2016 THP Club Clash - The Gold Standard In Club Testing Sponsored By Evolve Golf

Great info from this thread all weekend long guys, thank you so much!

Ahhhh. I did not wake up at Hammock beach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can tell everyone had an absolute blast, and that brings a smile to my face.

Excited to see all of the data compiled and see "real world" data from "real golfers". None of this OEM advertising or Gold Medal crap.

I can tell everyone had an absolute blast, and that brings a smile to my face.

Excited to see all of the data compiled and see "real world" data from "real golfers". None of this OEM advertising or Gold Medal crap.

I learned a ton from watching the Flight Scope for nearly 5 hours.

Excited to see all the data compiled for the equipment.

8 Drivers were given away at #THPClubClash
The winners all got to choose what they would like.

3 Callaway XR & XR Pro
2 Cobra F6+
1 TaylorMade M1
1 Tour Edge Exotics E9
1 Mizuno JPX-EZ

I'm off job hunting, fingers crossed for a golf course mechanic interview

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 Callaway XR & XR Pro
2 Cobra F6+
1 TaylorMade M1
1 Tour Edge Exotics E9
1 Mizuno JPX-EZ

Good info and says something in and of itself as these dudes saw the numbers in realtime.

Good info and says something in and of itself as these dudes saw the numbers in realtime.
I would have never guessed the F6 plus would be the driver for me.
It is my new best friend

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

3 Callaway XR & XR Pro
2 Cobra F6+
1 TaylorMade M1
1 Tour Edge Exotics E9
1 Mizuno JPX-EZ

Who ended up with the EZ?

There was a Social Media contest held yesterday, that I ended up winning.

For me, picking a driver was tough as the M1 and the XR16 were neck and neck for me. In the end, I went with what I found to be more consistent throughout the entire weekend (range and course), and that was the XR16.

Follow up question: how many of the participants left confident one of the drivers tested would offer a consistent increase in distance and/or fairway-finding compared to the current gamer?

Follow up question: how many of the participants left confident one of the drivers tested would offer a consistent increase in distance and/or fairway-finding compared to the current gamer?
I believe the XR16 will be able to replace my Cleveland Black. Honestly though, it quite reminds me of it, both in terms of feel and results. I think the XR 16 was a touch longer for me.

There were a couple/few that I hit over the weekend that I thought were improvements on my current gamer.

I'll be searching for an XR16 Pro before it's all said and done.

not sure of I will find more fairways than my current gamer and I may see some added distance based on the LM numbers from what I choose. It still comes down to the Indian to properly use the arrow but I know that whatever driver purchase I make will be the right choice. I just need to digest my mental notes and look back at the info from the ones I am pondering to determine which route I go and may have to buy two and do more extensive testing in my normal playing conditions.

I can guarantee many at the event gained a lot of knowledge about what works for them and even better an entire community is getting honest and personal,feedback form 24 regular golfer who they can talk to and ask questions to about what they saw, plus crunched numbers from THP HQ to provide he community and those who com check out the site with a bunch of great info.

This is event will definitely change the game.

I believe the XR16 will be able to replace my Cleveland Black. Honestly though, it quite reminds me of it, both in terms of feel and results. I think the XR 16 was a touch longer for me.

the few shots I seen you hit with this and some others I think you made the right call

There were a couple/few that I hit over the weekend that I thought were improvements on my current gamer.

I'll be searching for an XR16 Pro before it's all said and done.
For sure thought you would be searching for an F5.

There was a Social Media contest held yesterday, that I ended up winning.

For me, picking a driver was tough as the M1 and the XR16 were neck and neck for me. In the end, I went with what I found to be more consistent throughout the entire weekend (range and course), and that was the XR16.
If I remember from reading the thread. You really liked the Cobra Max and had good results. Was it just too much SGI for you?

Does the XR16 launch high enough for you?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

It's a great question. Honestly there were a handful that I could plug in my bag and not blink. Xr16, m2, 816dbd, xr pro (current gamer), cobra f6+, and ping g with ear plugs. Seriously out of all drivers there were only a couple that I wouldn't be able to game with right shaft pairing. With so many options out there, it allows the golfers to choose based on preference of look and sound out of multiple offerings delivering similar numbers.

That is a tough question. One of the reasons I went xr16 pro for the contest win is the forgiveness in a low spin design. That said a miss is still a miss to me and when I miss it is usually pretty darn bad and dead no matter what driver I have in my hand however my miss is heel and while some are worse than others nothing is going to be great down there . I saw some extreme results from driver to driver on distance though the longest driver I hit was the m1 which is my current gamer. Again though it was not super consistent. Many of my issues with consistency were my driver swing this weekend just not being there nothing to do with head designs.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Thanks to the generosity of JonD, I came home with the other Cobra F6+. While I stupidly did not take pictures of my completed cards before turning them in, of the 10 or so drivers I put on one of the two monitors, there were three that gave me really good numbers...the Cobra F6+, the Cobra F6, and the Ping G Series LS. I fight really high spin numbers, even without ridiculously high launch, so I had a bunch of others that while they were easy to hit, I was in the 5-6K rpm spin range.

While I would have been pretty happy with any of the three, I opted away from the G Series mainly due to the elongated, flatter head (purely visual), but have to say that I am thrilled that they added that LS Tec last year as that will provide me an option into that series that I had previously pretty much avoided. Between the F6+ and F6, I opted for the F6+ for the greater slide track adjustability options, and the purely cosmetic fact that I could get the Grey/Green one over the black F6. The numbers with stock shafts were pretty similar with all three, so it allowed me to nitpick.

When we got to the range Friday and were given the instruction to expand outside of our comfort zone, I went to the F6+ as the first club I hit. I have not been a big fan of Cobra drivers or their color schemes/marketing targets in the past as I felt they were missing the mainstream consumers to appeal to solely a younger demographic. Once I saw the numbers I was getting, I couldn't have cared less about any of that other stuff (although Cobra has certainly improved there too).

On the course, getting to hit, and hit well, the Mizuno JPX-EZ and Cobra Max both just really hit on the head what this event was about. These are clubs I wouldn't have even picked up in the store due to my quickly formed preconceived notions. There were others that didn't agree with me well, but hearing the wide variety of answers to the oft-asked question of "What are you hitting well?" really drove home the point that all these options are a great thing, and that as the consumer it is all about finding the best fit among all the great options more than it is about deeming clubs purely winners and losers. Personal preference will always play a role, but in the times I have been fit in the past or spent good amounts of time with qualitative data as we did this weekend, I have always been surprised on what the result was. I just tend to forget that fact and fall back into the abyss of endless options.

]

I don't think I hit anything farther than I do my gamer, last years XR is the highest launching driver I've hit I believe. I do think there were several options which were more consistent for me. Notably the Srixon, JPX EZ and Exotics EX9

If I remember from reading the thread. You really liked the Cobra Max and had good results. Was it just too much SGI for you?

Does the XR16 launch high enough for you?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
The Max was fun to hit, for sure. It launched high, and I believe with a proper fitting on it, I could get more distance out of it. It was not as long as other clubs I hit this weekend, though.

Xr16 launches plenty high for me, have some numbers on my driver card that I can share when I get them out of my bag.

For me it might be close, id love to get the Prime straight up against the XR at some point and see who reigns superior

Back