As I sit here and stare at the monitor, figured this was as good of a place as any for advice :D

My wife and I have 4 month old twin girls. We're slowly trying to get away from rocking them until they fall asleep, to trying to get them to fall asleep in their cribs. Any suggestions or tips? If someone is holding the they'll sleep forever. When they're in a swing, glider or crib, they maybe sleep for 30 minutes.

As I sit here and stare at the monitor, figured this was as good of a place as any for advice :D

My wife and I have 4 month old twin girls. We're slowly trying to get away from rocking them until they fall asleep, to trying to get them to fall asleep in their cribs. Any suggestions or tips? If someone is holding the they'll sleep forever. When they're in a swing, glider or crib, they maybe sleep for 30 minutes.

My wife would stop rocking our daughter and just hold her then I would pick her up and put her down. We did that for about 2 weeks and each day I would pick her up a little earlier and lay her down in the crib, to the point that finally I would just pick her up at bed time and put her in the crib. First couple nights she would cry pretty good for about 5 minutes and I had to keep the wife from going in there but she finally would fall asleep. We finally got to where we can put her in the crib and she will lay down until she falls asleep.

I still rock Lotte at 13mo. I'll do it as long as she will let me too honestly. Though as time goes on, she already wants to less and less. We rock and she settles, but she get put down awake now because she isn't comfortable.

I stressed like no other about this, and in the end friend here told me there was no wrong way, just our way.

I still rock Lotte at 13mo. I'll do it as long as she will let me too honestly. Though as time goes on, she already wants to less and less. We rock and she settles, but she get put down awake now because she isn't comfortable.

I stressed like no other about this, and in the end friend here told me there was no wrong way, just our way.

There will be other things that come after the rocking times, you'll find them and love them. Even at 21 I still get those "rocking times" just not at my convienece. ?

I like that last part. I love rocking the girls to sleep and letting them lay on me for a bit. Such a great way to end the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man. Childcare is EXPENSIVE. Just got the year end statement for tax purposes and i gotta say, wish i didnt see how much we spent on daycare last year. People dont spend that on mortgages

Man. Childcare is EXPENSIVE. Just got the year end statement for tax purposes and i gotta say, wish i didnt see how much we spent on daycare last year. People dont spend that on mortgages

Public-school can't come soon enough!

Public-school can't come soon enough!
No kidding. And we got super lucky this year. Our oldest is part of the first all day free kindergarten in our city. It was $3,500 for full day or free for half day. They passed the bill to have it all free full day last August.

We dropped $7k on the daycare/preschool my son goes to. I love how the "credit" we get is less than half of what I paid.

No kidding. And we got super lucky this year. Our oldest is part of the first all day free kindergarten in our city. It was $3,500 for full day or free for half day. They passed the bill to have it all free full day last August.

Lucky you, the school district we're in doesn't offer full day kindergarten. Only half day so we will still have daycare costs to pay next year.

We dropped $7k on the daycare/preschool my son goes to. I love how the "credit" we get is less than half of what I paid.

Lucky you, the school district we're in doesn't offer full day kindergarten. Only half day so we will still have daycare costs to pay next year.
Not even half is an understatement. This year we paid $12,600 in daycare. I bet we get maybe $1,000 credit for it

Not even half is an understatement. This year we paid $12,600 in daycare. I bet we get maybe $1,000 credit for it

Damn it man, that's crazy expensive. The private school in town isn't even that expensive for 4 kids. I think you guys should just move up here to Grand Rapids.

whoo...that's advice I wish I could give. LOL. Our daughter slept in our bed or in a rocker in our room until she was 8 months I think, it seemed like forever.
We finally just started putting her in her bed and letting her cry. Honestly it took a couple of weeks before she would just lay down and sleep. We still have the bedtime battles, it doesn't help that she seems to be a night owl by nature.

Someone else said it best, what works for you works for you. Good luck.

Between our nanny and preschool, We have to commit over 1/4 of our monthly salaries each month. That will be a welcome boon to savings when that ends in a year or so.

I hear you man. We literally spend as much on daycare monthly as what our monthly mortgage payment is. We could have a lot of really nice things with the money we spend on the kids!

Dang, I hope it's not that bad. I thought we got about a $3k "credit" for it but then again when the CPA is doing our taxes she flies through and is throwing numbers around. Either way it's depressing.

I hear you man. We literally spend as much on daycare monthly as what our monthly mortgage payment is. We could have a lot of really nice things with the money we spend on the kids!

Yep. I could have me a nice truck with what I pay in childcare a month.

Dang, I hope it's not that bad. I thought we got about a $3k "credit" for it but then again when the CPA is doing our taxes she flies through and is throwing numbers around. Either way it's depressing.

Yep. I could have me a nice truck with what I pay in childcare a month.

Yea expensive is an understatement. We have 3 boys under 4 and the youngest just started daycare yesterday. Luckily my mother in law watches them 2 days a week. We are paying $350 a week for 3 days. It would be about $500 a week for 5 days. At that point I should just stay home and watch them since my wife is definitely the breadwinner in our family. Even at what we are paying now, I have considered quitting my full time job and just work somewhere part time.

Ours has gone down a bit to around 1k a month for daycare/preschool for my son. I am guessing for 2016 we will have paid somewhere in ball park of 14 to 15k though

You get a tax credit on your return. However, it is tied to your income so the more you make the less you get. Don't count on getting the full 3K.

You get a tax credit on your return. However, it is tied to your income so the more you make the less you get. Don't count on getting the full 3K.
I don't ever count on getting the full amount. It's a nice added bonus that we didn't have in years past.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

We pay $420/week in childcare. F'ing crazy. My stomach churns when we get our tax statement.

Agreed. I have 4 month old twin girls in daycare...Bye bye salary and money to spend on golf stuff...

Agreed. I have 4 month old twin girls in daycare...Bye bye salary and money to spend on golf stuff...

FIFY.

I want to go back to just "practicing" for a kid. Well at least the money part.

I'm incredibly lucky that my wife works from home and we don't have the outrageous cost of childcare. I feel bad for you guys that have no choice, it seems crazy expensive and just a bit of a gouge.

I don't mean to be mean and a lot of people have no choice and I think some places take advantage. I thought the $350 a month for pre-k was ridiculous.

Where I am it is about 1k a month for 2 kids

Back