2015 Weight Loss and Nutrition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL I hear you ... I view it has a data point of a work effort, more than it represents calories. I think an old guy like me breaks their model a bit ... plus I was supposed to be in the orange, more than the red ... but I wanted the 1000 number (whatever it really is)

Either way it looks like you got a damn good workout in. Heart was beating out of your chest for sure.

TH is right.
They are all just data point numbers, because we never know exactly what we are putting into our body, or how many we are burning off. But even with a 20% margin of error, which is high, you still burned 800.

TH is right.
They are all just data point numbers, because we never know exactly what we are putting into our body, or how many we are burning off. But even with a 20% margin of error, which is high, you still burned 800.

Yep I like trying to track my calories in and my calories out via my BMR and exercise, but I certainly operate knowing it is nowhere NEAR perfect unfortunately.

LOL I hear you ... I view it has a data point of a work effort, more than it represents calories. I think an old guy like me breaks their model a bit ... plus I was supposed to be in the orange, more than the red ... but I wanted the 1000 number (whatever it really is)

Do you feel you need to already be fit to do Orange Theory? I have heard it's seriously hard core and you really need to be fit already to keep up. Is that true?

Do you feel you need to already be fit to do Orange Theory? I have heard it's seriously hard core and you really need to be fit already to keep up. Is that true?

I would say the total opposite, the instructors here let you go at your own pace. They are not in your face and will work around any injures/limitations you may have.

I always felt CrossFit was too hard core for me ... in fact, I called this Soft-core of CrossFit.

I go with my daughter, its one of our "time together" things.

Its cardio base, with treadmill, rower, and light weight work ...

I see folks of all ages and levels of fitness in the class.

I would say the total opposite, the instructors here let you go at your own pace. They are not in your face and will work around any injures/limitations you may have.

I always felt CrossFit was too hard core for me ... in fact, I called this Soft-core of CrossFit.

I go with my daughter, its one of our "time together" things.

Its cardio base, with treadmill, rower, and light weight work ...

I see folks of all ages and levels of fitness in the class.

I totally thought it was super hard core and lots of weights plus cardio. I was all wrong. That is very encouraging. Also, I love that you do that with your daughter, what a great bonding session.

I totally thought it was super hard core and lots of weights plus cardio. I was all wrong. That is very encouraging. Also, I love that you do that with your daughter, what a great bonding session.

Thanks I am so happy that age 33, single mom of two kids, she still sees physical health important ...

However, I bet if you asked her, she is doing it for the old man ... LOL ...

Thanks I am so happy that age 33, single mom of two kids, she still sees physical health important ...

However, I bet if you asked her, she is doing it for the old man ... LOL ...

I wish I could have that kind of relationship with my dad.

I just signed up to take a free class tomorrow. If I like it, that will be my Christmas present. And JB even said, if I like it he might try it too.

OT is a great workout, and great for people of all fitness. They really work WITH you to get you started and help you progress.

Now I am even more excited, thanks for the info!
Its an addicting workout. You constantly want to go harder and do better than the group you are working out with. Having the leaderboards and other peoples stats for everyone to see is an awesome motivator.

I wish I could have that kind of relationship with my dad.

I just signed up to take a free class tomorrow. If I like it, that will be my Christmas present. And JB even said, if I like it he might try it too.

Look forward to hearing how it goes for you!

Like War Eagle stated, they are really good at working with you. I never felt like they were pushing me to do anything I did not want to do. They will help you on your form with the exercises they ask you to do ... I really feel "comfortable" in the classes ... and I am introvert at heart.

My only mild complaints (if that is the right word) is the prices and available weekend classes ... other than that I like the format. I combine this with home gym stuff for more weight related stuff.

I've heard really good things about Orange Theory from everyone who's taken classes there - we just got one near work - but haven't ever been. Good luck!

Look forward to hearing how it goes for you!

Like War Eagle stated, they are really good at working with you. I never felt like they were pushing me to do anything I did not want to do. They will help you on your form with the exercises they ask you to do ... I really feel "comfortable" in the classes ... and I am introvert at heart.

My only mild complaints (if that is the right word) is the prices and available weekend classes ... other than that I like the format. I combine this with home gym stuff for more weight related stuff.

I am an introvert as well, especially in group activities like this so that's really good to hear.

Weight loss: I saw my PCP the other day as I've been struggling with my weight quite a bit. I tried a medical weight loss pill about a year ago but made no headway. She prescribed me Belviq, the plan is to try for 2-3 months if no help then we will try Vyvanse and if no help then she will recommend a surgical consult for a gastric sleeve. Say prayers that something works. If you believe in prayers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just completed my first Orange Theory class and I loved it! Burned 645 calories, however I will hate myself on the plane on Sunday, but still really enjoyed the class.

For sure, I already failed this ...... just ate chocolate bars @ 5.30 am :clap:

I just completed my first Orange Theory class and I loved it! Burned 645 calories, however I will hate myself on the plane on Sunday, but still really enjoyed the class.

So glad to hear it worked out for you! I enjoy the way they run them. Congrats!!!

So ... is JB going to give it a go?

So glad to hear it worked out for you! I enjoy the way they run them. Congrats!!!

So ... is JB going to give it a go?

I signed up for the 8 sessions to start with and by doing so they gave me a coupon for 3 free classes if he wants to try it. I actually think he will like it, but we will see if he actually goes.

My shorts starting falling off while lifting and I ran out of spots on my weightlifting belt. I needed a size smaller.

Good problems to have.

My shorts starting falling off while lifting and I ran out of spots on my weightlifting belt. I needed a size smaller.

Good problems to have.
Those are some serious milestones man, keep up the good work

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

What is "orange theory class". I apologize if this was already covered.

Boom 189.5
Still a day to go too.

What is "orange theory class". I apologize if this was already covered.

I went to a local Orange Theory Fitness studio, here's the link http://www.orangetheoryfitness.com/.

It was awesome! It's not cheap, but I loved the class so I am trying it out for a month. Doing it right before getting on a plane to California wasn't the best idea though haha, I am going to hate myself tomorrow.

I burned 645 calories in the hour class and it flew by. No one cared that I was probably one of the worst in the class, everyone just did their thing at their own pace which I really enjoyed.

I went to a local Orange Theory Fitness studio, here's the link http://www.orangetheoryfitness.com/.

It was awesome! It's not cheap, but I loved the class so I am trying it out for a month. Doing it right before getting on a plane to California wasn't the best idea though haha, I am going to hate myself tomorrow.

I burned 645 calories in the hour class and it flew by. No one cared that I was probably one of the worst in the class, everyone just did their thing at their own pace which I really enjoyed.
That is great hear! I have not been to an Orange Theory, but they are popping up here and heard good things. Seems like a lot of folks go into these types of places being self conscious, but find out most everyone is like them. Not really paying attention to anyone else, just trying to get their work done.

That's really cool. After doing my 7 week Bootcamp I believe classes are the only way to go if you aren't a die hard gym member. It's nice to have someone tell you what to do and not have to think to much about it while making progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back