Courses in financial trouble or closing?

White Hawk CC in crown point indiana . Beautiful / hard and very very long . 27 holes in peril of foreclosure , yet they refuse to drop green fees . Feel awful for there future , but they are making no attempts to bring more play to this higher end $$$ course

water is the biggest issue for course around here a local 36 hole shut down 18 to make sure they could water the other 18

There was an article recently about the city buying out a course on the others side of town in order to create more green space (they were willing to sell because the economics of operating the course are tough). We've see private courses lower their initiation fees and get creative to entice new members. We have seen sources that were meant to be private go semi private instead. But we've been pretty fortunate to not have courses closing.

We had one muni close recently. The city wanted to use the land for an outlet mall. It's been closed for about 2 months now...the city counsel is still debating on the mall. It wasn't exactly a resort course...but there are not many cheap courses around here and that was one of them.
I'm more than willing to sacrafice great conditions for lower price. But now I have to drive about 40min and cross state lines to find somewhere to play for less than $40.

It's been a while since I was stationed there but Stumpy Lake and Red Wing were usually under $40 and in pretty good condition usually.

Back