2013 ESPN Best Ball Majors Challenge: PGA Championship

After a woeful British Open and a not-so-good Thursday, I've finally had a good scoring day. Just need to be 14 shots better than everyone else over the next couple of days to win the overall - no problem!!!! :beat-up:

Changed up the lineup for the weekend due to some missed cuts.

Hated not using any morning guys today. My earliest guy is MAJ at 12:25 ET.

Hated not using any morning guys today. My earliest guy is MAJ at 12:25 ET.

I'm all afternoon tee times. None of the morning guys appealed to me very much. I got to the -18 I wanted but I need very good rounds from these guys to get close to Kyle.

Still holding the lead, I hope I can finish strong!!!

Not a whole lot of birdies out there today.

Wholesale changes for tomorrow

I had a good day today. Love it.

After Round 3:

bestballpgaround3_zps7bb26007.jpg

Round leaders:
Round 1: jhstew, cookie, Icey Shanks (-13)
Round 2: BogBeastUK (-14)
Round 3: Flowmosapien, checkered, White Rhino (-9)

Tiger has 7 birdies in the tournament and 28.3% of the entries still have him on their team. Course, a lot of those are probably people who set it in the first round and haven't touched it since.

Nah, just eternal optimists who were hoping he wasn't gonna mail it in. Or idiots who didn't change him out. I'm one of those 2.

Good call Marker81 going with Poults & Jimenez -10 with just them

I sure hope Adams Scott goes low and the back nine is better than the front!!!

Thanks Jhstew! Poulter seems to like those final round payday runs. Just glad I don't have to carry all those bogeies. :)

We gave it a good effort but couldn't catch you Marker81. Good picks and congrats. I'm still hoping Rory can at least get a few more birds so I can pull out the PGA but it seems Iceyshanks may take that as well with Adam getting that hole out from the sand.

We gave it a good effort but couldn't catch you Marker81. Good picks and congrats. I'm still hoping Rory can at least get a few more birds so I can pull out the PGA but it seems Iceyshanks may take that as well with Adam getting that hole out from the sand.

Yep, I needed Dustin & Rory the make some birdies coming in but no dice

squeaked out by 1 stroke!!!

Only lost the year long by 5, not too bad!!!

Standings through round 4. Congrats Icey Shanks! Final ioverall standings coming up. We already know who won!

bestballpgaround4_zps98bab3e3.jpg

Round leaders:
Round 1: jhstew, cookie, Icey Shanks (-13)
Round 2: BogBeastUK (-14)
Round 3: Flowmosapien, checkered, White Rhino (-9)
Round 4: vman22, Smallville (-13)

Final standings for overall. Congrats, Marker81! Thanks to everyone for playing this year! Join us for The Masters next April!

bestballfinalstandings_zps96ebd045.jpg

2013 Challenge winners:
The Masters: kapsularian (-45)
The U.S. Open: Golf Ghost (-33)
The British Open: coachnd24 (-37)
PGA Championship: Icey Shanks (-43)

Congrats Marker81. I put up a dozen e series golf balls at the beginning of this, so I owe you. Let me know if you want 5, 6 or 7's and I'll have them shipped out.

Well done to IceyShanks for the PGA win and Marker81 for the overall. It's been fun playing this year and see you all again for the Masters 2014.

Thanks guys. Fist bump to iceyshanks on the PGA. Schanker, I had no idea! Thanks.

Cool format. Looking forward to next year.

Back