Callaway Big Bertha V-Series Fairway Wood Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Great review Dan, certainly covered the details on this beast. Love to see the confirmation on the ease of use with this one and the high launch you were experiencing. Definitely as a guy that struggles with trajectory in general (but moreso with woods and hybos), this one is on a short list to try.

Good stuff Dan!
I'm sure the results you seen with the V-Series FW would differ from mine, but this counts like a must consider for anyone looking to overhaul the too end of their bag.

Great review Dan, some great info and testimonial in there. I can attest to the ease of getting the ball in the air off the deck. Such a nice, high launch with great distance and forgiveness. Just a really solid offering and somehow topped the Optiforce fairway for me.

Good stuff, Dan. Really liking everything I'm hearing on the V-Series across the board.

Great writeup, Dan. I'm one of those line drive fairway wood hitters who does tend a struggle a bit with getting the ball up. The V-series sounds like something right up my alley.

Great job Dan, as a golfer who has lost swing speed and therefore unable to launch a 3 wood high enough to game one anymore, I may just have to demo the V-Series to see if I can squeeze more yards out of it over my 5 wood. I really need all the help I can get and this sounds like just the ticket.

Great job Dan. I find it funny (for lack of a better word) that they went with the warbird sole on these FW's and not on the BB hybrids. Having a more versatile club from different lies is something I can only see as helping people while not sacrificing any distance. Sounds like the entire V-series (driver and FW's) were made for a guy like me and have me extremely interested.

Great review Dan! The versatility of this club sounds really attractive and I am really interested to give this club a go.

Nice review Dan! It's definitely on my ponder list.

Solid review here Dan! The "face neutral" is what really jumped out at me....and I think we see some success and early tour validation rather quickly.

Very good review Dan, thinking to give this one another shot

As usual a solid review by THP staff providing facts and excellent details.

As someone who loves the idea and the versatility of a 3W in the bag, but struggles at time elevating from the fairway when needed I need to go and hit this club. I have a few holes where if the confidence is there, this club could help me score better.

Great review Dan. This played a big part in me ordering one for my bag. Got the 5w with the tour green coming sometime this week

Great review Dan. This played a big part in me ordering one for my bag. Got the 5w with the tour green coming sometime this week

I need to know how this goes. Thinking of trading my BB 3w for one

Will let you know. Get back from a work trip early Thursday plan on grabbing it and taking it straight to a course to try it off the tee and the deck

Good stuff Dan! As a low handicapper, that's what I was looking for in the review. Was it a club that would preform just as well off the deck, as it does off the tee. This might find it's way into my bag.

Will let you know. Get back from a work trip early Thursday plan on grabbing it and taking it straight to a course to try it off the tee and the deck

Taylor, look forward to hearing how you hit yours.

Solid review. Thank you for taking the time and for posting it. A 5, 7, 9 combo or a 3, heavenwood, 9 combo both look very intriguing.

I'd love to see some comparative data with the Optiforce. The driver got a lot of love in that line, but I really liked the FW. I prefer the V series visually and if it performs like the Optiforce, then that's a winner.

I'd also love some comparative numbers with the XHot. I've not personally found anything better, especially with the higher launching lofts.

This is a great review. Does anyone currently using an x2hot 5 wood give these a try?

Tap tap taparoo

This only reinforces my desire to replace my 3 hybrid with a HeavenWood.

Awesome write up. Really excited for this line of clubs.

I wasn't thinking about a 3w....but this has got me pondering. I am in love with the warbird sole and the very old school design.

No one else hitting one of these? I stupidly got rid of my x2 3 wood for the big betha and rather than going back I am pondering one of these. Might be a little too high launch and spin for the wind where I play though.

No one else hitting one of these? I stupidly got rid of my x2 3 wood for the big betha and rather than going back I am pondering one of these. Might be a little too high launch and spin for the wind where I play though.
Definitely worth trying. Great combo for off the tee and easier than most to hit off deck

I can see a Heavenwood making its way into my bag soon.

Back