What would you pay??

Twoputter12

Reaction score
Handicap
What price would you pay for someone to record your golf round with a drone in the air and a camera person on the course with you? I have a friend who is trying to start a company that films peoples outdoor activities and is trying to get a gauge on what people would pay for that service.

Thanks guys.

Unless it was a very special round say at Augusta then nothing there are a lot of rounds i would not want documented nor do i need them filmed

For an entire round ? If I shot a great score, probably $50, If I shot over 100, probably $100 to destroy the video :)

Seriously, I can't imagine paying anything more than $50 if it was at a regular home course, and would probably only do it once for a novelty. If it was a resort course and I was assured the quality was going to be very good, I might pay $100 as a pretty cool memento. But keep in mind you're already shelling out a lot for the resort course, $200 to $400 depending where, plus probably another $100 or so for a caddie and tip. There comes a point, where you just can't spend any more. Plus I just can't imagine anyone having the time or energy to follow someone around for four hours with a drone :)

That said, maybe a whole round is asking too much. Maybe he should just concentrate on offering it for the opening hole or closing hole. He can probably get a lot more customers, and the cost could be reasonable. $50 a foursome or $20 a person, something along those lines.

Look to action sports. Mountain biking in the canyons, surfing, etc. My errant drive may knock that drone out of the sky :)

I think that would be really cool but honestly I wouldn't be willing to pay enough for your buddy to make much money. I don't think id go over $100 and that would have to include all the editing.

I also don't know that I would do it more than once.

Now put me on a bucket list course like pebble beach and I would probably pay quite a bit to have that memory on video.

If I were guaranteed to get a hole in one, priceless. Otherwise, I would prob pay around $29 at a nice course that I normally do not play (eg. top 100 golf digest course or exclusive private course).

Nothing, especially since most courses around here do not allow non golfers on the course

What price would you pay for someone to record your golf round with a drone in the air and a camera person on the course with you? I have a friend who is trying to start a company that films peoples outdoor activities and is trying to get a gauge on what people would pay for that service.

Thanks guys.

I think you might be better off charging courses to do fly-bys of the holes. Those drones are so loud that I doubt the course would like them out following a group around.

I have never seen one live so not sure on volume. Thanks for the suggestion.

If I were guaranteed to get a hole in one, priceless. Otherwise, I would prob pay around $29 at a nice course that I normally do not play (eg. top 100 golf digest course or exclusive private course).
$29? so $30 is out of the question :) But I'm with you, I said right around $20 to $25 for a nice quality video of maybe the first hole or closing hole or maybe the signature hole of the course if it's not 1 or 18.

Not something I would pay for.

I am leaning toward zero as I am not sure this is a service I'd be interested in. And FWIW the drones better be way up high and super quiet...I don't want anything interfering with the enjoyment of my round.

Last edited:
I wouldnt pay for it unless it was at a place like Pebble.

As easy as it is to get a GoPro or record rounds on my own device I don't think I would pay for that. At least with my own device I can control what is filmed, make sure I control parts of the course that get captured of there is some nice scenery that I'd like to see, and I can get whatever angle I want any time. Having someone else do it for me means I may not get the best angle or something would be missed that I wanted on film.

I am leaning toward zero as in not sure this is a service I'd be interested in. And FWIW the drones better be way up high and super quiet...I don't want anything interfering with the enjoyment of my round.
Agreed, that is why I think if anything it would be good for a one hole thing. Just can't imagine it for an entire round.

Although the thought of Hashtag buzzing his Drone around the opponents at The Grandaddy 2 is quite humorous to think about :)

It sounds like a great idea but I wouldn't pay for it. There might be other outdoor events that might like to have this for ex tough mudder or similar event. I wish your buddy good luck..not to mention what about FAA regulations, privacy concerns for other golfers on the course.

Unless they are very expensive, those drones don't stay in the air all that long 15-20 min tops before the battery needs to be charged. The problem with very expensive ones is...they are very expensive... and that would drive the price of the service up. The only way I would go for that is at a bucket list course...and like CAA said you are already a few hundred dollars in just to get to the tee at those places.

Not much, knowing there is a drone in the air recording me would probably annoy me more than help anything. Probably cause me to have a bad round.

Can't you just mount something like a gopro to your cart?

$15-30 is reasonable but not possible since it's such a personal service. That said, I'd pay someone $50 to do that at my club. I thought about it when picking up one of those drone, but I can't fly it and play golf at the same time:)

What would I personally pay? Nothing. This just seems like a losing idea to me. If I wanted a round taped i'd get a go pro.

Last edited:
I wouldn't pay anything personally

A friend of mine actually has a drone as part of his commercial photography business and has shot golf courses along with higher end developments from the air. When he does courses it's usually during a slow part of the day, as the the drone does get quite loud (he has some footage on his website from a golf tournament where they had to stay pretty far away and try to zoom in due to noise). Their minimum charge for an edited 30 second video is $300, and that's on the cheaper end based on some other prices I've seen. I highly doubt anyone would be able to justify the costs of having their whole round shot.

I don't think I'd pay anything, but I could understand someone paying for this service if it was part of a golf training or improvement process. It could be beneficial to be able to critique your swings and golf decisions after the round was over.

Back