What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

By far the best Nike ball I've played since god knows when. Holds its line well in the wind and best of all no longer has that hollow clicky sound at impact. It's not quite as durable as the TM TPX but if I could get them at a good price I'd play it now often. I spin the ball a lot and with this ball getting it to back up is super easy, I hate to think how much the Platinum spins, lol.

Bridgestone was doing ball fittings yesterday at the course. Got fit for the B330 RXS. Great ball and the ball was backing up on some approach shots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played a foundling TaylorMade PENTA TP3 today. Was okay, but nothing stood out. It certainly didn't have the "Wow!" factor of the TaylorMade <TOUR PREFERRED X>, another foundling that I tried out a short while ago.

I played 36 holes yesterday with new Taylormade TP X balls. I like the balls over all but I was able to cut the cover on this ball with a bladed wedge shot. I have not seen that happen since the Balata ball days. I will admit it was a full gap wedge from a fairway bunker and I hit it dead center but I have not seen a smile on a ball on years!!

Srixon Zstar XV. One of my favorites

I played a Callaway War bird for 16 holes today. I left all my good balls in my garage on accident.

Holy Shat..that thing was long and straight off the T. Even played well around greens.

18 holes on a ProV1, switched from Noodles, huge difference for me.

I played with the Nike 20IX-X today and it fit my game perfectly. Had some issues off the tee but had great results from 75-190 yards. Even my long irons were hitting and stopping within 5-10 feet. Now if I could just find more of these!

Pro V1 logo over run. Great golf ball, the logo makes it easier to ID as mine.

I'd be really interested to see some comparisons in performance along with player characteristics between the Nike rzn black and platinum.

Back to Wilson Duo. This time its back for good.

Wednesday needed a dozen balls and grabbed a box of Supersofts. Lost one, wasn't the ball.
Distance wasn't anything different, on par with DUOs, E6 and pretty much everything else. Rolled out on the drives pretty well, and the occasional low draw hybrid rolled a ton.
Full approaches, I saw decent spin. nothing I don't see with the other balls. Maybe a touch more rollout on short chips, and I seemed to hit them a touch longer putting. Possibly because they're so soft and the feedback/noise is a bit muted.

Decent ball for around $21 Canadian. I could play these. I'll probably oscillate between DUOs and E6's, though.

I played with the Nike 20IX-X today and it fit my game perfectly. Had some issues off the tee but had great results from 75-190 yards. Even my long irons were hitting and stopping within 5-10 feet. Now if I could just find more of these!

I think Rock Bottom Golf has these for around $16 a dozen.

I played a Callaway Tour I (z) all day. Went 18 holes with it. Goodness I forgot how good this ball is. It's awesome off the driver and around greens.

They are so hard to find tho

Found a remaining stash of Callaway Hex Black, and put them in play. Pretty long with excellent spin into the greens. A little firm off the putter, and durability is somewhat lacking.

Taylormade project (a). I think i found a winner. Good all around performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played the E5 today, just a very solid all around ball for me.

Played the Callaway Supersoft yesterday. Good feel but I'm definitely shorter with this ball off the tee and with irons they I'm accustomed to - probably 3/4 of a club shorter

I played the chrome+ on the front 9. Still my favorite ball. Put the DUO in play on the back and kind of list me have. Nit sure why, as I like this ball. Just did not out many good swings on the ball.

Played the tour prefered today and loved it. Great ball. Was windy today and it handled the wind really well

Played the tour prefered today and loved it. Great ball. Was windy today and it handled the wind really well
The regular Tour Preferred or the X? I need to give those a try.

The regular Tour Preferred or the X? I need to give those a try.
I played the regular, if you play it yiu will love it since our games are so similar

I played the regular, if you play it yiu will love it since our games are so similar
Awesome. I've been playing the ProV1 lately since I found them for super cheap so switching to the Tour Preferred shouldn't be too massive a change.

I just picked up a couple of boxes of Top flite gamer tours. I really like this ball around the green. For me, it holds better than the duo, q-star, and zip. I seems It is not quite as long as the other 3 but It does seem to go straight off the tee without excessive spin.

Back