Ben Hogan Golf Balls

dhartmann34

Reaction score
Handicap
I stopped at the PGA Superstore for a little bit yesterday and saw they had Ben Hogan Legend golf balls. A few different types. Has anyone seen these or given them a try? They seemed pretty 'rockish' to me...Even the 'soft' ones. Opinions?

I haven't hit them, but I've seen them on sale at Steinmart, which isn't a good sign.

I haven't hit them, but I've seen them on sale at Steinmart, which isn't a good sign.

Not surprising however, because they normally sell some stuff owned by Perry Ellis. Which is the owner of this line.

Not surprising however, because they normally sell some stuff owned by Perry Ellis. Which is the owner of this line.

I didn't even think about that connection. You are wise.

Rock hard surlyn covers and not very good honestly, at least not the few I've hit. They remind me a lot of the old top flites or pinnacles, hard as rocks.

I think I seen these at Bealls outlet, which is a weird thing. XD

So far I haven't been disappointed by the latest Ben Hogan stuff...might give them a look next time I'm at Wally's.

I remember the Hogan "Hawk" balls back when I used to caddy - they were super soft from what I remember - try them out!

Back