The Car Shopping Thread

I'm always shocked on how proud Toyota is of their trucks

They will deal on Tundras but no go on Tacos.

They sell too many. Hell some areas they sell for over MSRP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They will deal on Tundras but no go on Tacos.

They sell too many. Hell some areas they sell for over MSRP.

Tacomas are one of the FEW vehicles I might consider buying new. They hold their value ridiculously well. Hell, used and beat up 10yo Tacos sell everyday for crazy money around here.

Tacomas are one of the FEW vehicles I might consider buying new. They hold their value ridiculously well. Hell, used and beat up 10yo Tacos sell everyday for crazy money around here.

They do t lease worth a crap either but I refuse to have a 450$ car payment .

hell even 15 yr old 4x4 4Runners with 400K miles will sell for 6000 in some cases in my neck of the woods! crazy

That said, I've owned 2 different Toyotas and had a great experience with both. Shouldn't have sold my Tundra

Last edited:
JRod-

Do you have any negative experience with the Porsche Cayenne's? Or anything you've heard that would be negative from a maintenance perspective?

Well since my VW Tdi didn't happen....thank goodness.... Becky and I went and looked at a few Hyundai's the other day. She's in love with the new Sante Fe and I loved the look of the Sonata Sport. Ponder mode engaged.... Don't think we can do two new vehicles right now... We'll see. Anyone have thoughts on these?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Took a 2015 F150 Lariat for a test drive today. Let's just say I spent the last 4 hours taking the aftermarket tuner and dpf delete off my super duty so I can take her in for a trade look.

What a wonderful truck.

JRod-

Do you have any negative experience with the Porsche Cayenne's? Or anything you've heard that would be negative from a maintenance perspective?

I know a couple coworkers that have/have had them and they love them. They consider their Cayennes to be "average" with respect to reliability, and as with any Porsche, expect Porsche parts/labor pricing (ie. a lot of dough). I say this as a Porsche fanatic. My number one favorite brand. Common issues with some of the previous generations (if you're looking used) are with the fuel pump failing and coolant pipes cracking.

Well since my VW Tdi didn't happen....thank goodness.... Becky and I went and looked at a few Hyundai's the other day. She's in love with the new Sante Fe and I loved the look of the Sonata Sport. Ponder mode engaged.... Don't think we can do two new vehicles right now... We'll see. Anyone have thoughts on these?

My parents have a 15 Sante Fe Sport and love it. Real nice. I think it's their third or fourth Sante Fe in the last 15 or so years?

I know a few coworkers with Sonatas who like them. Good looking car. I prefer my Fusion, but the Sonata is high on my list based on just looks. Hard to beat Hyundais warranty.

My parents have a 15 Sante Fe Sport and love it. Real nice. I think it's their third or fourth Sante Fe in the last 15 or so years?

I know a few coworkers with Sonatas who like them. Good looking car. I prefer my Fusion, but the Sonata is high on my list based on just looks. Hard to beat Hyundais warranty.
Thanks!!

My wife has a 13 Elantra and it's a nice car. Love the warranty for sure.... Especially after all the nonsense I've had with my 09 Malibu. I dread Chevy even though I really like the looks of the new Impala and Malibu.

Our elantra has been pretty reliable and we also have had our eye ont he new sonota and santa fe. both are really nice but can get pretty pricey when you start adding stuff as you probably saw. I did have a co-worker that got a lemon sonata but other than that I havent heard anything bad about them.

They are really sharp though.

Our elantra has been pretty reliable and we also have had our eye ont he new sonota and santa fe. both are really nice but can get pretty pricey when you start adding stuff as you probably saw. I did have a co-worker that got a lemon sonata but other than that I havent heard anything bad about them.

Yeah I was pretty surprised when I saw the price of the Sante Fe!

I know a couple coworkers that have/have had them and they love them. They consider their Cayennes to be "average" with respect to reliability, and as with any Porsche, expect Porsche parts/labor pricing (ie. a lot of dough). I say this as a Porsche fanatic. My number one favorite brand. Common issues with some of the previous generations (if you're looking used) are with the fuel pump failing and coolant pipes cracking.

Thanks. I know routine maintenance and stuff will have to be done so not worried about that, just curious on any crazy issues that have popped up to sway me away.

I have an opportunity to buy my old boss's and its a 2014 with 28k miles. Hopefully JRod can chime in if he's heard anything.

Thanks. I know routine maintenance and stuff will have to be done so not worried about that, just curious on any crazy issues that have popped up to sway me away.

I have an opportunity to buy my old boss's and its a 2014 with 28k miles. Hopefully JRod can chime in if he's heard anything.

I'm not too familiar with Porsches other than my father owning 3 or 4 twenty years ago .

I know I did an oil change on one and it was like 200$ hehe.

I'm not too familiar with Porsches other than my father owning 3 or 4 twenty years ago .

I know I did an oil change on one and it was like 200$ hehe.

That's about what I've seen. If I get this one it has an extended warranty and it's complimentary oil changes included, but the tires, brakes and other crap I'll have to cover worries me. The wife wants it & im trying to dissuade her lol

That's about what I've seen. If I get this one it has an extended warranty and it's complimentary oil changes included, but the tires, brakes and other crap I'll have to cover worries me. The wife wants it & im trying to dissuade her lol

Yah they are very expensive to maintain.

I have a 2012 Genesis Sedan and my wife has the 2014 Sante Fe limited 7-seater. The Sante Fe is great, no problems but the Genesis has some issues that Hyundai refuses to address. They are good cars but dealer service and overall customer service leaves something to be desired.

Ooof, found a truck on the way to work this morning. Quick turn around to look at the price. 68k....Seriously for a truck....nah I'm good with my 2006.

Ooof, found a truck on the way to work this morning. Quick turn around to look at the price. 68k....Seriously for a truck....nah I'm good with my 2006.
Trucks are outrageous. Even used trucks around me are going for 25k-35k

Porsche brakes are NOT cheap. I would not be surprised if a 4-wheel rotor & pad job is north of $1.5-2k. A lot of their rotors you can't turn, either. In this respect, a good/reputable Porsche independent shop will be gold to you.

Diesel or? 70k is a lot of truck .

Does it drive itself?

Back