Votes: 31 36.5%
  • under tree, but up and over bunker

Votes: 9 10.6%

• Total voters

rollin

"Just playin golf pally"
Reaction score
Handicap
so you've missed the green. What else is new? :)
There are always some difficult situations we may find ourselves in. Sometimes they can be pretty darn bad and challenging where you just wish you magically could become Phil or some other tour player for the moment :)
Going to pick 4 bad scenarios I think are the worst. I don't know if we could hate one more than the other since they are all bad so I'll ask you to vote for which one of these evils do you think is the least evil for you. The one you would prefer if given a choice.

#1) fried egg greenside bunker lie
#2) buried in heavy rough from close in to a close pin
#3) on a downhill lie chipping down onto a green that runs down and away from you
#4) perhaps your even a bit further away, you need to keep it under low braches but also up and over a bunker

I accidentally voted for the wrong one :) hehe
Sorry screwed up my own poll a tad. But I'll take #2

Last edited:
Fried egg. Had #3 my last round. Did better than I expected on it, but it was as much luck as anything.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

#3. I'd have chosen 4 I the bunker hadn't been involved.

Definitely chipping onto a downhill sloping green for me, I'm confident in my ability to play a dead handed chip that lands very softly and at worst I have an uphill putt coming back.

Picked 3 but may have gone 4 if I knew how much green to work with between bunker and pin. If plenty, I would have gone with that over 3.

I'll take: #3) on a downhill lie chipping down onto a green that runs down and away from you

Had that shot 2 days ago and put it to about 12 feet from around 25-30 yards. I'll take it.

I considered #1 but finally settled on #3, I really don't like any of the choices.

Depends on how much room I have to work with on #4. If there's a lot of green to roll the ball, that may not be too tough of a shot.

Otherwise, fried egg for me.

Gimmie #1. Results can't be much worse than my typical sand shot.

#1, I don't think it's too bad of a situation

Interesting little questions, all of which do not sound fun. I went with the fried egg bunker shot, think it's the one I could do the most with.

Can I pick none of the above!

I voted #3..I think that scenario would offer the best chance for a shot with good results.

#1) fried egg greenside bunker lie
I can play the bunkers better than the others you named.

Edit, well I read the question wrong.

Id prefer either #3 or #4.

#2 is my kryptonite

We're you following my round this weekend? Lol
I'd rather have the fried egg, bunker play has been strong lately.

#1) fried egg greenside bunker lie - Nope, hate it and I consider myself a pretty good bunker player.

#2) buried in heavy rough from close in to a close pin - Not a bad choice; the open face wedge is a shot I can often handle,

#3) on a downhill lie chipping down onto a green that runs down and away from you - NO, NO, NO

#4) perhaps your even a bit further away, you need to keep it under low braches but also up and over a bunker - I'd choose this one. A chance to be creative but I won't feel bad if I don't pull it off.

Any one of those is screaming triple bogey so I abstained.

#4) perhaps your even a bit further away, you need to keep it under low braches but also up and over a bunker - I'd choose this one. A chance to be creative but I won't feel bad if I don't pull it off.

Yea, I know what you mean. At my most played local muni its all elevated greens and also a park-like setting so there are some nice trees close by greens and I have been (as well as others) in this scenario often enough. Its a great feeling when you get a bit creative with this and see it work. But of course doesn't always work but sometimes you get lucky too and end up ok anyway. The worst part is hitting out of this situation and then ending up in one of the others :)

Give me the fried egg any day over the other 3 situations. That'll at least give me expectations of being on the green. Short sided bunker is a close second.

I'd go with #4. Under tree but up and over a bunker. Odds of me getting this shot close to pin is greater than the others, just due to the fact the lie might be decent enough where I could spin it and stop it. All the others would either be a bad lie, or hard to stop it without a perfect shot.

#3 because I find myself in that scenario almost every round at my course. I don't mind putting back uphill

I'll take the fried egg.
I seem to do pretty well with those.

I was torn between 1 and 2...voted for 2. Give me the thick rough over the sand I guess. The other choices, I'd have very little success with. And by that I mean no shot.

Fried egg, then downhill chip, low ball and rough.

I pride myself that I'm good with eggs :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back