds in the 70s, my last two rounds 90&92..WTH

My tale of woe..,two weeks ago for the first time I posted back to back rounds in the 70s, my last two rounds 90&92..WTH

Yes i have been playing in the 83-86 range for a few months now, Saturday was a 98, and sunday 96 shuuuu those hurt

On the first hole, I hit a great drive, hit my gap wedge 15 yards too long into a back left bunker, and bladed the bunker shot about 140 yards into the water. Things sort of went downhill after that.

Sometimes good players have bad days. It happens. Heck earlier this year I was ready to go get lessons I was playing so bad, then I started working it out slowly and now I am pretty happy where I am right now. I'm sure you know your game, hit the range and figure some things out.

I couldn't get out this weekend so you have me beaten there. Playing poorly sucks, especially when you look forward to it after a week battling for the almighty dollar. The putts will fall soon enough and you'll be loving it again.

Sometimes good players have bad days. It happens. Heck earlier this year I was ready to go get lessons I was playing so bad, then I started working it out slowly and now I am pretty happy where I am right now. I'm sure you know your game, hit the range and figure some things out.

Thing is i had my first of six lessons about two weeks ago, and showed some improvement in the Driver department, that is all we worked on, i also got my irons lie angle adjusted 2-3 degrees upright so plenty of changes in my head.

I couldn't get out this weekend so you have me beaten there. Playing poorly sucks, especially when you look forward to it after a week battling for the almighty dollar. The putts will fall soon enough and you'll be loving it again.

big reason i was looking forward to it, is i had not played in 4-5 weeks, and my wife was out of town all weekend, so i planed to fill it full of golf.

Thing is i had my first of six lessons about two weeks ago, and showed some improvement in the Driver department, that is all we worked on, i also got my irons lie angle adjusted 2-3 degrees upright so plenty of changes in my head.

big reason i was looking forward to it, is i had not played in 4-5 weeks, and my wife was out of town all weekend, so i planed to fill it full of golf.

Yeah, I usually struggle when I really build it up. 4-5 weeks is a long time. I'd probably end up taking up another hobby if I went that long. I have a short attention span.

Must have been a bad weekend to play as I sucked it up too. First drive was good just a bit left. Second shot hit a tree and for the life of us we could not find it anywhere so had to take a drop. Went downhill from there. Next hole I topped the ball OB. Started first three holes triple, triple, double. Ended with a 99. 52 on front, 47 on back. I am usually 90 or less for a round.

I have had those days a few weeks ago i shot a 92 on Sat then was 10 better at a much harder course on sunday

I have had those days a few weeks ago i shot a 92 on Sat then was 10 better at a much harder course on sunday

So strange how that works out. The Friday before the tournament I shot a 40 on 9 holes on a similar course.

Part of the frustration Sunday was two fold, first my warm up session was solid. I shortened up my swing just a bit, and was hitting a nice 150-160 baby draw with my 7 iron, and i was like that's it time to make up for yesterday's round. I could not reproduce anything close that result on the course with any irons.

Second issue with Sunday was i played my first round ever with my newly acquired brother in law. I am not a golf snob, i love to see anyone get into the sport, always willing to help only if they ask, and have even donated clubs to those just starting out. He is what i would call about a 40+ handicap, but that's just fine with me as long as he enjoys being out there, but that is the thing he just does not seem to be having much fun at all. The round was 5 hours and 35 minutes, but i was playing so bad myself i did not realize it until about 15 or 16. so needless to say i am going to work on a few things the next two weeks and get back out on the course at a business conference i have up north.

2 weeks ago I shot a 77 on the front 9... talk about nothing going right.

This is the normal pattern for all golfers to different degrees. Go back to basics and be happy with the fact that your short game is on.

Back