Odyssey Putters Thread

Had one of my best putting days ever today with the works versa 7 center shaft. All putts were on intended line and distance control was better than normal. After struggling on some sparse and rough greens the last two weeks, it was nice to play smooth true greens on a different course.

Coincidentally, I came home to a mxm 7 on my porch so the putter battle will continue .

Had my best round to date with the #7ch today. 30 putts and dropped a 50 foot bomb for birdie today. I had so many putts today that were perfectly rolled on the line I wanted it to go on but the greens just weren't breaking at all. Really encouraging to see some of the medium length putts drop too

The Works 7ch is such a great putter. I grabbed it because they had it on sale and I like the 7 design, but honestly, I expected it to go back for store credit at some point. I can honestly say, that isn't happening. AND, mine came with the SS 3.0 which I have never used, but man it really takes the hands out of the stroke. It just feel so good. BUT, because I am a putter ho, I just got my hands on a MXM #1. The 7 isn't going anywhere though, that thing is so solid and so easy to start out on line. Distance control is also on point... great putter, can't say enough good things about it.

Didn't think any putter shape could be better than the 7, then I rolled the Vline Fang. And, well, it's amazing. A bit more compact and just awesome.

I really hope this shape is here to stay with Odyssey.

I really hope this shape is here to stay with Odyssey.

I agree and I hope it does well in the US market so it stays here and isn't a Japan only model

Just picked up this bad boy :bomb:

2bl-top.jpg

Canadan and I traded putters a few weeks ago and this is the Odyssey Milled Collection Putter I got in exchange for my Scotty. I haven't putted on course with it yet, but I have rolled a few on the carpet and I really like it. Probably gonna play it this weekend.

ee1fd8fd6cd03b54c0572f81ff85df77.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Absolutely agree, these will take some getting used to visually. I was extremely intrigued but need to roll them again as I only had a few minutes with the #1. Need to try the #9.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Anyone else try these yet? I'm on the fence about ordering. I like the #9 style.

I've had 15 minutes with the #1 - very tempted. For a back and thru stroke the toe closes in just enough to avoid the push/block. The face feels great, a really good product at a good price point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ordered my V-Line Fang today. I tried it at GS and found it rolled really nice, I just need one at 36" since I hate bending over so far. I am also trying out the flatso 2.0 grip.

I actually went there looking for the #9 which is the style I typically roll, but this was easy on my eye and lineup was great. I was sinking quite a few putts as well. I grabbed the shea h I have been using and couldn't even get it in the hole. They feel soooooo very different.

I ordered my V-Line Fang today. I tried it at GS and found it rolled really nice, I just need one at 36" since I hate bending over so far. I am also trying out the flatso 2.0 grip.

I actually went there looking for the #9 which is the style I typically roll, but this was easy on my eye and lineup was great. I was sinking quite a few putts as well. I grabbed the shea h I have been using and couldn't even get it in the hole. They feel soooooo very different.

You're going to love it. I'm a fan of mine.

Just picked up a x milled #7, weather is terrible this weekend so I have to wait till next week to try it out....so looking forward to it!

Odyssey Putters Thread

My new Miller collection SX showed up. Already reshafted and getting dried up now.

Last edited:
That putter looks great! Curious to hear your thoughts

So far the toe up has to be the easiest putter I've ever gamed to keep the stroke solid back and thru w/o wavering. I struggle with some shake hand sometimes, this one is weighted such that it just wants to stay on an even pendulum - really liking that sensation so far

So, after all experimenting I'm back to my 2-Ball Tank with the Flatso grip. I love the feel off the face of the Rx but can't get past the weight. I've been putting with a Tank for well over 2 years and anything lighter and the head moves all over. I've enjoyed stress free putting with nothing more than tap ins if I don't make the putt and no 3 jacks at all. I've tried some lead tape but can't get enough on there to make up 50 grams. I guess I'll just have to weight for the Tank version of Rx to release, hopefully???

Spent the weekend rolling the 1W again and I am really not sure why I mess with other putters. The putter just works for me and is staying in the bag for the foreseeable future.

Spent the weekend rolling the 1W again and I am really not sure why I mess with other putters. The putter just works for me and is staying in the bag for the foreseeable future.

Heck yes you did!! And rolled it extremely well!! was fun to watch my friend.

Well here goes nothing....my good buddy Canadan sent me black series tour design to try out. I've wanted to experiment with a plumbers neck flat stick. I'm looking forward to seeing how this plays out.

Well here goes nothing....my good buddy Canadan sent me black series tour design to try out. I've wanted to experiment with a plumbers neck flat stick. I'm looking forward to seeing how this plays out.

The #2?

I think that you will really like the Black Tour Design, probably their best release IMHO.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Back