2016 Masters Thread & Contest - Amazing Prize

I was on tape delay so I couldn't join this thread live. Let me just say that was hard to watch. I see a lot of people were calling it on the front nine for Jordan already. Golf is funny like that......

Oh yeah, a few were crowning him before #12 rolled around :wink:

This was a great thread I mean look almost 7100k posts. Thanks for chatting it up everyone!

The post count bump is much appreciated :D

Congrats to Willet!
I just don't like the way he handled the speech. I mean concluding by saying to JS that he's happy that Jordan didn't have to put the jacket on himself, may be funny after some time, but is really harsh for Jordan atm.

I feel really bad about the loss for Spieth, I hope he can recover from it.

Congrats to Willett on the win, he came to play on Sunday when it counted.

It was a really good round by Willett that will be overshadowed by Spieths collapse, this Masters will be remembered as the one that Spieth lost, Much like the 96 Masters.

i think it was some time either late on the front 9 or early on the back, willett was playing well and faldo was talking about how good of a putter he is. i thought, "man, i hope danny willett doesn't win." nothing against him, but as an american fan i had the fleeting thought that i would feel unfulfilled if he won.

such a bummer for js. he really holed some amazing putts this week. i don't know what he could have done better. his front 9 was such a great answer to the double at 18 on saturday. i guess we could speculate that it got in his head on #10 tee, knowing the tournament was basically his. or he just made a couple bad swings at a very difficult hole. we'll see how he responds for the rest of the year.

caaa213a8b5d908e4036cd851918cfa1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I should be moving up some with 1-7-10-15-15-17-42-42-49.

29 people took Willett so it's probably not enough for a win. I left all the top dollar guys off.

Man some of you guys are brutal.

Great win by Willet. Yes speith had a bit of a let down today but that's what can happen in golf. They don't call it a major tournament for nothing.

I thought this year's Masters was great. Had great stories all throughout and what a great finish!

The story without a doubt is Jordan but for Willet to shoot a 5 under in the final round is fantastic golf. Congrats to the guy, I hope he manage to play well and not just a flash in the pan.

Crazy ending there. Love this tournament and enjoyed watching it. Bummer spieth lost it like that, but that is golf.

Man some of you guys are brutal.

Great win by Willet. Yes speith had a bit of a let down today but that's what can happen in golf. They don't call it a major tournament for nothing.

I thought this year's Masters was great. Had great stories all throughout and what a great finish!

I agree. I don't see it as a choke, it's golf. He finished 1 over with a 7 on his card on a par 3. That ain't the round of someone that choked. And I don't think the jacket was handed to Willett either. It was pretty clear half way through that back 9 he was totally in contention. He held it together though and produced the joint lowest round of the day.
Speith will bounce back and win many more majors. I think Willett could add to his tally too.

Totally forgot I picked Willet for fantasy, he was a value addition for sure.

caaa213a8b5d908e4036cd851918cfa1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I feel horrible for Jordan, but as a Philadelphia Eagles fan this is so right. ??

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The story without a doubt is Jordan but for Willet to shoot a 5 under in the final round is fantastic golf. Congrats to the guy, I hope he manage to play well and not just a flash in the pan.
Not a flash in the pan. He was 12 in OWGR going in and 9 now. DW has been playing solid golf the last year. This should do nothing but boost his confidence.

Yes, Jordan blew up on 12. Willett played a hell of a round to earn the victory. Had he not hit so many clutch shots and putts, Jordan may have won despite 12. Give credit where credit is due.

"Masters meltdown" on golf channel is obnoxious. And unfair.

Obnoxious yeah, unfair....maybe only because it's too soon. But let's face it was right up there with some of the biggest meltdowns in golf history.

I'll be really curious to see how Jordan comes back from this in his next round.

I'll be really curious to see how Jordan comes back from this in his next round.
I was thinking that, too. I hope it doesn't turn into a steve sax/chuck knoblauch mental situation.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Obnoxious yeah, unfair....maybe only because it's too soon. But let's face it was right up there with some of the biggest meltdowns in golf history.
Jordan even refereed to it as a meltdown.

I was thinking that, too. I hope it doesn't turn into a steve sax/chuck knoblauch mental situation.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

I think Jordan's got his head on straight enough. He's had some issues this season but he's getting steadily better every event. I think if this tournament was 2 months from now he'd have walked away with it. It was this week though, and he did a damn good job over all. Hopefully he keeps that in mind going forward.

Back