Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated iron shaft ponder...

I took the PXi 6.0 (wishing it was the 6.5), C-Taper S and X (wishing it was the S+), and the DG X100 to the range today. Unfortunately the ideal flag was short of my standard 6 carry area, so I was clearing the green, but it was really really good to get them off grass to see flighting.

I'm pretty confident I don't want to go C-Taper X, and I do feel like I can get a bit too much on the S... Seems like if I go C-Taper it'll be S+ comfortably. The PXi really really shocked me in both flighting and stability. I could see myself hard stepping a the 6.0's or taking on a set of 6.5's and really enjoying them. Even if I don't select them (which I probably won't) I think I may patiently wait for a good deal on a set to put into my stable.

The DG x100's are exactly what I expect them to be. Just stiffy stiff and typical, but I always feel like I am leaving something on the table there... Maybe a soft step, maybe it's just how stout they feel in swing, but I kind of relish the idea of getting away from them for the time being.

C-Taper S+ might be the lock at this point. I look forward to Keygan and Jameson celebrating that selection haha -- But PXi is unreal.

I have some KBS Tour 90s I can trade you, Dan...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

Lol. I liked those into R11s. #guessimweak

I love them. Best shafts for my game. Thats why I was excited for the stock shafts in my MT/TT set, as they are very similar.

I love them. Best shafts for my game. Thats why I was excited for the stock shafts in my MT/TT set, as they are very similar.

I even said on my promo that with a name like Tour Trajectory some could worry about height. But the shaft pairing made them perfect for me.

I even said on my promo that with a name like Tour Trajectory some could worry about height. But the shaft pairing made them perfect for me.

No doubt about it.

TT's need to find their way in the bag.

You mean the amp cells need to find a way out of the bag!!

that's part of the problem, they haven't been bad just yet. Played in a tourny with them today and hit them well.

Are they grain flow? How many times can I hard step them? hahaha

Do it, okay them straight in, I will put in a call to the faa so we can clear the airspace above the course.

Maltby DBM GW to match my irons and tour grind MG LW to match my SW. I wish I had a shipping code...

Pondering the OGIO TAJ cart bag. Any thoughts?

Grip change for my Altitudes, have never used these before but the reviews looks pretty good and matched to my black shafts would look clean I think.
dritac-dkgrey.jpg

A push cart. Can't find ClicGears on any sort of sale, and the things never come up used. Maybe the Quik-Fold 2.0, that's come down a lot.

Solid ponder and the COBRA Amp cell fairways were great clubs at demo day.
Would it replace the mashie hybrid?
What is your gap like from M4 to Altitude 4?
Have you considered the 3 Altitude?
Good luck with the ponder!

The gap on the M4 and Altitude 4 is to close imho. I don't think I would go with the 3 Altitude over the 5-7 FW because it (the 5-7) gives me allot more adjust-ability and options.

Seemore M-3...

Grip change for my Altitudes, have never used these before but the reviews looks pretty good and matched to my black shafts would look clean I think.
dritac-dkgrey.jpg

I had them on my driver and wedges for a while. They were a little soft for my liking, but more importantly they wore REALLY fast.

The gap on the M4 and Altitude 4 is to close imho. I don't think I would go with the 3 Altitude over the 5-7 FW because it (the 5-7) gives me allot more adjust-ability and options.

I can understand the versitility issue and the COBRA Amp cell woods. They were very strong performers when I hit them earlier this year. They surprised me, I had not even planned to hit them. The rep set up the 5/7 wood for me and it was the clear performance winner of the group, but all three I hit (hit the driver also) were straight up strong performers. The one thing that impressed me was the strong ball flight, high but very piercing and they were excellant from the tee also. I think the 5/7 wood was set at its highest loft setting and the 3/4 was right in the middle. I'm sure you will be happy with this club.

Last edited:
I had them on my driver and wedges for a while. They were a little soft for my liking, but more importantly they wore REALLY fast.

Really? I have them on every club and mine have not wore hardly at all. They are very durable to me. I am a sucker for a soft grip, so these are perfect for me.

Kusala Indigo 56s for the Amp Cell...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back