Get Cured Team Match Play - THP Event in NY

hole of the day

This hole is downhill. Grip it and rip it. I go over the left bunker and fade it back into the fairway. With enough roll, you'll get on the green. Check this hole out on Google maps. The bunkers aren't as big as the picture makes them seem. Depending on our weather and the season, the marsh area on the left side (shown as water) will be dry or wet.

This hole is downhill. Grip it and rip it. I go over the left bunker and fade it back into the fairway. With enough roll, you'll get on the green. Check this hole out on Google maps. The bunkers aren't as big as the picture makes them seem. Depending on our weather and the season, the marsh area on the left side (shown as water) will be dry or wet.

thanks for giving us the insider look, this is much aprpeciated.

I'll start my drive at the right bunker and let it fade towards the green then

thanks for giving us the insider look, this is much aprpeciated.

I'll start my drive at the right bunker and let it fade towards the green then

Being a lefty might be an advantage on this hole. The opening to the green is a little bigger than it looks from the posted picture too.

I agree. Im curious on how people react to putting a new putter in play. I have a feeling it will take a few holes and then by day 2, everybody will be locked in.
During the local demo day, the cx2 rolled fantastic from the first stroke but speed was iffy. It took me a few tries to get the feel down. It rolls so true off the face I don't see anyone struggling with that aspect.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Late to the party on the team picks, but I'm going to throw my support behind team green.

Very curious to see how everyone varies he weights, love that you can make the CX series a toe hang putter

I am not a fan of the shape of this hole. Just does not fit my eye at all. I will however make it work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We all know you'll be sitting directly in the middle of the fairway, right between the two bunkers. Let's not kid ourselves.

Who's getting some practice in this weekend?

Putting inside is all I can do, 3" of snow here today. Next week is looking promising though.

Putting inside is all I can do, 3" of snow here today. Next week is looking promising though.

I feel your pain. We got a couple inches from a storm earlier this week but it's cleared up in the past couple days thanks to some rain. Not sure what shape courses will be in though.

Just hit balls at the range. Too cold still for golf, but weather looks like its going to turn around mid next week and I'll be getting out several times for sure. This event will only be a month away, need to get my game ready.

I feel your pain. We got a couple inches from a storm earlier this week but it's cleared up in the past couple days thanks to some rain. Not sure what shape courses will be in though.

love your new avatar bud

25421423674_bc8602ff32_b.jpg
[/URL]Hole 15 by Matt P, on Flickr[/IMG]

25423657283_0d5f02bfaa_b.jpg
[/URL]hole 16 by Matt P, on Flickr[/IMG]

these are the two holes that could hurt, 15 is long, and is out of my comfort zone. and 16 is tricky, you better carry those bunkers

2 more good looking holes there, thanks for posting.

Crazy to think this event is basically only a month away. Finally going to be able to get some serious prep in this week with better weather, booked tee times for Friday and Saturday.

Glad to see our Captain isn't scared to take on one of the best. Nice THP callout Greggdrews! Great match play prep for this event.

it was nice out today, high 20s and sunny so I went to the range in hope of getting the winter rust off. I worked on irons and 50-90 yard pitches and I have to say it went much better than expected. I hope team White is ready.

the final 2 holes look like a tough test.

i am ready for this
26026166315_5bec127219_b.jpg
[/URL]Hole 17 by Matt P, on Flickr[/IMG]

25933616042_f5bf69c2a7_b.jpg
[/URL]Hole 18 by Matt P, on Flickr[/IMG]

Looks to be a great finishing hole there. Classic risk/reward par 5. How much of the water do you take on off the tee etc. Love it. Hope we get a lot of close matches that are settled there....

Tough two holes to finish on if the match is close, just don't go left off the tee.

The course looks like it will be a fun play. It should provide some interesting matches as well. Can't wait.

Matches should be interesting coming down the stretch, always comes down to good putting though and that's what this event is all about!

great finishing holes, I can't wait to play that course, and to try that brand new CX1!

Hard to believe it's just over a month away! Excited to get out this week and work on some things at the range!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just getting caught up in here after a long weekend.

15- Straight away par 4 with a generous landing area off the tee. Just make sure you can carry the right bunker or fade it around it. Obviously avoid the bunkers at the left of the green.

16- Depending on where the tees are, you can carry the left bunkers to the wide fairway landing area. That will give you a better shot at the green. If you want to play safe off the tee, your shot into the green will have to carry some bunkers unless you fade it in.

17- The front bunkers look closer to the green from the tee than they actually are. Short is better than long here, and right obviously better than left.

18- Great finishing hole that I hope some matches are decided on. If you decided to bite some of the fairway off and go over the water, make sure you go far enough left or right to avoid potentially running through the fairway and ending up in the bunker on the right. At the green, there is a bail out area to the right of the bunker. I can see everyone standing around the green now, waiting to see who gets wet, who plays it safe, and who plays it just right for the win...

Just getting caught up in here after a long weekend.

15- Straight away par 4 with a generous landing area off the tee. Just make sure you can carry the right bunker or fade it around it. Obviously avoid the bunkers at the left of the green.

16- Depending on where the tees are, you can carry the left bunkers to the wide fairway landing area. That will give you a better shot at the green. If you want to play safe off the tee, your shot into the green will have to carry some bunkers unless you fade it in.

17- The front bunkers look closer to the green from the tee than they actually are. Short is better than long here, and right obviously better than left.

18- Great finishing hole that I hope some matches are decided on. If you decided to bite some of the fairway off and go over the water, make sure you go far enough left or right to avoid potentially running through the fairway and ending up in the bunker on the right. At the green, there is a bail out area to the right of the bunker. I can see everyone standing around the green now, waiting to see who gets wet, who plays it safe, and who plays it just right for the win...

Any idea (estimate) how far it is to carry the water on 18? Obviously depends how much you cut off, but ballpark?

Back