The 2013-14 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah there is no way that's correct for SC. No chance.

I'd actually agree with SC. While some of those counties may be very close to 50/50, I believe the map is pretty accurate. I wish they'd show percentages.

Tennessee has 6 official and OU has 7 official. Yes, I knew that off the top of my head.

Also, if you think I'm getting defensive, you're crazy. Its all in good fun. :alien:

That said, it'll just take time to recover form the Kiffin debacle, USC will figure that out soon enough too. What a worthless turd of a human being.

First off, Lame Kitten can burn in the purgatory of collegiate football unemployment.

I was mistaken on the championship count. Collegiate NC's wefe a fickle thing back in the day. I was thinking of one of the old "championships" that didn't get the old "official" stamp of approval. Funny thing was that it was Tennessee themselves that declined it when it was given to them due to a technicality. This is in stark contrast to Bama who has used technicalities to claim multiple championships that they DIDN'T deserve. Let me do some digging and I'll find the story on it.

I also found it interesting that Tennessee won a national championship by going undefeated in 38' and then was unranked at the beginning of 39'. They ended up going undefeated again in 39' and actually never allowed a touchdown the entire year from an opponent. Yet they finished that year ranked second and lost out on a championship there... The AP has hated Tennessee for decades. It's just that recently we have been deserving of the hate.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

I'd actually agree with SC. While some of those counties may be very close to 50/50, I believe the map is pretty accurate. I wish they'd show percentages.

Considering that the county where Clemson is actually located is noted as a SCar county, I'm calling shenanigans.

This is in stark contrast to Bama who has used technicalities to claim multiple championships that they DIDN'T deserve. Let me do some digging and I'll find the story on it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

I'll take Bitter Tennessee Fans for $1000 Alex :act-up:

Talk to me when Tennessee football is relevant again.

Hopefully I hear from you by 2020

Not to mention that we will have two shots at keeping them in the pawn shop before then as well, JMan.

BOO-MER.

Also, didn't realize Oklahoma was a state? Guess he's neither seen a map lately or watched the NBA.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Not to mention that we will have two shots at keeping them in the pawn shop before then as well, JMan.

BOO-MER.

Also, didn't realize Oklahoma was a state? Guess he's neither seen a map lately or watched the NBA.

Not football related but the school my wife teaches at has a hand drawn map in the hallway, I'm not sure either state is on the map. But GA is a strip & Alabama covers GA, TN & MS.

Not football related but the school my wife teaches at has a hand drawn map in the hallway, I'm not sure either state is on the map. But GA is a strip & Alabama covers GA, TN & MS.

I pray for the youth of this country.

I pray for the youth of this country.

They did get Texas right though. I mentioned it to another teacher & she really had no clue how the SE was supposed to look. Sad day.

So North Dakota State just took the lead on the road against Kansas St.

Ballgame. First FBS game ever for North Dakota St. and they go on the road and knock off Kansas St.

Hey -- Remember when KSU won the Big 12 last year? Good times.

Ballgame. First FBS game ever for North Dakota St. and they go on the road and knock off Kansas St.

Ok my bad. Thought they moved up, but they didn't. Still a huge upset.

Remember when they graduated 19 starters? Good times.

Turrible loss, but, things happen. The beauty of college football! THANK GOD it's back!

I just hope OU actually beats Monroe, thank goodness I'll be nowhere near home to watch.

Louisiana Monroe is actually a tough little team, they beat Arkansas last year and took Auburn to OT. Both teams were really down last year but still, they're not a team anyone can afford to take lightly. That being said, OU should ride em hard and hangem up wet,lol. My hometown is a mad house this weekend with UGA being in town, its absolutely ridiculous. I'm so excited about the game tomorrow I can't sleep. Go Tigers!

I'll be headed down to Bobby Dodd Stadium at Grant Field in a few for a morning tailgate. The oldest stadium and field in Division 1, celebrating it's 100th anniversary this year. Georgia Tech is taking on Elon today in a glorified scrimmage at noon. Several unknowns for the Jackets this year. An experienced team, but youth at QB and WR plus a new Defensive coach & scheme. Could be anywhere from a 7-5 to a 10-2 year.

O-H-I-O

nuff said

O-H-I-O

nuff said

Buffalo is probably worth mentioning, too.

You can't spell "Seriously, you guys are playing Buffalo?," without "Buffalo."

Remember when they graduated 19 starters? Good times.

Turrible loss, but, things happen. The beauty of college football! THANK GOD it's back!

I just hope OU actually beats Monroe, thank goodness I'll be nowhere near home to watch.

I knew it wasn't the same team. Just illustrates how far the drop was. Pretty amazing.

Man, not making excuses, but that KSU team was decimated with graduation, and NDSU isnt just any FCS school.

Gameday is here! WDE! Time to turn this thing around!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back