Callaway Big Bertha V-Series Fairway Wood Review

Maybe there was a big demand for a LH HW so they decided to expand their initial intention?

Attention Heavenwood users! Can anybody give me some ideas on how to keep the launch down on this club to a manageable level? I have never been a high launcher of the golf ball but everything I hit with this club, off the deck or off the tee which is barely above ground level, launches straight up in the air. With that much launch, I really can't get it to go any further than my 4 iron. I feel if I can bring the ball flight down a bit, I could get my desired 200 - 210 yards out of it.

Attention Heavenwood users! Can anybody give me some ideas on how to keep the launch down on this club to a manageable level? I have never been a high launcher of the golf ball but everything I hit with this club, off the deck or off the tee which is barely above ground level, launches straight up in the air. With that much launch, I really can't get it to go any further than my 4 iron. I feel if I can bring the ball flight down a bit, I could get my desired 200 - 210 yards out of it.
The whole idea of a heaven wood is high launch. Bringing it down would be counter intuitive. it should 8n fact be as long as your 4iron. It was designed years ago before hybrids to produce a high launch and replace the long iron in the bag.

The whole idea of a heaven wood is high launch. Bringing it down would be counter intuitive. it should 8n fact be as long as your 4iron. It was designed years ago before hybrids to produce a high launch and replace the long iron in the bag.

On the shots where I was able to keep it at about 5 wood height, I got the 205 give or take distance I was looking for. I would think that inherently with a 4 and a half inch longer shaft, 1.5 degrees less loft and more mass in the head that I would get 10 - 15 more yards out of it than a 4 iron. I have only played 3 rounds with it so I have by no means dialed it in yet.

This heavenwood is sooo easy to hit. It looks shut at address but you gotta trust it. I really liked this club.

On the shots where I was able to keep it at about 5 wood height, I got the 205 give or take distance I was looking for. I would think that inherently with a 4 and a half inch longer shaft, 1.5 degrees less loft and more mass in the head that I would get 10 - 15 more yards out of it than a 4 iron. I have only played 3 rounds with it so I have by no means dialed it in yet.
I can see that with a lower flight. But for me I'd use the heaven wood for those high lofted shots. Im.sure you'll find a happy median

I absolutely LOVE the V Series 3 wood. It is so solid and easy to hit. As long as I don't overswing it, straight high launch bombs are pretty much automatic.

I absolutely LOVE the V Series 3 wood. It is so solid and easy to hit. As long as I don't overswing it, straight high launch bombs are pretty much automatic.

I agree with this. It is the first 3 wood that I can hit high launching draws from the deck. Love having the 3 and 5 in the bag, they are both deadly.

I agree with this. It is the first 3 wood that I can hit high launching draws from the deck. Love having the 3 and 5 in the bag, they are both deadly.

I am keeping an eye out for a 5 wood. The HW is still a work in progress for me.

I hope I get the same results with this club. I got one for Christmas and I can't wait to try it out.

Anybody here have a driver SS of around 97-100? How do you find the V series 3 wood for distance? I live in Canada, but have a new V Series 3 wood waiting for me in Florida when I arrive in March. Just looking for feedback on distance at this point.

Anybody here have a driver SS of around 97-100? How do you find the V series 3 wood for distance? I live in Canada, but have a new V Series 3 wood waiting for me in Florida when I arrive in March. Just looking for feedback on distance at this point.

I am around 95 and love my V Series 3 wood. I did opt for a little heavier shaft than stock and have it weighted at D2 instead of the stock D0. It is probably the easiest to launch off the deck 3 wood that I have ever played. Distance is at least as good as any other 3 wood that I have gamed. No plans for it to leave the bag anytime soon.

Heavenwood.

I wants one.

Starting Tuesday I will be more than just a lurker in this thread...

My standard reply..ll.

They are heavenly!
This club is suited just for you!
High, long, and lands soft!

Hahahaha! Now I get to call YOU and enabler CJ! :alien:

The 5 wood really performs. I don't see it leaving my bag this year. Off the tee and deck It has been incredible. Love the tour green I have in it too

I'm really enjoying having both the 3w and 5w in the bag. The 3w gets a little more play off the tee but is still very easy to hit off the deck. The 5w however is the easiest launching high attack bomber, I love hitting it from the fairway!

I really enjoy the clubs turf interaction, it just feels like it skips across the deck. Thump!

$105 for a "good" heavenwood. ..that's solid

The first outdoor range session is in the book. I'll give the club an Incomplete.

First, I love the profile of the head and the glossy simple black crown. Sound and feel were solid. No problems with the shaft being an extra .25" long.

This club flat out launches the ball way up in the air. Off the deck too, but especially off the tee. There was a head wind into us and I didn't like the trajectory for those conditions. I had some that barely went 175 and just fell straight out of the sky. Better ones were flying about 210, average was about 200 in the air. That's definitely less than normal and less than what I was hoping for with a new club. On the other hand - and to be fair - I was getting the same distances out of my G20 gamer and the G30 I was demo'ing, though they didn't have that same dramatically high trajectory. So maybe it was the combo of these range balls and the wind.

I need to get this out on the course where I can control how high I'm teeing the ball up - maybe that will help control trajectory - and get more chances to assess distances with this club. TBD

Back