Scotty Restore: Trying to decide

JDax

The Finley Cooler
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 12.1
I have 3 older Scotty Cameron putters, and I'm trying to decide which one to restore. I'm interested in the thoughts of the posters here.

Option 1: Circle T Newport Tour
by6a2e4e.jpg

naqera7u.jpg

Option 2: Tel3 Teryllium Two Newport
he9e4ade.jpg

za6eseme.jpg

Option 3: Studio Stainless Newport
u9a2ana7.jpg

4ugu4ehe.jpg

Thoughts?

Dax

Just looking at it from a pure value standpoint, I think if you got the Circle T restored and authenticated, it would be worth the most money.

If you are restoring it to use, then I think you need to go with whichever you putt the best with.

Just my opinion though.

I'd say the Tel3. Those putters look so nice restored.

DYI or paying for it?

Isn't the Tel 3 what Tiger used to use? Probably some solid value there.
Personally I love the studio stainless and I've been looking for one myself.

• Staff
I was leaning to restore the Circle T because it's worth the most, but I wouldn't want to game it... The one I putted the best with was the Studio Stainless...

• Staff
That circle T would look just gorgeous restored.

Have to agree with the rest on the T

Isn't the Tel 3 what Tiger used to use? Probably some solid value there.
Personally I love the studio stainless and I've been looking for one myself.

That is correct the Tel 3 was the putter Tiger used....

Dax

The Tel is going to be tough since the insert is rusting. It would look great finished. I say the circle T would be the route to go. Always loved that style newport.

Sending it into the Cameron Custom Shop? I'm thinking about sending my fastback, my gamer, to them over the winter. Let us know how it goes.

Voting for the Circle T too.

Gotta agree about the circle T

Also, fwiw I sent in a 303 newport in to the shop a few years ago for my dad as a Father's Day gift. It was pretty beat up, but they did a tremendous job, as expected.

Sending it into the Cameron Custom Shop? I'm thinking about sending my fastback, my gamer, to them over the winter. Let us know how it goes.

Voting for the Circle T too.

Yes sending it back to the Cameron Custom Shop... I'm going to send the Circle T (to have) and the Studio Stainless to game... I'll keep y'all updated...

Dax

The Tel is going to be tough since the insert is rusting. It would look great finished. I say the circle T would be the route to go. Always loved that style newport.

The Tel is in the worst shape... It would be a tough restore IMO...

Dax

You could always send the TeI3 to BOS to restore & refinish a little bit cheaper. Good call on sending the Circle T back in. That will pay for itself. I just acquired a 303 Stainless Newport I am doing some minor clean up myself; eventually I'll send it in for a restore.

I'd go circle t personally...

I would say the Circle T. The Scotty Shop has stopped restoring the Tel3 putters because of the copper inserts. They no longer have the inserts so they stopped doing any restorations with them all together. I have one that a friend found in the trunk of a taxi in NYC but it has a gash in the copper insert. I sent it to Scotty to have it restored and authenticated but they wouldn't restore it because the copper can not be fixed. They did authenticate it though.

I want to see them when you get them back that Circle T should be a stunner.

I would say the Circle T. The Scotty Shop has stopped restoring the Tel3 putters because of the copper inserts. They no longer have the inserts so they stopped doing any restorations with them all together. I have one that a friend found in the trunk of a taxi in NYC but it has a gash in the copper insert. I sent it to Scotty to have it restored and authenticated but they wouldn't restore it because the copper can not be fixed. They did authenticate it though.

I wonder why they list a separate price to restore the Teryllium putters if they aren't fixing the inserts?

Dax

Yes sending it back to the Cameron Custom Shop... I'm going to send the Circle T (to have) and the Studio Stainless to game... I'll keep y'all updated...

Dax

man I can't believe you wouldn't game that circle T!

For as beat up as it is, I can't wait to see how it comes out. Would make for a fun conversation on course having one of those considering how sought after they are.

Scotty Restore: Trying to decide

man I can't believe you wouldn't game that circle T!

For as beat up as it is, I can't wait to see how it comes out. Would make for a fun conversation on course having one of those considering how sought after they are.

Honestly, I was just cleaning out some old back up bags and pulled out these from the "moth balls". I didn't even know how popular the Circle T is until like 2 days ago... When it's all said and done, it might end up in the bag...

Dax

Last edited:
Thinking of a ending my Newport to the custom shop. It would be an easier decision if I had a circle T.

Back