Electronics Pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what do you guys think for a home entertainment system - Harmony Elite or Control4?

So what do you guys think for a home entertainment system - Harmony Elite or Control4?
I was pondering the same... Ended up
Buying an iPad mini, and the harmony ultimate Hun and the iPad now controls everything...

I was pondering the same... Ended up
Buying an iPad mini, and the harmony ultimate Hun and the iPad now controls everything...
Do you find being without an actual remote is cumbersome? I like knowing and feeling where physical buttons are and not having to stare at the remote when navigating. That's the only downside I can think of.

Do you find being without an actual remote is cumbersome? I like knowing and feeling where physical buttons are and not having to stare at the remote when navigating. That's the only downside I can think of.
It comes with an actual remote as well but I like having the iPad for ease of use, I only use the remote when I forget to charge the iPad
bf6f05525cab831837271b6b87ceb046.jpg

It comes with an actual remote as well but I like having the iPad for ease of use, I only use the remote when I forget to charge the iPad
Cool! I misread your response.

Why'd you decide on the Harmony? Control4 has the same ability to be used with a smartphone and tablet.

Cool! I misread your response.

Why'd you decide on the Harmony? Control4 has the same ability to be used with a smartphone and tablet.

I used to work at an electronics store that did custom built home theater systems that had harmony in stores but not control4 so I was very familiar with its use, and their customer service is pretty damn good. Easy to set up the remote/iPad, easy to create macros (when I press "play tv" automatically turn on receiver, set receiver to dvr, turn on Verizon dvr, turn on tv) I haven't heard bad things about control4, I've just heard great things with harmony and was very familiar with it

No longer a ponder. Picked up 43 inch TV for the bedroom. It has to Roku built in to it which is nice. Now just gotta mount it.

Really need to get a new phone. Hate how they're priced so I'll probably buy straight out which means $500+ ugh. Probably go with another iPhone as ive never had an android.

Surface pro 4 acquired thanks to 0% interest at best buy. Got everything but a case any recommendations

Surface pro 4 acquired thanks to 0% interest at best buy. Got everything but a case any recommendations

Case? I don't use one as the keyboard acts as one.

Oh and it was cheaper than the 2 or 3 SP3 versions they had on their site

What specs did you end up?

Oh and it was cheaper than the 2 or 3 SP3 versions they had on their site

Nice. Enjoy it man. You used mine on the road in Cali and I know its going to be great for traveling. One of the best features is its ability to hold a MicroSD card. I keep all of the movies for travel on the card, so no need to use the HD.

Nice. Enjoy it man. You used mine on the road in Cali and I know its going to be great for traveling. One of the best features is its ability to hold a MicroSD card. I keep all of the movies for travel on the card, so no need to use the HD.
Yeah i doubt id ever use up 128 but good to know i can. And i may try to make this my work computer too will see how that goes next week

Yeah i doubt id ever use up 128 but good to know i can. And i may try to make this my work computer too will see how that goes next week

And pro tip. When flying and using it for movies only, don't keep the keyboard attached. Its powered by the tablet and you don't need to use the battery.

And pro tip. When flying and using it for movies only, don't keep the keyboard attached. Its powered by the tablet and you don't need to use the battery.
What kinda of life for the battery do you see on normal use and movies?

Thinking of upgrading my Surface Pro to a Surface Pro 3 or 4. I know the keyboard that came out with the 4 is better, but can be used with the SP3. Any other advantages of the 4 over the 3?

What kinda of life for the battery do you see on normal use and movies?

Plenty to last me to Cali.

Thinking of upgrading my Surface Pro to a Surface Pro 3 or 4. I know the keyboard that came out with the 4 is better, but can be used with the SP3. Any other advantages of the 4 over the 3?

Not to me, but 441 might have more info soon.

I dont have enough time with either but the google machine had a few solid comparison reviews of each if u wanna try there. If there was a huge price gap i would have pondered the 3 more but for the difference and the financing for me it made it much easier

Ugh.

Getting beat to the electronics purchase by 441.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back