Voice Caddie Swing Caddie SC100 Review

I have the SC100 and use it all the time, very pleased. Per the bolded text, I'd wait until SC200 launches Karl. Per an email consult I had with their tech support a few weeks ago, they said SC200 is launching this month. One of the added features is going to be either a launch reading or might just be the ability to program in loft? I'm not sure which, but as stated I'd be tempted to wait.
Has anyone heard anything about the sc200. The web Site seems terribly out of date and there is no mention of a new product. Trying to decide if I should pull the trigger on the 100 or wait. A google search of sc200 turns up nothing.

I recieved my SC100 last week. I have used it a couple of times and am having a problem getting accurate distances. Wedges seem to work fine but irons and fairway woods are way off. It's not a case of internet distances vs reality, I have lasered targets and hit to known target greens in both cases the SC100 is reporting a 20 to 30 yard difference. I know I hit a 24* hybrid more than 120 yards. I have tried moving the device to no avail, it does record all swings. I have a relatively slow swing speed, about 70mph, verified by my fitting numbers so that is correct. Ball speed is7 reported @110 mph. Any suggestions?
Let me put in the obvious one to save people typing:
"You don't hit as far as you think! "

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

I recieved my SC100 last week. I have used it a couple of times and am having a problem getting accurate distances. Wedges seem to work fine but irons and fairway woods are way off. It's not a case of internet distances vs reality, I have lasered targets and hit to known target greens in both cases the SC100 is reporting a 20 to 30 yard difference. I know I hit a 24* hybrid more than 120 yards. I have tried moving the device to no avail, it does record all swings. I have a relatively slow swing speed, about 70mph, verified by my fitting numbers so that is correct. Ball speed is7 reported @110 mph. Any suggestions?

The biggest issue I had originally was that I didn't have the unit far enough away from the ball when I set it up. I found 50" to work well (just longer than a driver) and then got accurate readings. Also, making sure the unit is on the same level as the ball is important, so hitting off mats might be difficult unless you make a little stand for the SC100. It is also possible that the unit is defective, but I'd try the first two things before jumping to that conclusion. Did you buy it new or used?

Having recently bought new clubs I am slightly tempted by one of these so that I can get my new distances figured out, but I also think it would be handy for working on partial swings

Skim alert, but from the few things I have read I have a question - may be completely irrelevant but not fully understanding how the device works I have to ask?

It appears to have presets for particular clubs, and it goes 9i, PW, AW, SW on the remote control, so how would I work with my wedges as my set goes 9i, PW, 48, 52,58?

Could I just set it to SW, for example, and then hit both my 52 and 58 to give me my distances, or is the unit pre-programmed with particular lofts for each club? If it is, how does it account for the different lofts that each manufacturer uses for their clubs or would it not make any difference to the numbers it gives me after each shot?

What I am trying to ask (and probably not very well) is, does the machine use pre-programmed lofts for each club to calculate the distance, or is the machine tracking the ball flight as it leaves the club?

I admit I haven't read too much about these and how they work, but if I was to compare my old PW (47deg) against my new PW (44deg), the machine would give me different distances if it was set to PW?

Distance is calculated from the club provided so it could be that the assumed launch angle/spin are different than what you're seeing on course so the calculations are off - I also believe that's just carry as well, which might be part of the difference.

Great little device. I use it regularly during my practice sessions, although I think the yardages are a bit off at times (as many have said in this thread). If nothing else it is a great feedback tool to let you know when you've really hit a shot well in comparison to others.

Have to tip my cap to you guys.

I bought this a few weeks ago, and I'm really liking it so far. It has really helped distance wise, as my home courses range is slightly downhill, and tends to add 3-5 yards of carry to everything. I will say, the device is not without it's quirks, but my wedge game has been on point distance wise from 50-110 yards out (and I don't think that this is a coincidence)

sorry to bump an old thread but I've read it from start to finish and I'm pondering picking up one of these and was wondering if I can be talked out of it. Any of you guys that have one ultimately regret it? Are most of you guys that have one still using it? I'm looking to use it mostly to hit into my backyard net to kinda keep things interesting. Thanks.

Frank

sorry to bump an old thread but I've read it from start to finish and I'm pondering picking up one of these and was wondering if I can be talked out of it. Any of you guys that have one ultimately regret it? Are most of you guys that have one still using it? I'm looking to use it mostly to hit into my backyard net to kinda keep things interesting. Thanks.

Frank

I had one, and honestly just didn't use it. Now though? With 3 drivers to compare against each other, a new net and mat to use it on, I somewhat wish I still had it. It would make comparing numbers actually happen, and hopefully I could make better informed decisions.

I found I just wouldn't get it out at the range. I was too focused on chasing numbers. But for a scenario where I only want to chase numbers, that it would be perfect.

Frank

I had one and used it periodically to dial in clubs or do some short game practice. I wasn't using it as much anymore with the season nearing a close here and gave it to another THP'er to help him get dialed in

Frank
Love mine and use it all the time but lately something in the electronics of my SC100 seems to wonk out on me. When it does, it will start spouting out phantom (obvious ego boosting) readings every 20 seconds or so, whether I swing a club or not? It's happened 4 or 5 times in the past couple months (about once every 8 or 9 range sessions). I've always been able to eventually reset it (?somehow?) and it typically works perfectly for several sessions after I do. But the glitch can cost me 15+ minutes of frustration and once I couldn't get it to work right until after I got home from the range. To be fair, I've had my unit for nearly 2 years and it's been beyond overused; nearly 17,000 swings, and easily a few thousand more that aren't logged. 99.99% of these were with the unit working perfectly.
A few weeks ago I contacted Voice Caddie to see if they knew just what was wrong with my SC100 and/or if they knew of a reliable reset sequence. When it wonks I typically try a bunch of buttons, change modes, put one (or all) of the batterys in reversed etc...) but have found no consistent reset...but it eventually starts working again. VC technicians were unaware of my problem or a fix and mine is well past warranty. But to their credit they did offer me an $80 voucher toward one of their other products if I so chose. Not bad for a 2 year old unit I bought new from one of their EBAY authorized vendors for around $200. That thing has way outlived it's normal lifespan.
Another thing that may or may nor be an issue for you? SC100 often attracts attention at the range. I'm someone who really enjoys talking golf with any and everyone so this isn't an issue for me. I let others hit with it, swapped bays with a pro giving a lesson next to me so he could utilize it in his lesson etc... If you plan to use this in public and hate to be interupted, just know going in.

Last edited:

Frank

I use mine a few times a month. Typically just to reinforce that my carry distances are what they are and I use the random mode to break up practice sessions and concentrate a little more

Frank

I like mine a lot. I realize that it isn't 100% accurate as it assigns a constant to launch angle depending on which club you select (this can be a problem with companies strengthening lofts), but it doesn't skew my results very much (maybe 1-2 yards per club). I was worried about this very issue when i purchased it, but after verifying the distances with my rangefinder I am very confident in the results. It's a great little tool to groove a smooth swing on the range with! I use it nearly every time i hit range balls, and find it very useful when dialing in 1/2 to 3/4 wedge distances

Thanks for talking me out of it fellas, I've got one on the way.

Thanks for talking me out of it fellas, I've got one on the way.
This is not the place to go of you want to be talked out of buying golf stuff :alien:

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thinking of getting one. The ES14 is another, price-ier option as well.

Sorry if this is stupid question, but will de sc100 be accurate if one mishits the driver? For example, lets say that I hit it down on the ball severely and with an open face, would it still be fairly accurate?

Sorry if this is stupid question, but will de sc100 be accurate if one mishits the driver? For example, lets say that I hit it down on the ball severely and with an open face, would it still be fairly accurate?
It will be accurate in telling you your ball speed/ swing speed, but the distance would be hard to believe as it has preset lofts and doesn't measure spin.

For example sometimes I'll come OTT with the club face closed and hit a low screamer of a pull hook. The SC will tell me I got 250 of carry on that when it probably carried 150.

That is an extreme example though. Slight mishits shouldn't be too bad.

It will be accurate in telling you your ball speed/ swing speed, but the distance would be hard to believe as it has preset lofts and doesn't measure spin.

For example sometimes I'll come OTT with the club face closed and hit a low screamer of a pull hook. The SC will tell me I got 250 of carry on that when it probably carried 150.

That is an extreme example though. Slight mishits shouldn't be too bad.

I was really pondering this and a new mat to use with my net in the backyard but my misses are rarely slight so I think I need to go a different route.

I notice on mine that fairly solid contact or better shots are quite accurate ss and ballspeed. On not so great contact ballspeed goes down as expected but ss shows faster than reality.

Forgive me if this has been asked....Does anyone know the programed loft specs for each club?? I have strong lofted AP1's and want to know if my carry distances will be skewed due to loft variances?? Too cheap to fork out cash for SC200!

Forgive me if this has been asked....Does anyone know the programed loft specs for each club?? I have strong lofted AP1's and want to know if my carry distances will be skewed due to loft variances?? Too cheap to fork out cash for SC200!

W1 9.5°
W3 17°
W4 19°
W5 21°
W6 22°
W7 24°
U3 18°
U4 20°
U5 22°
U6 24°
U7 26°
i3 20°
i4 23°
i5 26°
i6 29°
i7 35°
i8 37°
i9 41°
PW 47°
AW 53°
SW 60°

I know I'm super late to the party on these, but I picked one up in a trade and finally got a chance to dig in with it last night during some shaft testing, I really liked having some numbers to actually use from what shot to the next, I was surprised how far the range was on my speeds, but I'm sure some of that has to do with the tech, and for a cheap alternative, not bad at all!
IMG_8920_zpsvvyv8x64.jpg

133mph, not bad...:alien:

Back