Desert Club - Worth it?

I don't think I would use one. I can live with scuff marks ( they can be buffed out - sometimes) and what are the odds it would the correct one for the shot ?

Not sure you're just talking scuff marks ... dings, gouges, etc from hitting rocks.

Not for me. I don't live in the desert but I dig enough trenches that my clubs have plenty of wear marks and run ins with pebbles. My clubs are tools and I don't shy away from using them as they are intended. (Yes, even my Grandaddy clubs)

When I have played in the desert its been fun rounds and we instituted the "fold up your towel and play from there" rule. For a tournament I would just do my best not to put myself in that position and take an unplayable if needed.

The times I have played in Scottsdale/Phoenix, we decided to bring a club only for that. I chose an old putter. Only used it in the desert. Just carried an extra club. We didn't care, we were having fun.

I don't know what I would do if I lived there. I don't play in tournaments nor for money, so I think we would do the same as a general rule.

Still have no idea if I'll need one - my best guess is that I won't play one but I'll travel with one for the practice rounds to see what I'm in for.

I would probably kust use my oldest wedge. They get replaced the quickest anyways

I would, say like and 8 or 9 iron!

Nah, I'll just beat my clubs up. I've had to play from some not so great lies and tore up clubs before, it is what it is.

Yes to the desert club for me. I carry a 15th club to do it. To hell with the rules, I'm not destroying a club.

I currently carry a 31° hybrid as my desert club for desert/arroyo shots. If I play in a tournament, I'll take my 5i out and keep the hybrid. I'm playing with new clubs so I do not wish to damage them in the arroyo. Unfortunately the other alternative of not hitting it into the arroyo is not an option.

Nah, I'll just beat my clubs up. I've had to play from some not so great lies and tore up clubs before, it is what it is.

Don't go scuffing up those F5's.

No, i wouldn't be there that long. If i lived there yes. Also, i would probably go cast if I lived out there.

Other solution, don't hit in the desert.

Sign me up for a dessert club.

No, i wouldn't be there that long. If i lived there yes. Also, i would probably go cast if I lived out there.

Other solution, don't hit in the desert.

Sign me up for a dessert club.
Hehehe

SavillesDessert_Club-231x300.jpg

Smalls would just use his putter.

Oh yeah??
Ford Black (I think #WHU) with clear coat. No paintfill. I have been putting too good without it and don't want to jinx myself!

putter1_zps0fbd7884.jpg

Holy crap, Smalls!!!

I don't use a desert club ... and I am in the desert more than fairway some days ... plus I use it as an excuse for new clubs :)

I thought about bringing a desert club for the gauntlet, but I think I'm going going to use my wedges in there. I know I'll find some desert during my round at least once or twice.

It'll just be another reason to get new wedges!

Sent from my SM-G928W8 using Tapatalk

I just use my normal clubs if I chew them up to much I guess it is time for new ones

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Think I will bring an older wedge for The Gauntlet. I am sure I will need it.

Is the first rule of dessert club to not talk about dessert club?

I have one. I play about 10 rounds a year in Arizona, and those rocks can really scuff up a club after 1 swing.

I only use my 60* wedge in the rocks. My rescues are a couple years old now, so in a tournament if I HAD to use one of them I will, but that's it.

Back