It's not a secret anymore

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
I got this sent to me from a friend who can find things online better than anyone I know. Sorry JB, but I can't not post this:

The Hackers Paradise Launches Print Publication
Inaugural Issue to Debut in December and Feature Original Content and Year End Company Awards

TAMPA BAY, FL - (August 11, 2009) - The Hackers Paradise (The Hackers Paradise ), the premier destination on the internet to discuss all things golf, today announced the creation of THP magazine, a high gloss print publication that will debut in December and feature original equipment reviews, company profiles and THP's Year End Award Nominations.

"Launching a golf publication - especially in these challenging economic times - is a big endeavor, however we wouldn't tackle a project of this magnitude if the demand wasn't there," said THP President Josh Babbitt. "Since the inception of the website, our unique visitors have trended upward every month and THP has been well received by all types of golf companies from equipment to apparel to accessories. As a result, we believe the opportunity exists to parlay the emergence of the website into a viable publication that allows a new way for our ideas, products, and the companies we work with to get into the consumers' thoughts and hands."

8665f1ac.jpg

Currently The Hacker's Paradise boasts company news, product reviews, an interactive forum and weekly contests. THP's website is also the only large traffic site that does not offer OEM advertising in an effort to provide the reader with the most unbiased viewpoint.

THP the Magazine will print four times a year and will have a different flavor than the traditional golf magazine. December's inaugural issue will feature THP's Year End Award Nominations. Last year, THP distributed awards to more than 10 companies in more than 15 categories. This year, nominations from more than 15 categories will be featured on the pages of the magazine and readers will have the opportunity to vote via the THP website.

The inaugural issue will be a collectible of sorts to most of our readers. There will be 16 full pages of ad space available to advertisers.

THP, which launched its online forum in October 2008, is adding new members daily and has quickly become the online home to golf enthusiasts across the country garnering more than 50,000 unique visitors per month ever since holding its Huge Charity Raffle The Hackers Paradise Huge Charity Raffle Announcement earlier this year.

Unlike other golf websites, THP produces original reviews daily ranging from the latest in men's and women's equipment, apparel, accessories, footwear, tees, distance measuring devices, instructional aids and more. Because THP does not accept advertising from OEM's or other golf-related companies, readers can be sure each review is thorough and unbiased.

ABOUT THE HACKERS PARADISE
Launched in October 2008, The Hackers Paradise is the website for golfers of all types. From the weekend hacker to the teaching professional looking to talk about their passion. We are the website for the consumer, by the consumer. We have zero advertising and offer the readers a chance to rip through all the marketing hype that is out there and get to the core of exactly what is going on in the world of golf.

THP is co-owned by a woman, so there is always plenty of content for female golfers including daily reviews, a family and female friendly forum and weekly contests.

The sport is a passion for many and we want to share in that passion.

Visit our website and become an official THP member for free at The Hackers Paradise .

Sweet! Best of luck to the THP staff! :blob:

I guess it is not a secret anymore. That was the official release that hit the Wire yesterday. Since that time, the phones have been ringing off the hook and it seems to be everybody is on board.

We are excited about this endeavor, and look forward to seeing how it turns out.

Awesome! I want an autographed copy of the first issue with my subscription!!! :blob:

Here is a larger image of the cover. It was designed by one of our favorite designers out there and we owe a lot of thanks to him.
638366959_qSFmn-XL.jpg

Good job Smalls. Did GG make a post about people letting out secrets. :laugh:

Congrats JB and GG and all others that are going to make this happen and that have made this website possible. Best of luck in this endeavor.

Wow, very exciting. Better get those fingers in shape, I want mine autographed too.

THP - keep up the good work - I'm looking forward to my first copy.

They make white Sharpies, don't they?

OUTSTANDING!!!! CONGRATS TO ALL. Sign me up for the full subscription now and I look forward to hard print version.

Keith

Thank you all for your kind words. We are working with the printer now and will be able to give you subscription info very soon. I will tell you ahead of time that the 1st edition is going to be a collectible of sorts (in our eyes) and less than 25,000 are being printed. Forum members will be able to get them first in yearly subscription format and we will not be charging much for our members of the forum.

This is very cool. I too, would like to subscribe.

JB, will there be an opportunity to subscribe to the quarterly mag in this forum, or a link somewhere?

This is very cool. I too, would like to subscribe.

JB, will there be an opportunity to subscribe to the quarterly mag in this forum, or a link somewhere?

I beat you to it bonk. See my post right above yours.

I have great feeling this is going to be huge! Better order at least another 25,000 copies for the 2010 PGA Merchandise Show. See you there.

Keith

These will be gone by the PGA show we expect. We want to do the limited run for the first issue to keep costs down and because it is being used as our nominations for the year end THP awards.

I'm up for a Subscription!

I've been letting some of my subscriptions drop - but I'll definitely be subscribing to this! If the magazine is a reflection of the on-line site, it will be a huge success. :clapp:

Good job Smalls. Did GG make a post about people letting out secrets. :laugh:

Congrats JB and GG and all others that are going to make this happen and that have made this website possible. Best of luck in this endeavor.

LOL bogey! No, I am not mad at all. It was supposed to stay secret just a little bit longer but I am excited that it is out and I am even more excited to see such great support from our members.

LOL bogey! No, I am not mad at all. It was supposed to stay secret just a little bit longer but I am excited that it is out and I am even more excited to see such great support from our members.

That's good. I'd hate to read on the news of some crazy women from Florida traveling to KC and :beat-up: a defenseless man to death with a Niblick. :laughing: If it happens I'll deny knowing anything. :wink:

Good luck. I can wait to get my autographed copy:smile:, even if I am one of the newbies on this site. If the publication is anything like the site it will be outstanding.

Sign me up! It has been a while since I have read an acutal magazine.

Thank you for all the support everybody. The companies working with us in this venture have been truly great.

Back