Yes I'm pretty spoiled living where I do with skiing 75 minutes away but year round golf as well. I'm golfing this afternoon, skiing tomorrow with my son and a couple of his buddies, and golfing on Sunday in 73* sun. Last weekend was groomers only but me and a couple buddies logged over 76,000 vertical feet on Friday/Saturday.
Yeah that would be cool. I was skiing a ton when I lived in Vermont but this winter in NY has been a bust and I'm already kinda like just bring on golf already.

What a gorgeous day it was at Mt Baker today! Pow in the morning followed up with clear skies and beautiful views.

4f3a42af3eb0d6949121f986615c7ab4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Going skiing for the first time in years in a couple weeks. I need to get a new jacket, preferably as cheap as possible because who knows how long it will be before I go again. I don't want to sacrifice warmth and waterproofing. I'm actually noticing that snowboard jackets seem to be considerably cheaper, any reason I shouldn't get one of those? Any great places to look for a deal on a jacket?

Going skiing for the first time in years in a couple weeks. I need to get a new jacket, preferably as cheap as possible because who knows how long it will be before I go again. I don't want to sacrifice warmth and waterproofing. I'm actually noticing that snowboard jackets seem to be considerably cheaper, any reason I shouldn't get one of those? Any great places to look for a deal on a jacket?

If you weren't in Florida, I'd suggest Ocean State Job Lot (regional to northeast). Since you are in FL, try Marshalls or TJ Maxx, any sporting goods store or C9 from Target for clearance stuff.

I wouldn't have thought to check TJ Maxx and the like, but I will. Any thoughts on ski vs snowboarding jackets?

I wouldn't have thought to check TJ Maxx and the like, but I will. Any thoughts on ski vs snowboarding jackets?
No real difference between ski and snowboard jackets really. More ski jackets use goretex so thatmay play a role as well. You ll be good to go with anything that is at least 10k waterproof. You can get really good online deals with great quality in the clearance section of site like evogear.com, dogfunk.com, whiskeymilitia.com, and trusnow.com. You would get better value that way over places like TJ Maxx and the like.

No big difference, there's overpriced ones on both sides. Backcountry and Evo always have good deals. What style and size are you looking for? I've got a few jackets that are almost new I'm selling. I don't hoard golf stuff but I definitely have too much ski gear lol

No big difference, there's overpriced ones on both sides. Backcountry and Evo always have good deals. What style and size are you looking for? I've got a few jackets that are almost new I'm selling. I don't hoard golf stuff but I definitely have too much ski gear lol

I'm pretty open on style, I would prefer it not be TOO loud or outrageous, but kinda like bright colors so my family can pick me out on a crowded run. But frankly if it's a great jacket and is butt ugly for the right price I would take that too. I just want to be warm and dry.

No real difference between ski and snowboard jackets really. More ski jackets use goretex so thatmay play a role as well. You ll be good to go with anything that is at least 10k waterproof. You can get really good online deals with great quality in the clearance section of site like evogear.com, dogfunk.com, whiskeymilitia.com, and trusnow.com. You would get better value that way over places like TJ Maxx and the like.

Thanks for the trusnow site, I hadn't found that one yet and they have a ton of choices for good prices.

I just got a call an hour ago from a buddy who's been on the waiting list for Heli skiing in the Ruby Mountains of Nevada. They had a cancellation so I'm leaving Friday for a 2 day trip!! I'm stoked!

I leave Saturday to go skiing for the first time in probably 6-7 years. First time I've been to a real mountain in close to 20 years and first time out west. I'm pretty excited.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I just got a call an hour ago from a buddy who's been on the waiting list for Heli skiing in the Ruby Mountains of Nevada. They had a cancellation so I'm leaving Friday for a 2 day trip!! I'm stoked!

You. Bastard. That is freaking awesome dude. I expect GoPro videos so I can live vicariously through you :D

I leave Saturday to go skiing for the first time in probably 6-7 years. First time I've been to a real mountain in close to 20 years and first time out west. I'm pretty excited.

Sweet man, have a blast!! Where are you skiing?

You. Bastard. That is freaking awesome dude. I expect GoPro videos so I can live vicariously through you :D

Jackson Hole

Sadly, another winter has pretty much come and gone and i never made it out to the ski hill... That makes about 5 years in a row now :/ Probably need to put forth an effort this upcoming winter or consider selling my skis. Haven't gone since i met my wife, and we've never made an attempt. Hoping that now we have the cabin only about 20 minutes from the largest ski hill in Wisconsin (Granite Peak) will make for an easier drive and possibly get my wife interested in skiing.

Heading out in a couple hours, it's a 6.5 hour drive but it will be well worth it for 2 days of untracked powder. The Ruby Mountain Range is in northern Nevada almost to the Utah border. The skiing is all above 7,500 feet up to 11,300 so the snow tends to stay fresh even 4 or 5 days after a storm. It's only my second time Heli skiing so it's going to be pretty special! I'm charging up the GoPro right now and will post something on Monday when I get back.

Here's a couple pics of the Rubies.

gallery4.jpg
gallery17.jpg
gal
gallery6.jpg

Dear Lord that looks incredible. I'll be skiing tomorrow but it won't be nearly that awesome haha

That's awesome!! Someday I'd like to get out west where the powder is, it looks like too much fun!

I've been skiing one time in my life and I was miserable! Granted I'm not sure I was dressed the best, I was in middle school and my Mom Scotchguarded the CRAP out of my cloths and I was still cold and soaked by the end of the day. Also, this was basically a REALLY large hill in Kansas, so how much fun could it really have been? It was enough to keep me off the slopes for (currently) the rest of my life.

You all have a blast, and I'm sure I might like it more now, maybe...but I'd rather be on a beach and warm.

I just spent my first day on the hill in Jackson Hole, man what a good time was had. I stayed on Blues and Double blues all day and saw the majority of the mountain.

I just spent my first day on the hill in Jackson Hole, man what a good time was had. I stayed on Blues and Double blues all day and saw the majority of the mountain.

Going to hit corbet's before you leave?

Back