Straight Outta Compton Trailer

definitely a different story. but to me, a story about sharing the painful experiences of growing up in south central la and rising above the virtual death sentence that comes from your birthplace > fighting censorship and antiquated decency laws.

Never said it was more deserving, just was interested to see what that biopic film would look like.

Nobody wants chocolate covered shriveled fruit.
False.

It goes great with butter covered exploded grains.

:angel:

Popcorn and raisinettes sounds like a great idea for watching this on DVD when it comes out.

Seeing this trailer brings back so many memories of a elementary and h.s. in the early 90s.

Straight Outta Compton Trailer

It's kind of ironic .

NWA was one of those groups where everyone was actually better/more successful as a solo act.

Usually when you see that happen it fails miserably.

Edit: obviously without NWA in the first place they wouldn't have had the chance to be so successful .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ready for this movie to hit the showcases. Now to find which drive in I go to see it at.

It's kind of ironic .

NWA was one of those groups where everyone was actually better/more successful as a solo act.

Edit: obviously without NWA in the first place they wouldn't have had the chance to be so successful .

They were all talented in their own ways and I think it's what made them a good group but was also something that probably would have held them back.

Not too terribly often a specific group/performer completely hijacks a genre the way NWA (and others) grabbed hip hop from the jaws of MC Hammer and made it about a portion of culture most of America happily ignored. That they did so with a story that is compelling in its own right is even more interesting.

I probably won't see this in the theater because my wife has zero interest, but I imagine when it hits Netflix or some other avenue.

Cube, Dre and Eazy I agree with, but don't think most can remember a solo song by Ren, Yella or Arabian Prince. Part of me thinks if they would have stuck together they could have made some amazing tunes because they were all very young during the NWA days. Realistically though, they were big time talents that needed to be able to spread out and be solo.

It's kind of ironic .

I will see this in theater. I think there is a powerful message behind this movie, and it needs to be said and heard. Unfortunately in this world the people this message needs to reach is not likely to make it there.

Just saw the trailer for the first time today. Looks like a good watch. I'll probably wait until it hits redbox though.

Yeah I'll be there in the theater for this one.

I will see this in theater. I think there is a powerful message behind this movie, and it needs to be said and heard. Unfortunately in this world the people this message needs to reach is not likely to make it there.
Will the fam be going? If not maybe you me and emart can arrange a viewing. Michelle has no interest.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Watched this again tonight at home with Matt.

Still haven't seen it. I've heard nothing but good things.

It's a great flick, eye opening in some ways, but I've enjoyed it both times I watched it.

Just watched this tonight. Very well done. Looking forward to the sequel as well

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Just watched this tonight. Very well done. Looking forward to the sequel as well

Rapper Ron

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I think the thing it does for me is it gave me some insight of something I know nothing about. I know it is a movie, and it doesn't show a lot of the darker times that certainly are a shame, but it touched on it enough that the message was clear.

I think I need to rent this and watch on the flights next week.

I finally got a chance to sit down and watch this last night. I thought it was fantastic! Very well cast and very well written, enjoyed every minute of it.

I watched this for the first time Saturday night on HBO and really enjoyed it.

Just watched it again the other night. Such a good movie.

Back