Attention Hackers....I need your help

When I slice I notice my right side is overpowering my left side. Not sure if this is what you are doing. What happens is the clubhead comes in open because the right side is pushing ahead...if that makes any sense at all. Good thing you aren't paying me, right? Quick fix could be a stronger (right hand more over the top of the left) looser grip. This won't solve the root problem, but it could straighten things out for a must not go right shot. Don't kill me if you wind up hooking one with a strong grip.

I agree with MarcH. You probably need more tilt at address and move the ball forward and narrow your stance - you are dragging your right foot, meaning two things, you are not flexible enough or you are swinging too hard. And I actually don't believe you need to roll the hands over.
Grip light, start the down swing slowly, right elbow touching the right front corner of your rib cage and not right side and keep it there until way after impact, think peak swing speed after impact and TURN without slowing down leave those wrists alone and finish LOW and around your body.
It looks like you aggressively start the down swing, arms are stuck behind your body because the right elbow is stuck behind your body, body rotation slows down in an effort to square the club face especially with the ball a little too far back - all recipes for a slice, arms and hands flip through impact creating inconsistencies and the chicken wing.
Good luck and let me know if you can now hook the ball...

thanks for the input fellas, Im hoping the rain stops and I can get out and try some of these suggestions, I'll keep you guys posted

Don't squeeze the blood out of it bro! Got to have circulation to get rotation... LOL I find that when I'm gripping too hard I tend to slice it. I also try to focus on using more of my left arm. That helps me a bit with over swinging. But what do I know...

ok computer question, video is on my phone which I uploaded to yourtube, how can I get it uploaded to swingacademy from there? I tried to email it to myself but just sent me the link

Were you able to get your swing video downloaded then re-uploaded to swing academy? If not, try using keepvid to download your youtube video and reupload it. Hope this helps, let me know if you have issues.

http://keepvid.com/

I think so, its in some queue now and said it will appear soon

hit the ball much better today, had a few slices but hit more fairways today than yesterday, focused on loosening the grip and later in the day on shifting the weight from back foot forward better

It also looks like you probably push the ball huh? Push slice/fade?

Glad you hit it better!

Did you do the set up tips? Spine angle and hand position?

Good to hear you're hitting it better. Let's see another video of your swing!!!

when i was slicing the hell out of everything but hitting the sweet spot my pro got me to watch a drill on the pga channel i couldnt find it out but ill keep looking.
basically what you do is take 5 practice swings starting at 1/8 and working up to fullswing but concentrate on releasing the club head/rotating you right arm over. and it worked for me

Glad you hit it better!

Did you do the set up tips? Spine angle and hand position?

the 1 hole I really focused on the hand position I hooked it real bad over some trees. There's always next time.

Good to hear you're hitting it better. Let's see another video of your swing!!!

yeah I'll get one next time Im out, was hoping thats tonight, but doubt it with rain

the 1 hole I really focused on the hand position I hooked it real bad over some trees. There's always next time.

I was more concerned with the spine angle. But don't take it from me, go take a look at 99% of the guys on tour at set up. Either way, hit em good and straight!

I was more concerned with the spine angle. But don't take it from me, go take a look at 99% of the guys on tour at set up. Either way, hit em good and straight!

I'll try it out some more this week, tough to get through the entire checklist without overwhelming myself lol

hit the ball much better today, had a few slices but hit more fairways today than yesterday, focused on loosening the grip and later in the day on shifting the weight from back foot forward better

Glad to hear that loosening the grip helped a bit. Continue to update us, and let us know what other tips have been beneficial.

Glad to hear that loosening the grip helped a bit. Continue to update us, and let us know what other tips have been beneficial.

will do, thanks again for the input

When you're on the range and using your driver the ball will be just inside your left foot ( I hope). Now place a headcover, or rubber golf tee, empty soda can etc in line with the outside of your right foot and about an inch (AT MOST) further away from you. On your down swing this will encourage an in-to-out swing. A lot of slices are caused by an out-to-in swing when you're coming across the ball. Repeated practise on this will have you approaching the ball from a different angle and missing (hopefully) the object to the right of the ball.

Also to encourage the elusive in-to-out swing on your down swing try and pull your right elbow towards your right hip. This stops you pushing your arms out in front of you and cutting across the ball. Practise the two together and your slice will reduce to much straighter shots or at worst a slight fade.

Hope this helps dude, the above worked wonders for me.

As for the video, I'd say number one have the camera man MUCH closer. Your left leg needs to have less movement it should bend very slightly but not to the point where your shoulders have dropped 2-3" inches in height.

Last edited:
Back