What else do you want or what can I do?

Use of more visuals (pictures/videos) in your tips would definitely help.

I have been at this now, on the forum, for a year and half. I have seen countless swungs, offer tips, video and assistance. Since this forum is about the members, I am wondering what else you guys want from a teaching stand point. What can I do better or do more of. Please let me know because I want to make sure you guys are getting what you need from this forum.
As someone who has benefited from your knowledge, I don't know what you could do better from an individual guidance standpoint. You answered all my questions, posted videos, etc., and my game improved dramatically.

I do love your panda tips, so maybe more of them? Playing lessons from the course would be cool where you highlight a situation on the course, and how and why you play it a certain way.

Beyond that, I have to thank you for giving so selflessly to this community. You are amazingly talented, and your talent is only dwarfed by your kindness.

I would say maybe a video tip once a month or so... Maybe even put out a poll and ask what we want to see that month? Like how to hit a draw, how to execute a 40yd bunker shot, downhill lies, etc..

By the way I enjoy what you do here and how you help. I think some tips would take your teachings to the next level.

The man has given so much and yet ask, what more can he do. Just a very selfless act.

Most has been covered. But I too would like to see a video of the most common flaws you see and how to fix them.

Putting would be cool. Specially how to read a green. I always have trouble telling which way a putt will break when it's going up a big tier to a pin on a different level as an example.

Thanks for all you do Freddie.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Think you're doing a great job already Freddie. I agree that I'd like to see some green reading tips and maybe some short game video tips around bunkers, chipping, when to play the high shot, etc. Playing lessons would also be very cool.

Videos, tips of the week/month, drills are all good ideas and would be value added. Many of us battle swing consistency or have similar flaws and the stuff you do when people post help out more than just the person who asked.

I have realized and learned that short game is one of the quickest ways to knock off shots on the scorecard and an area that many don't spend enough time practicing, including myself. I would like to see some short game tips on how to hit different shots from inside 60 yds and how it can be done with different clubs.

But on the larger scale i think something like a weekly/monthly segment of sorts focusing on different areas of the game...could be setup, impact, how to hit a fade/draw, how to chip/pitch, bunker play and putting.

I can't finish without saying thank you for all that you have done for this forum and the effort you put in to make each one of us better

Weekly/Bi-Monthly/Monthly video tips would be awesome.

How to hit that hop and stop shot from 50 yards would be golden!!!

It looks like the consensus is video instruction, so I am going to hop on that wagon and say the same. Definitely for some of the more common shots people take in golf, how to hit through different rough (thick, thin, fried egg, hardpan, etc...). Maybe even an on-course instructional video as you play a round, and the processes you take for each shot from tee to green.

I have been at this now, on the forum, for a year and half. I have seen countless swungs, offer tips, video and assistance. Since this forum is about the members, I am wondering what else you guys want from a teaching stand point. What can I do better or do more of. Please let me know because I want to make sure you guys are getting what you need from this forum.

Play a round of golf with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#MorePanda is always a good thing. Bunker shots, putting tips are always useful. I learn a ton just from reading your tips to others. Looking forward to seeing you next weekend buddy!

WOW Freddie, you are one of the many reasons THP never ceases to amaze me. You do all that you do already, and you are asking what more can you do?!? Thank you! I have personally not yet posted a video of my swing, I plan on doing it soon. Personally couldn't think of anything more to ask of you. Thank you for what you do!

Play a round of golf with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tried to get this done but git the big hand in the Gauntlet, lol. But I'd like nothing more.

I would love to see some specific drills or practice thoughts that you find important for improving in golf. Or even some sort of practice plan. Many of us are currently trying to improve on our own and don't have an instructor, so anything that can help us in our quest in that regard would be beneficial.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Better? No. Tip of the month would be cool, like others say. A series on course management through your eyes would be really cool, too. Like how you, a low capper and former pro, makes decisions on the course.

Rest assured though, you are the freaking man Freddie!

Have really enjoyed reading all the tips you give other members here and if I would have to say anything...

I recently joined a practice facility where I can essentially do anything (range, short game, putting, par 3, golf fitness, etc) and I struggle sometimes having a purpose when I go. Maybe some generic training plans?

Do a video series on how to play tricky shots from weird lies and obstructed views of the green, and then tell us all to stop being morons and show yourself pitching out to the fairway.

Playing lessons with Freddie Kong videos.

You do a great job buddy and have helped quite a large number of members. I'd love to see some form of video with you showing what you are describing at times. Or just a drill of some sort.

^^^Exactly this. I am much more visual and would love to see your tips along with video when possible.

How about a full dissection of the golf swing on video? There is much to learn from the tips you give everyone, but there are times I can read and recall a tip you've given someone, yet when I get to the range I find myself asking "What exactly did he mean by that?" and trying to figure out how to translate the words into my own actions.

I envision breaking the swing down into several parts and giving an explanation of the hows and whys of what is going on. For example, one frequent tip you give is to start the backswing "with the shoulders" and not "with the hands". In this segment of the swing breakdown you could take a slow-mo vid and have a couple stops where you overlay some telestrator text or voice explaining the movement and some swing thoughts to help recall.

At the end maybe throw in a few drills to help get the feelings and movements discussed ingrained.

This is certainly a tall order but I figured I would throw it out there.

For example, one frequent tip you give is to start the backswing "with the shoulders" and not "with the hands".
I love this one, I've gone back to it so many times, and it really made a big difference why my index started dropping. When I start getting off kilter, I can usually trace it back to not starting my swing with my left shoulder. Just one small example of how helpful you've already been, Freddie.

Literally nothing.

The tips are a cool idea but other than that and some video responses or something i can't think of much more you can do. You seem to do an excellent job dude and ive seen posts where you marked up a picture or whatnot and i thought "damn he must of spent some time on that". Seriously i cant imagine its easy to go through and respond then follow all the threads people post but you seem to be on your game and find time for it. Kudos to you sir, you've got my respect and thanks for doing it. I may just have to get your breakdown of my swing haha

Better? Not a lot. You are truly an amazing asset that people get help from every day. Not a day goes by that you do not impact a person and the game of golf. Not many people in the world can say that, but you can.

You light up a room at a THP Event. You help people to reach goals to enjoy the game more. You are truly amazing in this position.

If you are asking for input, which you are, and want some from me, well here goes. What about a bi-monthly or monthly tip. Something simple with a drill that you are seeing people struggle with. Use some pictures and video and go from there.

I know the members of this community you are helping will have better ideas than this and you have already done some of it already, but thought I would throw it out there. Something like THP Tip of The Month or thereabouts.

Well said. Can't even think of the number of players you have no doubt helped, including me, maybe more in-directly, but I follow your question and answer threads, and try some of your idea's here and there.

I want to thank you for your previous help. I've had people give me tips and stuff that didn't work, or were wrong for me.

You've only seen a couple of videos of my swing, and helped me tremendously.

Also, some of the tips you have given others, applied to me. After trying some of these things it would help my alignment, etc.

I have to agree with LordByron, about the course management. If I knew when to gamble and go for it, or go around it, this would drop a few strokes for me.

Something else would be, getting out of trouble. Example: sometimes I land under tree limbs, and need to know how to hit a low running shot that will get out from under them and still get decent yardage.

Thanks for the great help and advice you have given all of us.

Jack

Back