Contest - THP & Callaway Celebrating Phil's Win

The shot of the tournament featured Phil's MD2 wedge and the amount of spin he is able to produce with it from a tough distance/lie. Lucky for him he had the right weapons for the task. You can't hit that shot without total confidence in your club, and Phil obviously has that connection already with the MD2.

@ErkyDoodle

No wedge other than the Mack Daddy2 could spin the ball backwards after hitting on a down slope like that. The bite that that wedge put on the ball was insane.

I need me some of that Bite.

@ShaneWright47

And I thought only the Cleveland RTX could spin a chip like that. Now the Calloway answered with their own. Put the best weapon in the hands of the best marksman and you get a win at the Scottish Open.

@joepapeo

wow... a lot of wedgies? :p

Guess I could finally figure out how to pull the string on my wedge shots vs just sticking it.

@etiviti

one hop and stop for a tap in from a rediculously tight and hard lie. That was one "Mack Daddy" of a shot

@mrmcgovs

Wow 17 wedges. That's only a few more than I carry:). Thanks Callaway and THP for another awesome contest.

Those MD2s where saving Phil from all kinds of tough spots in his final round on Sunday. Then in the playoff he sticks one so close it was a no pressure putt.

Looks like Phil's found a new favorite club. How does Callaway keep pumping out such amazing products?

@timschank

The milling between the grooves on these MD2s provided Phil the extra control he needed to navigate the firm and fast conditions of the Scottish Open. They also provided the winning pitch on the playoff hole to get him the win! Major contender at The Open!

@DanielTak

The Mack Daddy 2 wedges got Phil out of trouble all day on Sunday. Last shot aside, he had some great saves throughout the day that gave him the opportunity to be in the playoff. You could tell his comfort level with these wedges is extremely high. These wedges are producing at a very high level!

@ThaShu59

This is incredible. Is there any doubt how freaking amazing :callaway: has been on THP and with their clubs this year??

Wow

Phil is just known for short games around the green.
@jimnycricket65

The Mack Daddy 2 helped Phil win the Scottish Open because Callaway makes the best wedges on the planet!

@SmallvilleKC

Did you see the spin that Phil got using these wedges. What a tough shot and the Mack Daddy gave him the confidence to go at the pin.

@Hacker_1313

This is incredible. Is there any doubt how freaking amazing :callaway: has been on THP and with their clubs this year??

Wow

No doubt at all. I wonder if the winners will get to choose their loft, or if they'll be sending out the same to everyone.

Just realized this was random. Damn, haha. I put a lot of thought into my entry.

Lefty's wedge play helped him win. That shot from the bunker was ridiculous.

@connor_jackson1

Phil is a master of recovery shots which is why he is such an exciting player to watch! I'm sure the MD2's are a huge confidence boost to Phil's game and are the perfect compliment to his uncanny approach shots. Keep it up Lefty!!!

@drbeaubeard

Incredible shot from the bnker by Lefty! The MD2's only help his already incredible short game!

@6foot9_41

I dream over Phil's shot on 17. What a crucial piece to his great victory!

@Jjmorris9

sole grind and industry leading groove technology allowed Phil to get up and down from just about anywhere, he needed that spin to hold the shot on 17.

When Phil used these wedges last week, it was like the green was his dart board. Every wedge shot was close. I just want to do the same.

@krclemons

Watching Phil work his way around the greens (particularly the last shot to close out the playoff) was fantastic to watch. Phil has always been a master of the short game, but the MD2 wedges certainly appear to increase his ability to spin and control his shot.

Thanks to THP and Callaway for this great contest. There will be seventeen -- SEVENTEEN -- happy THPers when the contest concludes. Just amazing.

@sdiamondATL

About 170 entries so far. That means one out of every 10 THPers will get a wedge! Hope this contest ends soon!

WOW 17 winners! Thanks THP and Callaway. The fact is that shot was AWESOME! It's like he pulled the string. Love the hop and stop. Definitely need one of those

@coachnd24

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:
Back