Any Tea Drinkers?

I've been dying to try oolong.

Try out some of the white ayurvedic chai blended with samurai chai mate at teavana if you haven't, another really good blend that they have.

I am a HUGE Chai blend fan.

I am on smokey green teas now. This is largely because I have ran out of my favorite white and oolong teas.

Figured I could bump this.

With th the diet getting ramped up, I'm looking for a low to no calorie fix for the coffee needs in the morning.

Currently I have a couple options to go through. But I'm also hoping this cuts down on the upset stomach issues I get when I drink more than 1 cup of coffee.

What do you use to steep the leaves. Everything have bought "leaks" leaves everywhere.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What do you use to steep the leaves. Everything have bought "leaks" leaves everywhere.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I've got one of those Teavan perfect tea rigs. By not stretch of the imagination am I a purest. Just trying to get a little pick me up in the morning, and avoid some of the by product of coffee.

i am a BIG tea drinker.
i grew up in the south, so that means sweet tea is standard. now that i live in Kansas it just is not the same. all tea here is unsweetened, which as we all know just doesn't taste the same.

but for me, these are the musts for tea.

sun brewed
sweetened
no lemon
lots of ice.

I am a big hot tea guy. Earl Grey or Japanese style green (sencha/matcha blend) are my standard morning drinks, straight up (no sugar or cream). Later in the day, I'm a big fan of Jasmine, Chai, rooibos, and certain herbal teas. I've recently discovered Mighty Leaf and similar loose leaf bags, the flavor is far superior but they cost about twice as much. Might have to pick up a few packs though.

I am a big hot tea guy. Earl Grey or Japanese style green (sencha/matcha blend) are my standard morning drinks, straight up (no sugar or cream). Later in the day, I'm a big fan of Jasmine, Chai, rooibos, and certain herbal teas. I've recently discovered Mighty Leaf and similar loose leaf bags, the flavor is far superior but they cost about twice as much. Might have to pick up a few packs though.

I just switched over to an earl grey myself. High caffeine is a must for the morning. We buy loose leaf exclusively. No cream no sugar for me either.

Never tried this type of tea (just iced) . May have to change that, sounds like a good hot alternative to coffee of which I drink too much!!

I've been doing a lot of iced green tea lately, some nice variations out there.

I just switched over to an earl grey myself. High caffeine is a must for the morning. We buy loose leaf exclusively. No cream no sugar for me either.
I need to get into loose leaf. What do you use to brew it? I've looked at some pots in the past but I'm not really sure which direction to go in. I know I prefer the flavor, and it's a lot less wasteful.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

My favorite brand for tea drinking is Dilmah. I like earl grey, english breakfast, mint and lychee tea. I usually have tea prepare in my office at 11am and 4pm. If I go to Japanese restaurant, I usually order classic Japanese tea : the one with matcha powder.

Thankfully, there are one or two places nearby where I can still get this

I drink a cup of Green Tea every morning M-F

Just tried it recently, I'll stick to coffee!!

I love green tea and have some white tea coming as well. I have had oolong tea a while back, but I am really looking for anything good or any suggestions anyone has.
I bought a Breville tea maker in december and it works great. You can customize steep time and brewing temperature. I found some unique teas at an online site called, "Immortalitea". A couple of good ones are, Jiaogulan(herbal), Lapsang Souchong (black), and Dragon Well.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I drink it occasionally at home, usually mint or some funky blend from David's tea or teavana. Passion from Starbucks is good as well. Always get tea at Japanese restaurants, and occasionally get tea with milk & sugar from Dunkin. My mother is a tea fanatic.

Certainly not a tea snob by any means, but I love just about any tea. I drink hot tea pretty much every morning, instead of coffee. Most weekdays at work, it's either just the regular Lipton black or green (in the individual bags). On weekends at home, I generally move between Earl Grey, Oolong, or the Twinings Breakfast Blend (a very drinkable favorite). I've tried a bunch of stuff from Teavana, and while it was all very good, I thought it was also all very overpriced. We have a little shop a couple of towns over form us in Lebanon IL that sells wine and a bunch of tea varieties. They're a little high, too, but not nearly like Teavana (who I think closed a bunch of their stores recently).

And of course I find this by searching for “drinkers” after creating a new thread. Oops! Anyway, I accidentally ordered vanilla chai tea. Not my style, but also not as weird as it sounds.

Back