Final Round Coverage - 2013 Morgan Cup

Just finished watching the last of this, a long watch, but incredible time caught on camera. Lot's of emotion, love and joy, I commend all of you for giving it your all on the course. I can't say I understand everything you all went through here, but it's easy to see why this is the ultimate amateur event ever. I actually clapped at my computer screen!

My dad and I are finally watching the coverage now.

I just hit my tee shot, here's a spoiler, I didn't top it.

Really wished we could've worked some editing magic into our opening tee shots. Haha. Think I told you the same right after you teed off Sunday as well.

And then Amol decided to play even par for the day....my goodness.

u guys skip over round 1?

u guys skip over round 1?

I watched round 1 on Friday, will try fyi watch 2 tonight. I figured if he was going too watch 2 round this was the one to watch.

Really wished we could've worked some editing magic into our opening tee shots. Haha. Think I told you the same right after you teed off Sunday as well.

And then Amol decided to play even par for the day....my goodness.

He was kinda good that day. I just watched Nate tee off, I think nerves were flowing.

Finally done watching all the coverage and reading all three coverage threads. Just want to say what an awesome job everyone did, from the players, the announcers and videographers, the sponsors, the organizers and even the fans that showed up to cheer everyone on. That made it extra special to see and hear the cheers from the spectators. So glad to be able to watch everything this year.

JB, I can see why this means so much to you. You've built something special with the Morgan Cup. I can't imagine what it must be like for you to have a dream become such a fantastic reality. I'm not an emotional person, but even I got misty watching the end of round 3 and again reading this thread. Congratulations to Team Paradise for the win and to everyone else that had a hand in this epic journey, including the people that followed along and supported it over the past months.

Now it's on to the recap thread. I have a feeling I might need a tissue or two before I finish that one as well.

In the process of watching round 3 coverage. Some great play going on and great commentary and camera work by the volunteers. Just watched Wade drain a bomb on 17 to take the match to 18 with the local ABC cameraman out there. Awesome putt.

The entire round was awesome but from the 13th tee on it just took on a whole new level for us. That was something truly amazing to be a part of.

So we had sort of been giving "honors" to the matches ie Dean and War would go off 1 then the other and then Chunky and I would go off depending on who had the honors. We get to 16 and technically Dean and War's match was going to go first but I had the honor against Chunky since I had just won 15. I was so amped up and literally jumping out of my skin I asked Dean if he cared if I hit, he said go for it and I just tee'd my ball, no practice swing just banged the ball. 6 iron from 182 that I hit about 30 feet past the hole. One of the better iron shots I've hit in a long time actually (well until 17 that is....)

Same thing happened to me. I hit a 6 iron and was deep on that green. That's a pounded club for me. I know I had some adrenaline going after dropping that putt on 16. I remember turning around on the tee box and couldn't believe how long that ball went.

I could watch this over and over again. What a day.

I rewatched about 25 minutes of singles last night again, I believe it was my 4th time viewing it...cant relive it enough

You got that right, I'd say every day of coverage get's better and better with each time I watch. I think I'm up to three times on each!

I've watched it 3 times already and there will probably be a 4th this weekend.

I've watched it 3 times already and there will probably be a 4th this weekend.

Me too bro. It is really crazy how much amazing golf was played by everyone.

I watched many different portions of it as well as all of the last of day 3 with my parents last night. They thought the coverage was awesome and a really great touch.

Each time I watch it the more orange I see in it hahaha

I want to take a minute to thank those of you who tuned into the Morgan Cup coverage this year. It means a lot to GG and myself and the 32 golfers (as well as the volunteers) that busted their butts to bring it to you. It truly is a special event and one that we are honored to be a part of.

Thanks again to those that watched it all and relived it with everybody that was there.

Couldn't imagine missing it. Extrememly rare to see the people you converse with on a daily basis become stuperstars.

It was incredible. The improvement made in coverage from 2.0 to 3.0 was mindblowing to me.

I was floored with the quality last year, and this year, it was a freaking homerun. Thanks to all of the participants for busting their butts on their golf games, and thanks to the volunteers for making this coverage happen

Couldn't imagine missing it. Extrememly rare to see the people you converse with on a daily basis become stuperstars.

There you go giving me the big head again :act-up:

In all seriousness, it was amazing getting to relive my matches and see some of the amazing shots that I'd heard about and others that I hadn't.

Back